PDA

View Full Version : Fails...

djfantasy
06-15-2010, 10:17 PM
as a veteran M:TG player I was expecting this to be somewhat good... but it acctually is worst M:TG game out there...

Fail n.1 (and the biggest one):

No online co-op. Me and my friends bought the game just because there were word co-op. 99% of time it means "online"... hotseat gaming with pc died over 10 years ago.

Fail n.2:

Deck editing. I knew there wont be deck builder and accepted that fact but the deck edit feature is just fail. I expeceted that I unlock cards and REPLACE old cards in the deck... but no, I only get to decide which ones of the unlocked cards will be included in the deck. + I cant control the land amount in the deck.

Fail n.3:

Ranked matches and counter spells

Did play one game and that was enough for me. Opponent was playing red goblin burn and we ended up in the situation where I had 5 life left. I knew he had Lava Axe in that deck so I was saving my Cancel (if I remember right) for it... he was thinking thinking thinking and then BOOM I was dead... looked at the opponents graveyard and there was Lava Axe... WTF... the game never even offered me the chance to counter it.

These are the fails that come to mind at this point.
I will be going back to my friends place where I can acctually counter stuff.

I give this 1/5 stars

vileguy
06-15-2010, 10:29 PM
as a veteran M:TG player I was expecting this to be somewhat good... but it acctually is worst M:TG game out there...

Fail n.1 (and the biggest one):

No online co-op. Me and my friends bought the game just because there were word co-op. 99% of time it means "online"... hotseat gaming with pc died over 10 years ago.

Fail n.2:

Deck editing. I knew there wont be deck builder and accepted that fact but the deck edit feature is just fail. I expeceted that I unlock cards and REPLACE old cards in the deck... but no, I only get to decide which ones of the unlocked cards will be included in the deck. + I cant control the land amount in the deck.

Fail n.3:

Ranked matches and counter spells

Did play one game and that was enough for me. Opponent was playing red goblin burn and we ended up in the situation where I had 5 life left. I knew he had Lava Axe in that deck so I was saving my Cancel (if I remember right) for it... he was thinking thinking thinking and then BOOM I was dead... looked at the opponents graveyard and there was Lava Axe... WTF... the game never even offered me the chance to counter it.

These are the fails that come to mind at this point.
I will be going back to my friends place where I can acctually counter stuff.

I give this 1/5 stars

Lag factored into counters is pretty stupid, but so is lag factored into an FPS. I sympathize with your loss and feel that this game doesn't deserve to have "ranked" games at all because it's so casual.