PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen support?

rexbinary
06-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Is this game 1024 x 768 only or does it support modern 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions?

Smaxx
06-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Don't own the DLC yet so that might have changed.

The original game is 1024x768 only but you have different options on how to play (e.g. scale/stretch, black borders, windowed mode).

It's one of those games that works in windowed mode very well due to its nature as a card game. You don't need fullscreen nor do you need high resolutions to enjoy it.

UMS
06-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Doesn't support it, doesn't need it though. It's designed to run in a window, not everything should be played in fullscreen (imo). Although it was predictable that some troll would come around looking for "modern" fullscreen, which I imagine was intoned rather condescendingly.

rexbinary
06-12-2010, 01:24 PM
LOL!

I paid a lot of money for my rig and my large monitor to specifically play games full screen and in the correct resolution.

If me asking if this game will take advantage of the hardware I purchased is a troll, then troll I am lol.

Syncourt
06-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I find the game looks a loot more crisp and sharper in windowed mode (on my 1920x1080). The graphics were designed for size of the window, while you can switch to full screen it will just look like a blurry stretched 640x480 image. Unless you are playing from the back of the room I'd suggest not bothering with it.

(It's also lazier too! because you don't need to move your mouse so far :rolleyes:)

OGkush&CO
06-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Doesn't support it, doesn't need it though. It's designed to run in a window, not everything should be played in fullscreen (imo). Although it was predictable that some troll would come around looking for "modern" fullscreen, which I imagine was intoned rather condescendingly.

All he did was ask if the game had support for different widescreen resolutions lol, pretty standard question for a new game on Steam. It would probably be easier to understand him if you pulled your head out of your ♥♥♥.

Weeping_Willows
06-21-2010, 07:09 PM
As it has been said, the game does not support widescreen resolutions; however, there is a way to make the graphics look more crisp in fullscreen mode. Find the file named 'game.ctl' in the game's directory (on my system for example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\spectromancer"), open it with notepad, and change 'vidmode' to 0. It will look like this: vidmode 0. Save the file before closing, and the game will be in maximum 4:3 resolution (boxed at the side), but the graphics won't look so smeared-up or pixellated. Please note that the game will take a bit longer to load, but the graphics will be MUCH cleaner. FYI: I'm playing on a 1920 x 1200 monitor currently.

Spectromancer
06-22-2010, 03:28 AM
open it with notepad, and change 'vidmode' to 0. It will look like this: vidmode 0.
This is exactly the same as choosing a start-up option: "Switch the display to 1024x768 resolution"

foadiron
12-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Although it was predictable that some troll would come around looking for "modern" fullscreen, which I imagine was intoned rather condescendingly.

What a pathetic newbie comment.