PDA

View Full Version : But.... WHY?!?!!?

Natima
06-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Take a look around.
The entire interwebs are buzzing with nerd-rage!
Can we at least know for what purpose the Valve conference was cancelled? Surely they had an entire event planned? For it to be cancelled it must have existed in some form. Why not just give us a shred of what MUST have been pre-prepared.

Everybody wants HL Ep3. Why not just do what blizzard did with D3 and announce it? Even if it takes another 2 years to release. Just give us something if just for the sake of shutting us up and calming us down.

I think I can speak for thousands if not tens of thousands of other HL fans, when I say we want an explanation. Even if it is just a simple statement saying "Ep 3 is still in development, dont worry. We cancelled becuase we didn't have enough material to display".... Just SOMETHING!

Zorlac
06-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Valve has always been a very secret company. A little too much lately if you ask me.

Tharanon
06-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Valve has always been a very secret company. A little too much lately if you ask me.

VAVLe rather not cares it seems. They care of what the community wants for games but not what they want to know about the games beforehand.
The communication between VALVe and its community is by far the worst I've ever seen. The only reason why I stick to VALVe at the moment is because they are the only ones who found it worth to invest into the Mac.

I'm really disappointed at the moment of what is going on with them and their weird talks about "surprises" and "cancelation" and and and... =(

Zorlac
06-14-2010, 04:30 PM
VAVLe rather not cares it seems. They care of what the community wants for games but not what they want to know about the games beforehand.
The communication between VALVe and its community is by far the worst I've ever seen. The only reason why I stick to VALVe at the moment is because they are the only ones who found it worth to invest into the Mac.

I'm really disappointed at the moment of what is going on with them and their weird talks about "surprises" and "cancelation" and and and... =(

Quick note, VALVe is a logo, you don't have to type that every time you type Valve.

Gimgak
06-14-2010, 04:41 PM
They're just doing what Bethesda does; don't announcing anything till the last minute so games aren't hyped too early and disappointment doesn't ensue. Doesn't really bother me.

DarknesshadoW
06-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Take a look around.
Everybody wants HL Ep3. Why not just do what blizzard did with D3 and announce it? Even if it takes another 2 years to release. Just give us something if just for the sake of shutting us up and calming us down.

Blizzard's decision to create a website for a game they're not even close to releasing was very stupid, nobody cares anymore.

Tharanon
06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Quick note, VALVe is a logo, you don't have to type that every time you type Valve.

What a stupid comment to make -.-

Blizzard's decision to create a website for a game they're not even close to releasing was very stupid, nobody cares anymore.

Trust me! A LOT of people care.

CookiesFtw
06-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Take a look around.
The entire interwebs are buzzing with nerd-rage!
Can we at least know for what purpose the Valve conference was cancelled? Surely they had an entire event planned? For it to be cancelled it must have existed in some form. Why not just give us a shred of what MUST have been pre-prepared.

I think I can speak for thousands if not tens of thousands of other HL fans, when I say we want an explanation. Even if it is just a simple statement saying "Ep 3 is still in development, dont worry. We cancelled becuase we didn't have enough material to display".... Just SOMETHING!

It wasn't canceled http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15397000&postcount=1

snrooster
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't mind not knowing. But, I do agree, a release date.....even one for years from now is better than nothing.

EroThraX
06-14-2010, 05:56 PM
It wasn't canceled http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15397000&postcount=1

Did you even read what you just posted? Yes the conference was cancelled. All that they are doing are screenings for the media in side rooms and stuff on the E3 floor tomorrow.

1up has a stream of the Portal 2 screening they are giving them for later.