PDA

View Full Version : TF2 Not Downloading

agentmaine56
06-11-2010, 02:30 PM
One more TF2 issue to add on to the list. I spent most of yesterday micromanaging my computer to make sure it kept chugging away at the TF2 download but every now and then it would stop and blame the severs but since about 9:30 PM Eastern yesterday, it hasn't even started to download again. I double click TF2 and it validates the files, when it finishes, nothing happens so I try again, same deal. Every now and then it says "Steam is to busy to handle your request" but I find it hard to believe that they have been clogged for 20 straight hours. I have tried restarting Steam, my computer, my router, my connections, I closed all my other applications, nothing works

I am starting to get seriously irked and I wish I could play my nice pre-ordered copy of TF2

Advise?

Ntt4
06-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Try running Steam://run/440 in Safari and see if that launches the game. Also, See what verifying the files does. If all that fails. Delete your Steam Preferences in Macintosh HD > Users > You > Application Support > Steam.

If nothing works after that, I'm afraid you will probably have to re-download the game. If this is so, Try using the Netherlands, Germany or Belgium servers. They are usually very fast.

Timerider42
06-11-2010, 03:49 PM
What Ntt4 said, if the download is freezing try switching servers under options. I had to switch from Chicago to Japan for it to work.