PDA

View Full Version : Bugs and Solutions

billt17
06-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Please use this thread to tell us about any known bugs and we will use this as a basis for what we need to look at for an update. If someone posts a bug, but you know the answer then please post here.

Thankyou in advance.

billt17
06-16-2010, 05:27 AM
For example if you are having problems saving in the game.

The reason for this problem is that you're not using the default location for the "My Documents" folder and the game can't deal with this. You just need to reset the location of "My Documents" to the default (no need to move your files), play the game until you've got your first save, and then select your chosen location for "My Documents" again (this time moving the files). All you have to do then is to move the contents of "Copy of My Games" to "My Games" and you're good to go.

Solution courtesy of Cogito.

Iaspis
06-16-2010, 08:30 AM
I have already posted about this a couple of times, I think I should post it here too.

If you have Windows 7 and you're having sound problems with the Windows system sounds (very low volume) after playing or just trying to play co-op, it's NOT a sound bug. It's because of an option in Control Panel - Sound - Manage Audio Devices - Communications tab, that by default "reduces sound volume by 80%" when Windows detects communications activity. Turn this to "Do Nothing" and sounds get back to normal.

The problem is that the game "tries to communicate" with something, even after you exit it completely, and Windows detects that.

kaka
06-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Hello,
I played AB:Impact several times, but sometimes it crashed. So I installed newest graphics and physX drivers and now I cannot play. I tried to reinstall the game and drivers, but it didnt help. Can I post the crash dumps? The game close with "We apologize for ... application mus be closed" and sometimes with "GameOverlayUI.EXE Operation read fails with some memory adressess".

My config:

WinXp 32bit SP3
nForce4ultra with AMD X2 4200
GeForce 8800GT
2Gb RAM

This config is similar to H.E.X.E.N.´s computer and his game crashes too.

SpectralShade
06-16-2010, 09:43 AM
I found out that the game really dislikes firewalls preventing its communication on my system. Before I got the chance to let my firewall "learn" this software, Alien Breed would crash without warning as soon as it tried to communicate and was prevented(not always at a point I myself would deem logical). Letting my firewall allow the exe file to communicate removed these particular crashes.

I can still crash the game at will by hitting an arrow key in a menu in the game, and sometimes get random crashes too during gameplay, but at least I found the cause for this particular crash.

ARUG
06-20-2010, 06:36 AM
i didn't think i had any bugs but reading this it reminded me in coop if my m8 presses the scroll keys in the menu during a game he crashes. i haven't tried it yet, usually too busy staying alive lol!

apart from that not a prob i'm glad to say.

billt17
06-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Another problem solved by the community was one brought up by HEXEN.

Every time I try to play, I start a new game and it loads and starts the first story board sequence or "comic book squares", and when it gets to the one showing him sitting on the bed or something, the screen freezes, then goes blank, then brings up an error report.

Currently running this on my work rig with the following specs...

Windows XP SP3 32 bit
Chaintech VNF4 Ultra mainboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo @ 2 ghz
2 gigs corsair value select
nvidia 7800GT with 163.75 WHQL

The answer was provided by padgey2010

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp...driver-uk.html thats a link to the UK drivers for it.. but you can change the language if your not from UK... i think trying the latest graphics drivers might help as 163 is pretty old to be honest...

polarizeme
06-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey all.
So I'm not sure if this issue is with Steam or Alien Breed: Impact directly, but here's the deal:

I downloaded the demo to try it out. I loved it, so I bought the two-pack deal. I tried to install the full version, but it told me I already had it installed. I figured that maybe the demo installed the full game, but just blocked access to the full version, so I didn't think much about it.

Later that night, I launched the game only to find out it was still just the demo. It gave me the option to "purchase the full version," but I wasn't about to do that because I'd already done it (not to mention the browser window it opens when I click that option is completely blank and never loads a page).

I uninstalled the local files for the game and re-downloaded/re-installed. Same issue.

I installed the game on my laptop and it works great, so I can only assume that the problem is from some config or temp files stored locally on my machine; an issue that I assumed would be fixed when using the "delete local files" option.

I've done a search on my machine for any files that contain "alien breed" or "alienbreed" and deleted them, but whenever I re-install, the same problem occurs. :eek:

Also, I'm fairly confident that my machine specs honestly don't matter for this issue, but here they are in case I'm horribly wrong:

Win7 Ultimate x64
8mb ram
Athlon64 X2 7750 2.7GHz
Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5

Seriously... HALP!
(and cheers in advance for any assistance)

ARUG
06-22-2010, 08:42 AM
last night i bought my first upgrade, on my rookie single player game, for the laser rifle; the rapid fire module.
tried it out and didn't notice much difference.

started the game today and was checking my inverntory and noticed the upgrade icon on my laser rifle is the enhanced reload module.
went to the intex terminal to check i hadn't accidentally chosen the reload module, but the rapid fire module had been bought.

i haven't noticed any problems with the other weapon upgrades, but i haven't tried them all yet.

tip for upgrades, do them after saving so you can try them out and if you don't like it reload the game ;)

yes same thing with the assault rifle and flamethrower, though the rapid fire module does actually appear to work on them both, don't think it did on the laser rifle but could be wrong.

ARUG
06-23-2010, 08:21 PM
does anyone else have this problem with upgrades or is it just me?

oh yeah i forgot, when you use the hardened armour and try using another the message, like the one that comes up if you try using a medikit "full health", is a line of code.

amme
06-28-2010, 07:44 AM
I reinstalled

Grafic Driver
physX
DirectX
MS Visual C++

also deleted Game before Driver Update and reinstalled Game
and still the exe hangs at start.

never had Probs with any Game on Steam.

Windows7 64bit
Nvidia GTX280
8 GB Ram
Intel Core2 Extreme Q6850
Samsung SSD-HD

LostDJ
06-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi,

I played the game for almost 1 hour on my computer. Now it's not starting anymore. When I try to start the game, nothing happens. I reinstalled the game, but nothing works. On my Laptop it's still working fine.

Sys:
i5-750 @3,5
4GB G.Skill 1600 DDR3
DFI ITX P55
ATI HD 5850
Win7 Ult. X64

Laptop
Asus X50N
Geforce 9700GT M
4GB DDR2
Win7 Ult. X64

Hope you can help.

eldo76
07-02-2010, 06:36 AM
just noticed it seems I just can´t access the achievements status while in game (menu), if I click on achievements it just does nothing.
I can see them in the steam game page though, they are working there but not in the main menu of the game, only me ?

ARUG
07-02-2010, 07:00 AM
works for me ok, not had a prob with it

amme
07-02-2010, 10:44 AM
@billt17: any news about a patch to fix the start-problems? It seems that still many ppl cant play the game!

i hope the money i spent was not just to see the AB-loading screen and nothing else.

wantonsoup
07-03-2010, 02:32 PM
i too have the same problem with game only displaying the splash screen. have cleaned out my drivers / phys x and reinstalled it all, up to date on my windows updates as well

Vista 64
Pent Quad core 2.8 gig
Geforce 260gtx
4 gig ram

billt17
07-05-2010, 04:34 AM
There seems to be quite a few having problems starting the game.

So, to track down issues with the game failing to start, please follow the instructions below. I know it's a bit convoluted but it should help us. Note that this is ONLY useful if you can’t get as far as the main menu, any issues you encounter once the game has launched will not be logged here.

1) Download “DebugView” from here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx

2) Decompress the ZIP file, and run the “Dbgview.exe” program BEFORE launching Alien Breed

3) Launch Alien Breed

4) After the game has failed to launch, select File->Save from the DebugView menu, and save the file to your hard drive.

5) Click on your start-button and select “run”, then in the window that pops up, type “dxdiag” (without the quotes) and press return. This runs the DirectX diagnostics tool

6) Click on the “Save All Information...” button, and save the results file to your harddrive

7) Attach the files you saved above in (4) and (6) to an email and send it to pr@team17.com and then we can tell where things are going wrong.

wantonsoup
07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
email sent, thank you for trying to resolve this issue, look forward to actually playing the game

billt17
07-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Got some good news, bad news here. Thanks to those that sent their log files in, it revealed that they all seem to be crashing in the same area, so hopefully we can fix most of the problems in one go. The bad news is that we can't get enough information from the logs at the moment. However we are preparing a version for those that contacted us with more logging information so we can find a way to fix this problem. Thankyou for your continued patience. I will be in touch when we have something for you.

p00se2
07-08-2010, 12:44 PM
installed the game yesterday and played without interruption (no crashes no freezes )

after installing "moonbase alpha" today .. my pc starts to freeze after the loading screen of alien breed in single or multiplayer (tried all maps )

both games run on unreal engine 3..any connection there ? :confused:

wantonsoup
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
just curious if anyone having the problem where you cant get past the spalsh screen, do you also own unreal tournament 3? if so when launched does it give you the same kind of error as alien breed?

*EDIT*

i dont know what i have changed, but i reinstalled unreal tourn. 3, but when i ran the game it took a bit to boot into, now i run alien breed and it appears to work fine, dont know what changed / was updated on my pc but everythings working now

billt17
07-12-2010, 09:54 AM
This is most interesting. We wonder if for some reason when installing Alien Breed that physx didn't install correctly in these cases and reinstalling something like Unreal Tournament actually fixed the physx install.

wantonsoup
07-12-2010, 04:39 PM
bad news again, now that UT3 was installed, both games played well and good for that night, shut the pc down, wake up buy Singularity install play, now unreal or alien breed wont work, the game i installed and played was the only change to the pc since the night before, could a windows restart or that game installing changed something? i will try uninstalling unreal and install again and update you afterwards.

**edit**

let me know if theres any kind of log or anything i should submitt to you for a before install and after of unreal

billt17
07-14-2010, 01:33 AM
bad news again, now that UT3 was installed, both games played well and good for that night, shut the pc down, wake up buy Singularity install play, now unreal or alien breed wont work, the game i installed and played was the only change to the pc since the night before, could a windows restart or that game installing changed something? i will try uninstalling unreal and install again and update you afterwards.

**edit**

let me know if theres any kind of log or anything i should submitt to you for a before install and after of unreal

If you contacted us before with log files, you should have had an email telling you about a test build with more logging info.

ol_king_col
07-18-2010, 10:37 AM
If you contacted us before with log files, you should have had an email telling you about a test build with more logging info.

I sent in the log files as requested, and I haven't heard anything back?
Can you at least advise if there is going to be a fix?
Or, have I wasted my money?

wantonsoup
07-18-2010, 01:27 PM
same here, chalking this up as a loss of my money, oh well alien swarm is due out and i doubt i will want to pick this up after, much less help them figure out what the problem is anymore

billt17
07-19-2010, 02:12 AM
As of this morning we have had a few log files back, so I should be able to report back about the findings later today hopefully. Thanks for your help.

wantonsoup
07-22-2010, 04:54 PM
That's one long day...or 3

billt17
07-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Sorry about that. We have an update ready and we are testing it internally because it also has some improvements to the online matchmaking. Depending on how that goes, we should be able to roll it out sometime next week.

Iaspis
07-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Sorry about that. We have an update ready and we are testing it internally because it also has some improvements to the online matchmaking. Depending on how that goes, we should be able to roll it out sometime next week.

I can't wait to play co-op (finally!). By the way, have you fixed the communication bug I reported some time ago (talking about distorted Windows sounds)? Also, can you post a changelog?

amme
07-25-2010, 08:37 AM
im just interested, any one else who have the start-up problem has the Game "Lead and Gold - Gangs of the Wild West"?

I have the same problem as i have with Alien Breed, Game just dont starts.

It's now the second game and i wonder if these two games have somting, that goes in trouble with my Sys-Config!?

amme
07-25-2010, 10:07 AM
im just interested, any one else who have the start-up problem has the Game "Lead and Gold - Gangs of the Wild West"?

I have the same problem as i have with Alien Breed, Game just dont starts.

It's now the second game and i wonder if these two games have somting, that goes in trouble with my Sys-Config!?

finally fixed the Problem!!!

didnt notice that i had just the Microsoft Driver of WIN7 installed for my Audio Device... Downloaded the Soundmax Driver for my ADI High Definition Audio CODEC and now everything works.

so @ everyone who still have the problems to even launch the game try to install Sound-Driver may try differend ones.. i installed Soundmax v6.0 from 07/2009.

hope it helps u too

greez amme

billt17
07-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Nice find amme. I hope it fixes some others with problems too. Marking your rep up for that.

Sabrehawk
07-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Win 7 x64. Ultimate.

confirm fix:

Although my primary sound card is a Creative X-FI i had to update the drivers
for my secondary Sound Card to make the game start.

SoundMax Audio driver
SoundMAX2000B_Audio_V610X6585_Windows7

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/13748/

They are not restricted to the specific mainboard mentioned there.
(I have a ASUS STriker Extreme rev 1)

Dont forget to set your primary soundcard as standard after installing
the soundmax drivers again.

No chance of getting this to start properly instant apphang without the above
mentioned method.

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: AppHangB1
Anwendungsname: AlienBreed-Impact.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 4c07d459
Absturzsignatur: 0faa
Absturztyp: 0
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 1: 0faa4b4a37f0328098b938e8211f966c
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 2: b132
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 3: b1327764183fbad9c14140622af5e372
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 4: 0faa
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 5: 0faa4b4a37f0328098b938e8211f966c
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 6: b132
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 7: b1327764183fbad9c14140622af5e372

wantonsoup
07-26-2010, 02:09 PM
i would like to report that said sound drivers have fixed my problem as well, am able to play the game now

thanks for the find +rep for ya

Neon Kitten
08-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Okay, installed and tried out the demo and quickly decided to buy the game at 50% off :)

Steam had added two entries to my library - the demo and the full game, with the full game having a button for "Purchase". So I did. All seemed to go well; the "Demo" entry was automatically removed from my library.

Then I tried to run the full game, and got "this game is not available at the moment, please try again later". The Steam Achievements for the game weren't displaying either.

I rebooted and tried again; same result. So I did a "verify local files" in Steam, and it told me that 620-ish files were deemed "invalid and will be reacquired". The entire game is now downloading again. But at least the Achievements are now displaying :)

I'm guessing something's gone wrong with the unlock from demo to full game?

Blackbrute
08-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I get the cant find my docs error, however it already is the default location. I also have my windows save on the C partition, and my steam on a D partition. Any suggestions? And would the double partitions be a problem?

Bieeanda
08-04-2010, 12:49 AM
I've got what I think is an audio error, but I can't really be sure. Every so often I see the rotating 'loading' symbol pop up at the bottom of the screen, and hear your robot companion's voice for a split second, then it ends and I have no idea if I missed something important or not.

billt17
08-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Everything that's really important, information wise is always displayed in text, so don't worry you haven't missed anything important.

kingkev22
08-04-2010, 07:10 AM
had to disable crossfire for this game to load up, all i got was the 1st splash screen then blank black screen, disable crossfire in the ati control panel and now game loads and works

Agelessparasite
08-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Well hi everyone id like to say thank for the game its good fun but im Running ATI EAH4890 ASUS 1GIG GFX Card with Win 7 64bit 8GIG Kingston Ram on Asus M4A78 MB and im getting BSOD and have to reboot ofc but this is the only game in my collect that is causing this i run Battlefield Bad Company 2 MW 2 CSS and play them for hours on end with no problems.
Is there any solution coming out to Fix teh BSOD issues.

PS. Sound is working a treat..

gillesibub
08-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally, I just got the steam pop-up "Alien Breed:Impact is starting, etc..." for about 2 seconds, then it disappeared and that was it.

I re-installed, and now I get "Failed to find default engine.ini file to retrieve My Documents subdirectory to use. Force quitting."

I saw at the top of this thread that Bill clearly states that My Docs must be on the defualt windows path, at least until you've progressed far enough to save the game, but windows insists that My Docs is and always has been set to default.

Ideas, ladies and gentlemen?

DEATH xx PROOF
08-04-2010, 02:06 PM
I still cant get this game to start. I'm running Win7, i've updated to the latest drivers on EVERYTHING. I have a bunch of other new games installed through steam and I haven't had a problem with any of them. I've already emailed my system specs and debug info.

A refund would be nice.

sereaI
08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
hey,

while playing the game i noticed the following things.

crash:
- while having the steam browser (probaly the entire Steam overlay interface open)
-- click coop mp -> quick match -> searching -> connecting.
the game crashes if the steamoverlay (=like browser) is opened when the "session no longer available message appears. if Steamoverlay is closed before the message appears everything is fine.

minor things
- Cant' proceed to the main menu
-- Once you've clicked on "Coop assault -> create server", click "back" to drop out of your lobby.. press ESC till you only have the "Continue" button on the screen (this is the first screen you see when launching the game.. the one before the main menu) for some reason this "continue" button does not work anymore.. so you are stuck on this menu only having a non clickable "continue" button. (might be reproduceable not only via the "create server methode")
- trying to pick up ammo when that specific gun has full ammo renders this ammo unit unpickupable. (=even if you've used or sold that ammo type and thus should have space again)

annoying:
- no written chat at all? (or am i just to stupid to find the proper key?) ;)
- no indication if voice is transmited / Push-to-talk is triggered. (basically i jabbered ahead without knowing if the other player even heard me.. but his actions made me believe he did.. though a confirmation might be nice)
- 1 Screen for 2 Players. Might be retro... but hell it's annoying!
- can't change map in a lobby?
- can't change difficult in lobby? (default = hardest? or are they just stronger because you are supposed to have guns *2?)
- knocking aliens back when it takes them a quarter second to get back to you? (yes even with the "bionic arm" ;))
- ppl you played with aren't displayed in the "add friends -> people i've recently played with.." dialogue box in steam

unreproducable
- game runs fine for 1.5 maps of coop (~1hour) then all of sudden, screen freeze, sound stuttering. 8secs later my monitor switched off.. couldnt do anything anymore.. apart from hard reset. Windows Event log is empty so not really an idea what might have caused it. might have been the driver.. no idea. havent had anything like this ever before.

suade907
08-04-2010, 06:32 PM
There seems to be quite a few having problems starting the game.

So, to track down issues with the game failing to start, please follow the instructions below. I know it's a bit convoluted but it should help us. Note that this is ONLY useful if you can’t get as far as the main menu, any issues you encounter once the game has launched will not be logged here.

1) Download “DebugView” from here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx

2) Decompress the ZIP file, and run the “Dbgview.exe” program BEFORE launching Alien Breed

3) Launch Alien Breed

4) After the game has failed to launch, select File->Save from the DebugView menu, and save the file to your hard drive.

5) Click on your start-button and select “run”, then in the window that pops up, type “dxdiag” (without the quotes) and press return. This runs the DirectX diagnostics tool

6) Click on the “Save All Information...” button, and save the results file to your harddrive

7) Attach the files you saved above in (4) and (6) to an email and send it to pr@team17.com and then we can tell where things are going wrong.

My game will not launch at all. If i run it, it says preparing to launch and then nothing. I have sent you guys the dxdiag and debug files. Please send me a fix asap. My laptop is 100% up to date.

onisciente
08-04-2010, 10:59 PM
My game will not launch at all. If i run it, it says preparing to launch and then nothing. I have sent you guys the dxdiag and debug files. Please send me a fix asap. My laptop is 100% up to date.

Try check integrity of game cache. I also could not start the game. Gave fatal error in Windows. I checked the integrity of files, 3 files were missing, has been updated and... OK! :D

Souldream
08-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Try check integrity of game cache. I also could not start the game. Gave fatal error in Windows. I checked the integrity of files, 3 files were missing, has been updated and... OK! :D

This helped me alot whit the problem i got!
Thx mate :D +rep for you

Valcav
08-07-2010, 06:47 PM
I've got another strange one...

* Little about the problem:
In single player I can turn around.
In co-op I can't turn. everything else I can do, but always pointing at the same direction.

* Maybe little help-full info:
I customised almost all control-settings (because I'm just used to use other keys to move etc.)
* This is also a little problem I think:
Also I've enabled the "Mouse rotate". but isn't working neither in single player as in co-op game...

Anyone else having some problems like this?

friiahn
08-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Just wanted to drop some info here for anyone still experiencing the "crash on startup" issue, even though all your files validate. I'd like to thank Team 17 in general and Mark Baldwin in particular for being extremely helpful in finding the problem from my log files as well as fast replies to all my emails. I really felt my problem was important to them. A lot of people, myself included, find it very easy to gripe about companies online when something goes wrong. That makes it even more vital to share when a company does something very right. Cheers, Team 17.

Anyway, they narrowed the problem down specifically to my PhysX install, which also initially checked out as fine but was clearly the culprit in the end. For posterity what worked for me was:

1. Use PhysX 9.10.0224's uninstaller
2. Use Driver Sweeper to clean out some lingering dlls
3. Install PhysX 9.09.0428 that was bundled with my current video drivers

At this point the game works again, but you can also,
4. Install 9.10.0224 now for compatibility with newer games

Whether all this extra faffing about is necessary may depend on your machine, but this exact process worked for me.

suade907
08-12-2010, 09:00 AM

Yeah i did this and all the files were there with no problems. I'm still having issues. Thanks though.

I've also e-mailed pr@team17.com with my dxdiag and debug info and have yet to hear back from them. It's been about a week now. I sure wish they'd give me the same support the guy above me got.

freibooter
08-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Teamchat (i.e. typing, not voice-chat) appears to be completely broken in co-op. Once can type messages (via "Y" or "Z" depending on keyboard layout) but they are never seen by anyone ... which pretty much defeats the point. Having to type through steam overlay is hardly optimal.
Being able to type messages in the lobby would also be very, very welcome.

It's really about time that Aline Breed gets the much needed update.

RockyMM303
08-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Teamchat (i.e. typing, not voice-chat) appears to be completely broken in co-op. Once can type messages (via "Y" or "Z" depending on keyboard layout) but they are never seen by anyone ... which pretty much defeats the point. Having to type through steam overlay is hardly optimal.
Being able to type messages in the lobby would also be very, very welcome.

It's really about time that Aline Breed gets the much needed update.I can atest that that chat is broken :(

Another thing I think is a bug is a situation where my friend made a coopgame - he started it - and then we chatted for about an half an hour. Then I started the game and tried to find a coop game and there was not any multiplayer games. I tried few times, but to no avail. So he made coop game once again and there he was.

Also, I would like to suggest hardcore mode, not unlike hardcore mode from Diablo II. When you die you stay dead, but you level quicker and have better stats than in "vanilla" game.

bilt, are you reading this?

Sand
08-28-2010, 04:42 PM
It may be you have corrupt files. I was unable to play/install this game and had planned to reinstall my os anyway. did that, installed relevant updates and drivers, downloaded the game from steam, US-Washington-DC the server I used both times. exactly the same results. so opened library right clicked alien breed selected properties. clicked local files then selected verify integrity of game cache. it finds 5 files, fix it after that install went forward, installed the redists and directx(really checked versions) and all was well. Interesting game :)

bz2uh
08-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Managed to get installed and working, but when I access the PDA and logs, there is no text, there is no map and generally it's useless. It seems to work, there's just nothing in it!!

Froshbyte
09-23-2010, 11:09 AM
I get to this one cetain way to go and i get stuck in the same spot every time i load my game and get to that certain spot i get stuck and can't move.Anyone else having this problem? In alien breed 2.

Ryuubei
09-26-2010, 01:56 PM
This hasn't been mentioned as far as i can see (and nothing showed up on the search function).

Remapping any of the keyboard controls will cause the game to crash, no warnning, no beeping, nothing. It just dies. To get it to work again you need to remap it to default, then all works fine and dandy. Shame really, since i have to remap the keys due to physical disability, i was really looking forward to owning these games (this effects both AB games) so unless it's fixed in a patch i wont be :(

ARUG
09-26-2010, 03:37 PM
to be sure by remap you mean assign the default keys to new ones? because i have had no problems with that at all. try updating your kb driver maybe.

Ryuubei
09-26-2010, 05:12 PM
It's got nothing to do with drivers (though i do have the latest). We've tried it on 9 different computers now and they all work fine until you changed the keys. As soon as we changed the keys the games crashed.

harden1986
09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
I've got issues with opening the game, tried all the fixes on the forum. Still no sucess, had a ticket open with steam over 24hrs with no reply. I've emailed two addresses at team 17 - no reply.

Wheres my money? I have a broken product and apparently nobody is in at the shop for me to return it.

Is anybody at Steam or Team17 going to help???

ARUG
09-28-2010, 04:18 PM
it may take a while for steam support to reply, they will be lookin at the issue and trying to find a fix which will take time.
they gave me a lot of help with another game, took some time to fix but in the end they found one.

Ryuubei
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
The jey remapping a mention a few posts ago has been resolved, here's what they (Team17) said:

Just to let you know, we have fixed the crash in remapping the keys and we should be doing a patch soon. It looks like it was just the arrow keys causing the problems.

So just have to wait for the patch. Hope they patch the original game as well, since that has the same problem

ARUG
09-29-2010, 02:29 PM
they already have a patch ready for impact apart from some final testing i believe.

Apathy Corps
09-29-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm having a problem right before getting to the core in the escort part. The first time around, I got to the core just fine, but I died inside. I load the game, I go to move into the next room and I notice that Mia is not moving anymore. I've tried reloading the game and whatnot, to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

tomsen
09-30-2010, 11:26 AM
@Apathy Corps
A picture of that situation would be helpful, because i don't know exactly where you and Mia is standing. So make a screenshot, upload it and post it here if that's no problem for you.

GileZ
09-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi, I'm having similar problems to some of the other guys, i get the splash screen then the application window opens in full screen mode but everything is black, after about 15 seconds i get a windows error saying the program has stopped working and have to close the program. From the error, it looks like there is a problem with one of the dll files, but i tried a new version of the dll and still get the same message.

I did play it once on SP but the game froze and i had to end it from within Windows. I've tried validating the files and reinstalling but get exactly the same problem. I've reinstalled physx and nvidia drivers, C++ redist, and UE3. Running Windows 7 x64.

Hope you guys can help!

Ben

Sorry, forgot to include the error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AlienBreed2Assault.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4c979614
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.4926
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a1743c1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003ab1a
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 4091
Additional Information 2: 40915f566316dcf8c529de244605123e
Additional Information 3: 74e9
Additional Information 4: 74e97d40a5ef96d1142a036c376b3a88

Apathy Corps
09-30-2010, 10:28 PM
@Apathy Corps
A picture of that situation would be helpful, because i don't know exactly where you and Mia is standing. So make a screenshot, upload it and post it here if that's no problem for you.

Not a problem. Here you are: http://imgur.com/xCjgM.jpg

Boller_brus
10-01-2010, 02:00 AM
I'm having a problem right before getting to the core in the escort part. The first time around, I got to the core just fine, but I died inside. I load the game, I go to move into the next room and I notice that Mia is not moving anymore. I've tried reloading the game and whatnot, to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

I had the exact same problem yesterday, i fixed it by loading the autosave witch should be right before the elevator. Couldnt get the other save to work, with Mia refusing to move, even if i shoot her, tossed nades at her or stunned her. Nothing budges that lady :)

tomsen
10-01-2010, 04:28 AM
@Apathy Corps
I think you have to load the autosave file or the worst case, a new level start!

Apathy Corps
10-03-2010, 12:24 AM
@Boller_brus, tomsen

Thanks guys, that fixed the problem.

Homemaster
11-09-2010, 03:28 AM
I had the exact same issue as Apathy, I saved as Mia went to open the door and then she got stuck. Where can I find my autosaves? And if that doesn't work, what level is that called? Do I have to start the whole story mode from the beginning?

slider15
11-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Hopefully someone can figure out my problem. I can't get Alienbreec:Impact to launch. I click launch from the library list and it doesn't even seem to attempt to load.
I am running vista 32
HD 3650m Radeon
4 GB Ram
Intel core duo 2 2.2 GHz

here is the error code

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AlienBreed-Impact.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4c45da6d
Fault Module Name: AlienBreed-Impact.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c45da6d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0023fdc6
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 6138
Additional Information 2: 2154eb7b4cf01c75b67e17c1cd2e9703
Additional Information 3: e22a
Additional Information 4: b2b7ab9851fd6f31b429a39256f8848a

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

I have validated 3 times reinstalled so many I lost count and everything says its ok. I am at a loss.

Bothman
11-13-2010, 09:29 PM

I'm having a similar issue:
In the level where you have to escort Mia, came to a hallway where she has to open the gate facing the core. But she "teleports" mysteriously across the door and stands still. The main character is trapped in the hallway unable to cross the other side.
This bug happens even when running the latest update (I have no idea if it happened before, since it is the first time I came so far in the game)

Note: Not fixed by reloading the level or any saved game.

Sorry if my English is not good enough. Thanks!

Bothman
11-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Well ... was corrected starting a new game. No matter.

Redboy
11-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Hi

AB 3 2.0

Weird problems with Xbox Controller and "exit" from Logs.

After reading logs in the game then press button B ( for exit ) on xbox controller to cause freeze it been like this 3 times already :/

So I avoid press button B instead press "Back" on the screen to exit back to the game.

teak
01-04-2011, 06:31 AM
i have exactly the same problem like Bothman.

mia teleported through the core-door and i stay outside of the core-room, unable to enter that room.
the door is red and triggers "access denied"-messages.

i don't want to replay the whole level.
what to do?

Wargod
07-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Hopefully someone can figure out my problem. I can't get Alienbreed:Impact to launch. I click launch from the library list and it doesn't even seem to attempt to load.

Got the exact same problem with all 3 Alienbreed games.

I try to start them (through steam, or directly the .exe) and nothing happens.

The .exe shows up in the taskmanager for a few seconds and then disappears again without any error code.

I am running Windows 7 64
Radeon HD 5870
6 GB Ram
Intel i7 930
with all latest drivers.

I tried reinstalling, verifying, defragin, running im compatibility mode, deactivating kaspersky etc. etc. - nothing helped.

Any ideas?

edit:
did some more testing and the problem occours with ALOT of games using the Unreal Engine 3 (namely Alienbreed game, Unreal Tournament 3, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Mirrors Edge) ... any ideas how to get UE3 running on a W7 64bit machine with an ATI card?

And strangest thing ... some other UE3 games are workin just fine (Homefront, Borderlands, Mass Effect 1&2)

Wargod
07-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Sorry for the second post right away, but i found a solution for my problem:

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 caused the problem!

Simply disabling it didn't help! You need to remove it completely or even better(what i did) move on to KIS 2012.

Just go to the Kaspersky page and download the latest KIS2012 version.
Don't worry your license will work if you have KIS 2011, 2010 or even 2009 right now.

After i upgraded to 2012 the games are working fine.

Niesrind
07-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Impact crashes:

What I do:
Start a single player game, not "Story". I select the prelude chapter, everything's still fine here.

Game starts, I move around, go to the next room, shoot the red barrel; explosion; I move around a bit, and then, suddenly:

My PC is off.

It didn't shut down or crashed, it went off in a second.

Maybe the problem is time-based because before, it went off in the menu when I didn't move at all, because I had to do some settings stuff. The estimated timespan spent in the level could have been the same.

Win Vista 64 Home sp2
ati radeon 4870 hd
athlon 6400+ (3.2GHz)
4 GB RAM

aquamaniac
07-03-2011, 07:58 AM

Simply disabling it didn't help! You need to remove it completely or even better(what i did) move on to KIS 2012.

Don't worry your license will work if you have KIS 2011, 2010 or even 2009 right now.

Thanks man, it worked!

SP175
07-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I have a problem whereby the game will work fine for an amount of time, then I start to get stuttering sound and jerky framerates, eventually this culminates in the game locking up.

I noticed that when this starts to happen, one of my cores is maxed at 100%. As soon as the game is killed (if you are able to quit or kill the task), the system returns to normal. This is on a W7 Professional 64-bit install, with an NVidia GT580, 24GB ram and an Intel 980X on a Rampage III Extreme board.

No other UT3 based game I have exhibits this problem.

t04glovern
07-03-2011, 09:28 PM

WOW I actually can't believe that worked :) thanks for the head up mate :D

Wargod
07-05-2011, 07:39 AM
you're welcome! :D

Glad i found the problem. ;)

Zinnober
07-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I can't switch to 2012 cause there isn't a CBE version of 2012.. :(
Isn't there any other way????

Unfa
07-06-2011, 06:49 PM
About 10 minutes into any game, my screen will just go black. I've tried updating my video drivers, my monitor drivers, setting the power management for my monitor to "never".

At this point, I've even downclocked my GeForce 8800 GT by 15% and still no luck. My PC has 2 GB of DDR2 RAM in dual channel and a 1.8 GHz dual-core CPU.

Wat do?

sosa
07-10-2011, 07:31 AM
I have already posted about this a couple of times, I think I should post it here too.

If you have Windows 7 and you're having sound problems with the Windows system sounds (very low volume) after playing or just trying to play co-op, it's NOT a sound bug. It's because of an option in Control Panel - Sound - Manage Audio Devices - Communications tab, that by default "reduces sound volume by 80%" when Windows detects communications activity. Turn this to "Do Nothing" and sounds get back to normal.

The problem is that the game "tries to communicate" with something, even after you exit it completely, and Windows detects that.

thx i got sound now :)

Goenitz
07-20-2011, 12:54 PM
I just had a REALLY annoying bug / lag related issue. I was playing AB Impact co-op with a friend from another country, with a manageable amount of lag.
When we were about 75% done with the level, we had a lag spike in the middle of a fight, but we managed to wait it out without dying (we were going for the No-death coop achievement).

Then, my friend tries to loot a corpse and gets stuck. Could do anything but move. He stil could rotate, shoot, use items but he was frozen in place.

Making him die didn't fix it, as he reappeared in the same spot and still was unable to move.

Zinnober
08-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I can't switch to 2012 cause there isn't a CBE version of 2012.. :(
Isn't there any other way????

Yes ! THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR KASP 2011...

http://www.funkiller.org/forum/?action=showthread&id=2611

These guys get another version of the "sbhook.dll" from Kasp Devs.. and "MAGIC" all UT3 games with this error (UT3 itself and here Alien Breed) are working just fine with this file.

TheWhiteRaven
08-30-2011, 01:25 PM
First up, my setup:

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz
4.00 GB RAM
nVidia GTX 275

All video/graphics drivers up to date.

First problem, I sense that items & weapons are meant to have descriptions in the Log feature. However, no text ever appears. Likewise, I am never able to read any Logs that I pickup/collect. Likewise-likewise, I cannot see the map in the Log feature.

Next problem is achievement related. Unlike the usual scenario, where someone has met the required criteria, yet doesn't receive the achievement, my issue is the exact opposite. In AB1:I, I have Time to Party ("Complete 3 Co-op Assault multiplayer games"), yet I have never stepped into Co-op - I've only ever done the standalone game. Same in AB2:A - I have Time to Party ("Complete 3 Co-op Assault multiplayer games"), yet only played the standalone game.

ARUG
08-30-2011, 03:34 PM
the text problem is caused by using v sync option i think, its either that or one of the other graphic settings. turn it off and the text should appear.

wxenomorph
08-31-2011, 03:25 AM
Hi!

question:

What happens if the turret brakes at the end of the 2nd game? It likes to brake on elite difficulty and then i just fight till drown. Is there any non-turret solution?

bugs:

Impact:
Logs not remain read after reload or level change. All starts with red color on any of this occasions.

Assault:
When you are near the exit of the sewers that lead to a room where you have to destroy 4 turrets (1 already down) and where the 1st rocket launcher is, there is a wall at the sewer corner where you can walk into and stuck forever.

Descent:
After you beat the boss for the 1st time on the last level, to the left is the secret item on a platform. Sometimes Conrad can fall through the elevator's floor after switched and than he remains in the hole under the elevator. Even better you can walk into the wall there and stuck forever.
Some of the level names (mostly the multiplayer levels) on the leaderboard screen are totally messed up.

goodone
09-21-2011, 08:47 AM
if u know ur comp configuration is functional and the game should work just fine, but u still get issues starting levels or the game, there r some possible solutions:

1. every [re]install of the game, or its dependencies [directx, unreal engine, physx] should be accompanied with a system restart,
2. if u [re]install the game or unreal engine dependency, and u use geforce with nvidia drivers, reinstall ur graphic drivers [with a restart ofc],
3. if u [re]install the game or unreal engine dependency, also reinstall ur directx, using the newest version [with a restart ofc],
4. if u have played some other game in unreal or some other common engine [source], do a system restart too.

why is this necessary? well... game depends on unreal engine 3. so it installs it. it also depends on directx. so, it installs that too [some old version]. now, unreal engine uses physx, so it installs it. and physx is used in many games and in nvidia drivers, so u may already have some version installed, which only complicates things. also, u may have newer directx installed before, but game installs its own, as does unreal engine.

imagine so many installs one over another... not a good thing. so, ur best bet is to always put newest directx on top of that, and physx if u r nvidia fan [i'm not]. also, all that should be accompanied with restart.

i know it should detect and not install over newer version, and in many cases it does work... but usually it doesn't and u get a mixed combination of old libraries and new ones, which results in complete inoperability.

i hope i have helped somebody.

AB_Attack
01-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I want to use a controller with this game and with the right analog stick it registers the reverse movement. If i pull up, the dude turns down, if I turn left he turns right.

The controller works fine when running it with the control panel calibration for game controllers. So nothing wrong with the controller.

It is not possible to customize this in-game to get it right.

:(

OptimusHun
01-20-2012, 01:11 PM
I just beat the game on Elite, usually I play every game at the hardest difficulty to extend the game length. But just I read on this forum many people won't get the achievement.
When I finished the game the achievement poped-up for bea the campaign and beat it on Elite. I also can see at my games list, but if I check on the Community page or compare to global I can't. I tried to restart Steam, no use. Maybe I try beat the end again or the whole game.

A screencap, I can see the achievement here (http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac141/TheFreeMan85/ee59aed8.jpg)

Cowwie
01-24-2012, 03:06 AM
I want to use a controller with this game and with the right analog stick it registers the reverse movement. If i pull up, the dude turns down, if I turn left he turns right.

The controller works fine when running it with the control panel calibration for game controllers. So nothing wrong with the controller.

It is not possible to customize this in-game to get it right.

:(

I had the same problem with one of my 3 joypads luckly my Logitech and 360 controller worked fine.

You could possibly use 3rd party software such as xpadder or Pinnacle Game Profiler to reconfigure your right analog stick i think both of them allow you to trial them.

The game plays way better with a joypad imo.

Kamill
02-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Unreal Engine 3 Installation/Uninstallation - Error 1605

Solution: Win Vista/7

Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR NAME]\Application Data\InstallShield Installation Information" and look to see if you have the following directory, {BFA90209-7AFF-4DB6-8E4B-E57305751AD7}. Deleted the directory.

OR

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\InstallShield Installation Information

And you need to be able to view Hidden Folders.

Look for anything what is similar to UE3 engine installation files. Delete them and now you will be able to install UE3redist.exe (Unreal Engine 3) again after installation Alien Breed Series game.

nooby-one
02-04-2012, 04:32 PM
hi,
in Alien Breed 2: Assault,
in stage 3, when the "woman" unlock a serie of doors, the last one don't open. when the woman try to pass the door, she teleports and stay on the platform without mooving anymore, while the player is stucked.

someone made a video of this bug (it's better than my bad english):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9npSDXVyQ0

Kamill
02-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Alien Breed 2: Assault - achievement BUG
Hi.

"Cash is King" achievement
Whats wrong with that achievement?
I beat that game on any difficulty lvl and never pop out.

And just start again on Rookie finished second lvl with 27140 cash.. and is stil nothing??

And i have similar problem with "War of Attrition" Achivement.
Killed everything on the lvl's and nothing??

Please Help.

--

OK. I found solution. Kind of.
And explanation of this.

!! Do not install and play this game on two different computers with one STEAM account. !!

I discovered this today.. Some of achievements i get on my PC, but later when I'm far from my PC I use a laptop.. and Today I unlock this achievement on laptop.. I don't now why.. and how it possible?? I try get it on PC and many times I get more than 20000. On laptop I just start new game and after crossing 20000$ achievement just blink on my screen. Whoa..

Now probably I need to finished that game on laptop to get rest of achievements.

WonderGamer
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
So I got an interesting issue. Trying to run Alien Breed & keep getting the "Steam must be running to play this game" error. The thing is, Steam is already running. My system specs can be found here:

http://www.xfire.com/profile/wondergamer1978/#game_rig

guanthwei
06-02-2012, 10:26 PM
So I got an interesting issue. Trying to run Alien Breed & keep getting the "Steam must be running to play this game" error. The thing is, Steam is already running. My system specs can be found here:

http://www.xfire.com/profile/wondergamer1978/#game_rig

Same across all 3 games for me.

hobbint
06-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Don't know if this bug has been reported already and couldn't be bothered with checking entire thread, sry.. :(

***SPOILER ALERT!!!***

I ran into an invisible wall in the level where you have to outrun the big monster. Right after the monster is electrocuted to death, there was an invisible and impassable barrier at this spot (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021387979/screenshot/595846361508544713) in the corridor.

I had to actually walk through the electric field to continue. Ouch.
I exited to Windows and reloaded - the problem was gone, no barrier.
***END SPOILER***

Reignfire82
10-07-2012, 02:45 PM
There's a glitch that happened to me in both of my playthroughs of AB2. At the beginning of level 3 you have 60 seconds to activate a second computer after activating the first. When I died during the attempt, reloaded from the autosave at the beginning of the hallway and then succeeded, Mia would be standing by the elevator door. The problem is that she shouldn't be there since we got separated. The first time this happened, I continued the game anyway. When I finished the level, the stats were glitched (all the numbers were '$' I think).

The easy fix for this was to start the level over and not die, then she wasn't by the door and the stats were fine. I just wanted to mentioned it.

MudPupp
02-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Does anyone have any input on how to fix the following issue?

I have no problem with the game running, but I have NO in-game text in the PDA (weapon/item descriptions, logs, etc) OR PDA map graphics.

I've had the game for awhile now and it USED TO work fine, but I set it aside for a few months and just decided to try it out again recently and now this odd problem.

I saw a similar problem posted somewhere else in here, but there wasn't a solid answer that I could find.

Any help would be much appreciated, folks. Thanks in advance.

Fatman_UK
09-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Unlike the usual scenario, where someone has met the required criteria, yet doesn't receive the achievement, my issue is the exact opposite. In AB1:I, I have Time to Party ("Complete 3 Co-op Assault multiplayer games"), yet I have never stepped into Co-op - I've only ever done the standalone game.

1. I have exactly this issue. Is there a fix?

2. The Moss beast is graphically corrupt:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179095632

It's actually quite hard to defeat him when you can't see where he's gone because of graphical corruption. Everything else is fine, it's just this one monster.

I have verified the game cache, it's "100%".

3. Level design issue. It's actually possible to walk straight across the Moss chamber and into the exit elevator. Then the elevator locks and you're stuck. I don't have a screenshot, I was only stupid enough to do it once.

4. Every reload, the PDA logs go red, regardless of whether I've actually read them or not.

Hope you're still reading this thread and interested in fixing these bugs, Team 17.

adamtyson1
01-02-2014, 01:00 PM
I recently picked up the Alien Breed trilogy however I'm having a serious problem with lag/screen freeze which starts on the opening cut scene on all three games. I updated my graphic driver to the latest available it solved the problem until I closed Steam down opened it up again and the problem was back. My computer easily meets all requirements for the games. I've also verified the integrity of the game cache and re-downloaded the games which didn't solve the issue either.

Please let me know if you can help.