PDA

View Full Version : Graphical problems

eg0elite
06-11-2010, 05:09 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2uoi847.jpg

Hall of mirrors in the top left and there is no fence during warehouse turret defense.

Also, if I turn on sync every frame I get noticeable mouse lag and animations are drawn very jerky (on any map).

ColdSeer
06-12-2010, 05:53 AM
I think your model or texture (I dnk the difference between them...u.u) might be missing?
And that thingy is the top left also happens to me.

SnowBrigade
06-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Hello eg0elite,

Thanks for the bug report. Fixed both in the next update (also in the Beta which is now on Steam's servers and should be out hopefully Monday).

Regarding the vsync option:

Even though this will look better (no screen tearing during display updates), it will require your PC to be fast enough to render the game at 60 frames per second or faster all of the time.

If it takes longer to render one frame, vsync will wait until the next monitor refresh which cuts down the frame rate by half (for example 30 fps instead of 60 fps). That will make the animation a lot less smooth.

Remember that when you have lots of zombies on screen, you're rendering a lot of polygons, more than some FPS games.

If you keep vsync off, you'll render as fast as your pc can handle it which is a lot smoother; it may drop from say 60 fps to 57 fps the next frame. With vsync on, it will drop from 60 to 30 which can cause what you describe.

Which videocard are you using?

eg0elite
06-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello eg0elite,

Thanks for the bug report. Fixed both in the next update (also in the Beta which is now on Steam's servers and should be out hopefully Monday).

Regarding the vsync option:

Even though this will look better (no screen tearing during display updates), it will require your PC to be fast enough to render the game at 60 frames per second or faster all of the time.

If it takes longer to render one frame, vsync will wait until the next monitor refresh which cuts down the frame rate by half (for example 30 fps instead of 60 fps). That will make the animation a lot less smooth.

Remember that when you have lots of zombies on screen, you're rendering a lot of polygons, more than some FPS games.

If you keep vsync off, you'll render as fast as your pc can handle it which is a lot smoother; it may drop from say 60 fps to 57 fps the next frame. With vsync on, it will drop from 60 to 30 which can cause what you describe.

Which videocard are you using?

5870 with a i7920. I can take a video of what I'm describing if you would like. It's not frame capping.

SnowBrigade
06-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Hello eg0elite,

A video would be great; your system should handle the graphics no problem.

The fence issue has been fixed for the upcoming update; in the meantime if you turn off FSAA it should render fine.

Does turning off full screen antialiasing change anything about the character animation/mouse lag?

eg0elite
06-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Hello eg0elite,

A video would be great; your system should handle the graphics no problem.

The fence issue has been fixed for the upcoming update; in the meantime if you turn off FSAA it should render fine.

Does turning off full screen antialiasing change anything about the character animation/mouse lag?

Couple things, first off Snow (is it ok to call you Snow?) it's awesome to see the hands on developer / staff involvement with a game. So you have my utmost respect on that count.

Indeed turning off FSAA rendered the fence but didn't effect the animation lag.

Here's where it gets weird on multiple counts though. Entering the game with FSAA off causes the fence to render, but then turning it back on after that point and the fence is still there, even if I join a new game!

I tried to record a video of the lag with fraps but when I was recording it fixed the input lag problem :confused: So don't worry about it I guess unless it's affecting other people, because I don't really mind playing without v-sync as I don't get much if any tearing in game with sync every frame off.