PDA

View Full Version : How to get earbuds...

lychee92
06-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Just download parallels, so you can run a side mac on your pc, that way you can download steam + tf2, and run it. I did it, tho tf2 was barely runable, I was running on like 1 fps, but I was still able to see the item drop screen, and I received my earbuds.

drwolfik
06-13-2010, 01:07 AM
This is stupid and unfair. Earbuds are for OS X users.

thisithis
06-13-2010, 01:23 AM

macward66 is that you??? Look I can care less who gets the Earbuds, Mac or PC. I don't think Valve was wrong to just give the Earbuds to one type of user. And yes I got my Earbuds because I'm a Mac user. But unfair is still unfair, no matter how you look at it. :(

Spencerson
06-13-2010, 06:01 AM
It's not stupid and unfair, it's called sharing.
It's just an item anyway, who gives a damn.

drwolfik
06-13-2010, 06:16 AM
It's just an item anyway, who gives a damn.
Yeah? Than why PC users can do anything to grab these earbuds?

temion
06-13-2010, 06:21 AM

What? don't be a tool. The whole promo was to run tf2 on a mac, nothing more and nothing less. He did it via parallells, with freaking 1fps. The guy earned the hat.

I say, bravo.

d10sfan
06-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Who cares if someone wastes the time to download a VM and install OSX and TF2? If they took the time to do that just to get some fake earbuds, they deserve it.

drwolfik
06-13-2010, 07:02 AM
This is our 'feature' and I want to know that player wearing earbuds is a mac os user but they are mostly PC users who cheated and received this item.

And one more question: why tf2 developers allowed only PC users to have them?

temion
06-13-2010, 07:27 AM
This is our 'feature' and I want to know that player wearing earbuds is a mac os user but they are mostly PC users who cheated and received this item.

its not "our" feature. No place did it ever say "For apple macintosh computer owners who play tf2 on system 10 ONLY", it just says "play on a mac, get ear buds"

Grow up.

Stevontoast
06-13-2010, 07:54 AM

And one more question: why tf2 developers allowed only PC users to have them?

People who are wearing earbuds ARE mac OS X users.
It's just not their primary OS.
I have both so I have the earbuds.
I'm typing this on a mac, but I play on my Windows 7 ultimate x64 because its better for gaming.
You gonna cry at me too?
I bet the people at valve don't use macs to play, but they have the items too.
Cry to them and they'll laugh you out their office.

drwolfik
06-13-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm very surprised with your reaction. See ya.

Hean
06-13-2010, 12:07 PM
@ drwolfik, I can't really see why you'd care about if you'd know you were playing against people with Mac OS and even then, some of them probably won't even wear the earbuds and rather wear other hats.
Stop acting childish about the responses you get.

Also - To all MAC users, belated welcome to steam from Hean.

xMr.Orangex
06-13-2010, 12:51 PM
PC people get so easily jealous...

Hean
06-13-2010, 12:55 PM
PC people get so easily jealous...

Thanks for the nice reply . . . especially the generalisation part.

xMr.Orangex
06-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the nice reply . . . especially the generalisation part.

You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it.

Balobonator
06-13-2010, 01:01 PM
A lot of people I know got around the barrier to get the earbuds.

My friend, who must absolutely have every hat made, got them, and he's only a PC user. He gave me the chance to get the earbuds, but I rejected. Didn't feel like being made fun of.

drwolfik
06-13-2010, 01:06 PM
My friend, who must absolutely have every hat made, got them, and he's only a PC user. He gave me the chance to get the earbuds, but I rejected. Didn't feel like being made fun of.
Right choice.

2 ALL : There isn't anything childish. I'm talking about fair play. That's all.

Hean
06-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Right choice.

2 ALL : There isn't anything childish. I'm talking about fair play. That's all.

Fair play? I don't see what that have to do with someone who might have both operation systems and can get the earbuds, which apparently makes you rather mad.

zxrappidxz
06-13-2010, 01:24 PM
macward66 is that you??? Look I can care less who gets the Earbuds, Mac or PC. I don't think Valve was wrong to just give the Earbuds to one type of user. And yes I got my Earbuds because I'm a Mac user. But unfair is still unfair, no matter how you look at it. :(

sees you can play on the mac are you playing on a mac OS X 10.6.3? since i only get steam errors

drwolfik
06-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm talking about players that have ONLY PC system and never heard about mac.

Hean
06-13-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm talking about players that have ONLY PC system and never heard about mac.

If they've never heard of MAC they obviously would've avoided to see the Tf2 / steam news or in any other way NOT get the earbuds, obviously they would've had to hear about it to even think of quickly getting the OS. Also, it doesn't state that it's only for people who got MAC, it just means you have to log in on a MAC OS, so no big problem about that to be honest.

drwolfik
06-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Ok, we're talking about different things but that doesn't matter.
Honestly, I am very exicted about 10.6.4. Can't wait for it.

Fuzz Bucket
06-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Technically, it says "play on a Mac..."

A computer virtualizing OS X is not necessarily (and likely not) a Mac.

I wonder how much pirating has resulted from this...