PDA

View Full Version : No matches currently available.

Wierdmage
06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
It appears that I cannot find a match whenever I search for one in game. It simply tells me that there are none currently available.

Is there a fix to this issue?

Wierdmage
06-15-2010, 05:09 PM
bumping

AltTab
06-15-2010, 05:11 PM
i tried to do a online match but didnt go though but i did notice that once i closed the game window microsoft firewall was blocking the program. ive choosen to unblock the program and after a little break ill try hosting a game

Joreel
06-15-2010, 05:12 PM
The game isn't an online game as we have found out today... even the co-op feature of the game is busted. WOTC admited today that it screwed up by having Steam advertise the game as having online functions such as ranked and unranked gameplay. They are currently taking that part of the game discription down according to the WOTC reps.

Wierdmage
06-15-2010, 05:18 PM
The game isn't an online game as we have found out today... even the co-op feature of the game is busted. WOTC admited today that it screwed up by having Steam advertise the game as having online functions such as ranked and unranked gameplay. They are currently taking that part of the game discription down according to the WOTC reps.

You are joking, right? Isn't the 360 version of this game online?

Why would they dumb down the PC version so greatly?

lawsie69
06-15-2010, 05:20 PM

did you just spurt a load of words out in random order? Of course this game is online able, reason why there are not many games atm is because everyone is unlocking decks etc...

Joreel
06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
A very BAD port of the game to PC... it even tells you to plug in a second xbox controller it you want to play a Hotseat game lol. HOTseat games are so 1990's.

Wierdmage
06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
did you just spurt a load of words out in random order? Of course this game is online able, reason why there are not many games atm is because everyone is unlocking decks etc...

Surely I should be able to find a single person wanting to play a match.

lawsie69
06-15-2010, 05:24 PM
well i have, i had a quick look and found one match only, didnt join, was just testing.

Fluo Protein
06-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Try to host a game. Worked fine for me :)

EpicHeroes
06-15-2010, 05:25 PM
A very BAD port of the game to PC... it even tells you to plug in a second xbox controller it you want to play a Hotseat game lol. HOTseat games are so 1990's.
This is really a perfect port of the XBLA version. The XBLA works the exact same way. Also the rooms will start to fill soon. The game just came out and there are a lot of cards to unlock.

Joreel
06-15-2010, 05:27 PM

Hey guys, I definitely hear you on the online co-op experience that you're looking for. The current co-op option is similar to the hot-seat option that I'm sure you're familiar with, where both people sit at the same computer.

We haven't announced any plans to add an online co-op like you're talking about, but if that changes you'll definitely see a message about it here.

Trevor Kidd
Community Manager
Wizards of the Coast

We definitely didn't intend to cause any confusion on the type of co-op available, but regardless of that, people are definitely confused.

While this may not help any of us here, we're looking at pulling down the co-op multiplayer info on the main steam page to eliminate any further confusion.

We're definitely interested in a full-blown online multiplayer option, but at this point I don't have any real information about what that might look like or when we might have it. As soon as I do, you'll know.

Trevor Kidd
Community Manager
Wizards of the Coast

That is where I got my info dude. Mr. Kidd even states there isn't an online feature right now...

Wierdmage
06-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Hey guys, I definitely hear you on the online co-op experience that you're looking for. The current co-op option is similar to the hot-seat option that I'm sure you're familiar with, where both people sit at the same computer.

We haven't announced any plans to add an online co-op like you're talking about, but if that changes you'll definitely see a message about it here.

Trevor Kidd
Community Manager
Wizards of the Coast

We definitely didn't intend to cause any confusion on the type of co-op available, but regardless of that, people are definitely confused.

While this may not help any of us here, we're looking at pulling down the co-op multiplayer info on the main steam page to eliminate any further confusion.

We're definitely interested in a full-blown online multiplayer option, but at this point I don't have any real information about what that might look like or when we might have it. As soon as I do, you'll know.

Trevor Kidd
Community Manager
Wizards of the Coast

That is where I got my info dude. Mr. Kidd even states there isn't an online feature right now...

He is obviously referring to co-op, meaning two headed giant. There is online otherwise.

xFadedx
06-15-2010, 05:38 PM
On-line feature for co-op... There is online for the rest though. :P

-edit-
Someone beat me to the punch.

FeriIuce
06-15-2010, 06:05 PM
I dont know what you guys have been smoking, but I've played quite a few online matches (And heard way too much broken up music through someones open mic).

There is just no online 2headed giant.

TheTrainman
06-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Whenever I search for an online match it also says that there are none currently available. :/

AusSkiller
06-16-2010, 10:49 PM
That's probably the region problem since it only seems to check for players in the same download region :(.

To change it go to Steam->Settings->Downloads->Download region and change it to a more heavily populated one.