PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 with FOSE (Fallout Script Extender) Help

Hyena
06-11-2010, 03:36 PM
I purchased Fallout 3 and Oblivion through the Steam sale recently and I'm having trouble getting FOSE to hook on to my Steam version of Fallout 3, so that it would say I'm in-game and playing Fallout 3 on my community profile while in-game with the script extender .exe activated.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900993
I found that while trying to fix Oblivion and make it run with Oblivion's version of the script extender. That all works fully now with no problems. My playtime for Oblivion rises on my community page while also using the script extender.

Does anyone know of a way to get the same results with FOSE? I'd like my playtime to be noted on my community profile, no matter if I'm using the script extender or not. But I can't seem to get Fallout 3 to run with the FOSE through Steam. I can only get the regular version to run via Steam. :( Which isn't much good considering most mods out there now require FOSE.

Thanks for any help.

Kailieann
06-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Rename fose_loader.exe to FalloutLauncher.exe
Problem solved.

Hyena
06-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Problem solved.

Works now. Thank you very much. ;)

Borobemir
06-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Problem solved.

That doesn't launch steam.

Kailieann
06-14-2010, 04:14 PM
It's not supposed to.

DukeEdwardI
06-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Problem solved.

I did this and it worked at first, but now it doesn't. I just put in a good 3-4 hours and it wasn't recorded.

Baron Of Hell
06-20-2010, 07:03 AM
I am currently not using the FOSE or anything else. My Time does not advance. I put in abut 15 hours but my play time is stuck on 8 hours. Playing on win 7 64bit without GFWL installed.

DukeEdwardI
06-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Found a temporary solution. Every time I want to play I close Steam, delete ClientRegistry.blob and start Steam again. If I exit the game or it crashes, I just have to close Steam and do it again.

It's not perfect though, sometimes I have to do it about 2-3 times and it's annoying when the game crashes, but at least people can see when I'm in game and I can see my total time played.

Ruyo
06-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Certain games don't require Steam to run. For the most part I think it's GFWL games, since I don't need Steam running to play Fallout 3, Episodes from Liberty City and Bioshock 2.

It doesn't fix the Total Time Played, but you can link the FOSE created .exe shortcut to Steam through the Add a Non-Steam Game option. That way you can still use the Steam Overlay and chat while using FOSE mods.