PDA

View Full Version : How is the Co-op?

Faur
06-11-2010, 03:48 AM
I'm pondering getting this game to play with my friend, but the 3 maps thing makes me a little apprehensive. I suppose I'm not too fussed about duration, but how is it on the funometer and replayability?

-=XX=-Nephilim
06-11-2010, 03:54 AM
If you can get into co-op at all then it is awesome :)

Currently majority are having some issues with it and devs are looking into it...

bmaker
06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
It's really short (less than 2 hours all in all), but it's great. At least they tell you there are only 3 multiplayer maps in the steam store.

Looking forward to episode 2 now.

BUT: Single player alone is worth it IMO. (Apart from the fact that team17 must still be supported for Worms. :D )

Faur
06-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Bought it yesterday and had a lot of fun with it. We finished all 3 maps in a couple sittings, but were surprisingly amused at the challenge as we were expecting them to be doable on the first try. We'll probably try to do them again but without getting incapped.

Fortunately multiplayer worked fine right out of the box for us, save a single crash.

blackjackGT
06-12-2010, 08:57 AM
It's a lot of fun when it works. Right now, for me, the matchmaking stuff doesn't work at all -- it works if I invite a bud off the Steam friends list (or vice versa) but I don't have any luck joining supposedly open games online.

If you get the quirk where the doors won't open at the start, try changing who hosts again (happened to me with a bud last night) and try a different map maybe too.

While I find it fairly replayable, after a while you sort of memorize where the spawns are going to pop up and what not so it probably doesn't feel quite as fun (i.e. you don't get surprised as much) after a few run throughs.

dejerre
06-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Agree Blackjack, the spawnpoints should be randomized.
Not only on co-op, but in single player aswell.

But the game is absolutely worth it.
Only 15 euro (or 18 dollars).
The price of a few beers :)

Never!
06-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Pretty fun multiplayer, just wish there were a few more maps.

Redboy
06-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Is this true only limited 2 player for coop ?

midashand
06-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Is this true only limited 2 player for coop ?

Yup, 2 player co-op only.

Redboy
06-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Yup, 2 player co-op only.

Oh 2 is not enough. At least 4-8 are more fun.

GabbyArianna
06-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Oh 2 is not enough. At least 4-8 are more fun.

Eh with all the problems connecting to Co-op in this game 2 is plenty.

General Hoohah
06-16-2010, 03:13 AM
- Only 2 Player Coop
- A lot of people can't get the online play to work in this game
- If you turn on FPS camera in the cfg files, you completely loose your mouse controls in coop, if you can get it to work.
- There's only a small handful of levels you can play. Gee... what did it take you guys.. 2 hours to make those levels?

Even if the game is only $15, I just don't think its worth the money. $4.99? Sure. but I'm not paying $15 for this crap.

Warseth
06-16-2010, 04:14 PM
heh just noticed this thread...the reason I bought this game (besides cheap fun)...is the co-op...though it is ikari warrior style co-op vs contra. (*old school i know*)

I was sick of waiting on match maker.

My suggestions is maybe allowing this to work more like dungeon siege ...where we can join games on a server list ...allow us to make mods ...

The mods is another big suggestion. There are some talented people out there that can come up with some very creative things to goof around with here.

ARUG
06-20-2010, 05:32 AM
brilliant coop, yeah its short but for 13 what do you expect, a rembrandt?! anyway this is episode 1! (apart from a couple of crashes me and my m8 haven't had a prob)

AnubisArc999
06-20-2010, 09:33 AM
If you have a co-op player that is good and uses tactics well the co-op is a very fun experience.

The game is well worth the price.

nebenschwein1
06-25-2010, 05:38 AM
this is 100% a game i would love to play with my buddy. but the 3 level coop mode really keeps me from buying it. TEAM 17 note: if u release a game with more coop thats +2 copies sold from me.

waiting for what they have in store for the supposed 2nd episode.

bartmanekul
06-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Is there any offical word on when this will be sorted? This might be the only way I get my moneys worth from this game, but no matter what, matchmaking never ever works.

And only one person on my friends list has it, and he's in a different timezone.

piydek
06-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Is there any offical word on when this will be sorted? This might be the only way I get my moneys worth from this game, but no matter what, matchmaking never ever works.

And only one person on my friends list has it, and he's in a different timezone.

If you have a problem with match-making, describe it in the "bugs" topic that's stickied. Be constructive.

bartmanekul
06-27-2010, 10:12 AM
If you have a problem with match-making, describe it in the "bugs" topic that's stickied. Be constructive.

It already has been, by many people. It's a simple question, don't flame me because of the other thread please.

CannibalBob
06-27-2010, 09:11 PM
IMO: Co-op is good but leaves a lot to be desired.

Think of it this way: There are practically no games like this out there that have online co-op.

mattamd
07-16-2010, 02:57 AM
I just played the coop mode the other day with a friend and was both surprised and impressed. It's much better than the typical run and gun shooter crap that's out there. In this game you have to conserve ammo, use strategy and work together to stay alive. It's downright awesome to see a coop mode with a good challenge. Let's hope we see some more coop maps or possibly an expanded coop mode in the coming updates...if so I'm sold on the upcoming expansions.