PDA

View Full Version : PoP - Forgotten Sands fails to.. work.

speedydvv
06-13-2010, 04:50 AM
So I pre-order the normal version, expecting an AC2 kind of launcher, but hell, I play my games with a high-speed internet connection and AC2 gave me nearly no problems. So I figured- what the heck, why not. I like PoP, so there.

..So, the day comes to install it, and I'm kinda busy, so I leave it to download and install..

And now, I boot it up and.. my resolution goes to 800x600 and stays.. black. My processor is apparantly up to 92% in use thanks to the game, and.. it's. doing. NOTHING.

The Ubisoft Game Launcher updated normally, I logged in normally and AC2 still works problemless.. so I doubt it's that, but what's up with this?

Ahem, right. Computer specifics.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit
CPU Type: Intel Core i7 940
Memory Size: 12GB (6 x 2GB)
Memory Type: DDR3 (SODIMM)
Motherboard Chipset: Intel X58
Video Chip: 2 x GeForce GTX 260 (Running SLI)

Before you go all idea-like.. I DID rename the register folder to 1.0, I DID set the compatibility settings to Windows Vista SP2, even tried XP with SP3. Validated quite perfectly and even the redownload didn't help.

ADD: I've failed to mention this; once I changed the settings and renamed the folder to 1.0, the resolution stays at 1600x1200 as requested (that's my standard resolution) but still gives a black screen with NOTHING ELSE. And yes, I did wait. If one were to check my Steam account, they would notice a 'play time' of 29 minutes. Which is exactly the time I spent WAITING FOR IT TO WORK.

nobuto
06-13-2010, 09:51 AM
...Updated drivers? Also does Forgotten Sands have SLI support? Some games are a bit iffy like that.

EDIT: Also try validating files. If that doesn't work, install again.

speedydvv
06-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Validated quite perfectly and even the redownload didn't help.

And my drivers are up to date, I check it at least once a month on NVidia's own page, if Windows Update doesn't catch it.

And even IF Forgotten Sands does NOT have SLI support, the 1 GB ONE card delivers should still be plenty.

ADD:
Product: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (x2)
Current Installed Driver: 197.45
Latest Driver Update: Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

eydeeb
06-13-2010, 11:36 AM
As you have an nvidia card, you'll have to wait for a driver hotfix as usual I guess. Try a beta driver if there's one available.

speedydvv
06-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I dont get it, though. Every other Ubisoft game has worked fine.

Like I mentioned before, AC2.. worked correctly like minutes after the install. And I preorder THAT game, too. :(

nobuto
06-15-2010, 03:18 AM
It's not a question of whether it's an Ubisoft game or not, it's a different studio. Ubisoft is just a publisher.

What you're going to find is that different engines work better on your setup.
Be patient until Nvidia release drivers.