Progressman
06-13-2010, 03:28 AM
Very cute and funny.

Are there any other games by the same company out there. :p

Shizuka
06-13-2010, 11:22 AM
try the official page :p
http://www.brawsome.com.au/

anyway, not to open another thread, just finished it and I have to say I really, really loved it. Cute, extremely charming, funny and witty (the painting and dead parrot jokes being my favs :)), the music and voice acting are superb - overall a really brawsome game! :D One of those that make you feel all happy inside.

p.s. Please mr. Andrew release an official soundtrack!

brawsome
06-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Oh, hey thanks!

Glad you like the game!

As far as a soundtrack, we're looking into it, we can't release it as a seperate product due to licencing issues, but are looking at ways we can possibly release it as a companion product.

Thanks,
Andrew

Shizuka
06-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I'll be happy as long as I can listen to the music on my mp3 player ;)

Btw when you make a sequel (we're expecting it and keeping fingers crossed :)) would you consider adding a few save slots and manual saving? (in addition to the auto save) Far from that I don't like the current system of saving, but I miss the option of being able to rewatch/replay scenes. I don't know about others, but I like to show cool/hilarious parts to friends, or just replay them because I like them a lot, and Jolly Rover has so many such scenes...

brawsome
06-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Hi Shizuka,

The save system is kind of a carry over from the last casual game I did. Many casual players are confused with multiple save systems. But including a few save slots is not a difficult thing to achieve, so I will put it down in the list of features for the sequel.

The likelihood of a Jolly Rover sequel is directly to folks like you buying and enjoying the game. Please let people know both online (forums, review sites) and offline. A good place to let people know you liked the game is by posting a quick review here: http://www.gamezebo.com/download-games/jolly-rover/review. The user score helps entice others to give the game a go =0).

There's nothing I'd like more than to make a sequel, which will be better than the first due to all the great feedback I'm getting.

Thanks,
Andrew

mizzuks
06-23-2010, 10:30 AM
It looks exactly like Monkey Island but without the humor

brawsome
06-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Sure, there are obvious comparisons to Monkey Island - it's about pirates, it's a comedy, it's a point and click adventure.

Please give the demo a go (it's free!), before writing it off. Maybe you could check out the reviews it's been getting:
http://www.brawsome.com.au/JollyRover/index.php?page=press

Wizard_CaT
06-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Sure, there are obvious comparisons to Monkey Island - it's about pirates, it's a comedy, it's a point and click adventure.

Please give the demo a go (it's free!), before writing it off. Maybe you could check out the reviews it's been getting:
http://www.brawsome.com.au/JollyRover/index.php?page=press

You know, in the opening dialog, I thought you were giving a tip of the hat to Monkey when Jolly said "My name is Gai-uh James Rover."

There is plenty of humor in the game Mizzuks.

And this game -is- great. Once I saw it was a SCUMMish adventure game I got the demo, though I had a feeling I'd end up buying it anyway, which I did.

Transmeta
06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
I played the demo, it was a bit entertaining, I just can't see the $20. I'm sure you worked hard on the art and VO, but maybe $7.50 tops. It seems to have about 1/4 or even 1/3rd in the demo.

Axarraekji
07-26-2010, 05:08 PM
I just bought the game this weekend after browsing steam indie games. This is one of the best adventure games I've played just because it isn't at all frustrating. The puzzles are logical, the artwork and voice acting are excellent. Monkey Island and Siberia I and II had some frustrations throughout, but this is great. Good job!

I hope you get to make that obscure title you're thinking about.

-Axar

mizzuks
08-10-2010, 03:19 PM
You know, in the opening dialog, I thought you were giving a tip of the hat to Monkey when Jolly said "My name is Gai-uh James Rover."

There is plenty of humor in the game Mizzuks.

And this game -is- great. Once I saw it was a SCUMMish adventure game I got the demo, though I had a feeling I'd end up buying it anyway, which I did.

Oh, right. I see. Maybe I'll pick it up, then.

Mo54
09-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I'll get around to this game eventually.
I've too much on my plate at the moment but I loved the demo.

Menacia
09-14-2010, 01:13 AM
This game is indeed awesome and great. The fact that it got dogs (I love dogs) in it and that it reminds me of Monkey Island rose my attention. Now that I'm finally playing it, all I can say is, that I realy like the humor. So far I haven't encountered a single dialogue that was boring or made me want to skip it. Each one is great!