PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

Minidoomer
06-13-2010, 07:54 PM
So...I won't be seeing any money back for buying TF2 will I? lol

It's unplayable. In every sense of the word. Lowest resolution with everything turned down to minimum settings, and I can't even run an offline game without major lag.

Macbook Pro NVIDIA 9400, 2009 dual core intel processor, blah blah blah...

Back to Sexbox then. (that's the name of my Xbox...I named my Xbox)

Add me peeps! Jiterbug is the name!

RageBattle
06-13-2010, 08:25 PM
I feel you, but if there is nothing else you can do on your end, at least wait it out until the devs sort out the kinks, even the PC side isn't perfect. Good news is, they seem to be putting a good amount of effort into it.

vilkaas
06-13-2010, 08:44 PM

Even though voice doesn't work, there are some texture problems, there's problems connecting to servers and FPS can get pretty low, there might be some hope yet. I'm on a similar MBP, and eventhough most of the time the game hasn't been playable, I've had reassuring experiences: it has actually run semi-decent a couple times today, atleast FPS-wise.

Hang in there.

Atariangamer
06-13-2010, 11:16 PM
You could try running some performance configs and get some low poly models, remove/replace a few shaders, and see how it goes...Thats how I got it running on a low end PC with similar problems.

But the FPS is currently on a decline. I noticed it even in windows. When I used to get 200 steady, I can now only get about 150 steady.

rbarris
06-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Keep in mind the offline games can actually be more CPU intensive than the online ones in some cases, because of the AI work going on.

Improving performance of the Source Mac engine is a high priority for me / us, though some of the more significant improvements we have in mind are going to require a driver update on OS X to reach fruition. What that means is that FPS improvements are far more likely to appear on OS X 10.6.x and not 10.5.x, because 10.5.x is not getting any new drivers.

Kyle6477
06-13-2010, 11:31 PM
So...I won't be seeing any money back for buying TF2 will I? lol

It's unplayable. In every sense of the word. Lowest resolution with everything turned down to minimum settings, and I can't even run an offline game without major lag.

Back to Sexbox then. (that's the name of my Xbox...I named my Xbox)

Add me peeps! Jiterbug is the name!

I'm curious as to why you are running into issues. I can run on a 13" MBP with 2.26GHz Processor, 4 GB of ram, and the 9400M with almost no problems.

interloper3666
06-14-2010, 03:09 AM
I also have no problems at all playing it on my iMac.

Mangr0v3
06-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Strange, I can play it fine, and your MBP is probably better than my Macbook:

Macbook6,1 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
9400M

MetalLight
06-14-2010, 04:05 AM
I imagine you've already tried this, Minidoomer, but have you quit out of any/all applications and processes that arent necessary? Check your activity monitor before you open up tf2, if you havent already, and make sure!

vilkaas
06-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm curious as to why you are running into issues. I can run on a 13" MBP with 2.26GHz Processor, 4 GB of ram, and the 9400M with almost no problems.

Perhaps we have corrupted our systems by scanning too much fine art.

vilkaas
06-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Improving performance of the Source Mac engine is a high priority for me / us, though some of the more significant improvements we have in mind are going to require a driver update on OS X to reach fruition. What that means is that FPS improvements are far more likely to appear on OS X 10.6.x and not 10.5.x, because 10.5.x is not getting any new drivers.

Looking forward to that OS X update then. So many variables in the equation, I suppose. Keep up the good work!