PDA

View Full Version : MOH info.. why is it so hard to find?

Optional
06-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Seriously, what the hell. I google it, all I find are the blurbs that explain what the game is, or some 10 year old crappy looking game. FInding info on this game is nigh impossible.

All I want to know is

Map sizes
Server player limits 32? 64(hopefully)?
Vehicles
Destructible environments

BagNasty
06-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Because they haven't discussed it.

the destruction in the game is entirely trivial it's nothing like BFBC2. It's used entirely for eye candy rather than something that affects gameplay.

emp
06-16-2010, 11:34 AM
-Servers will be up to 24 players.
-Very little/no vehicles depending on the map.
-Less destruction than BC2.
-Map size will be dependant on gamemode, but should be smaller than BC2, since transportation is mainly on foot.

It seems to me you happen to think that MOH=BF3. Expect MOH to be the opposite, a mostly infantry-driven game between insurgents and army rangers. (i.e. Guerrilla tactics instead of huge scale all-out warfare)

two2litres
06-16-2010, 11:38 AM
The destruction is basically just bits of wood on the ground and glass, entirely cosmetic - it's painful watching a mortor strike and seeing it do nothing but darken the ground a bit.

From the 11 minute multiplayer video, it looks exactly like COD. Player limit is 24, from what i've read, and there are vehicles.

In my opinion, from what i have seen and read, don't bother getting it, especially if you have BC2 already.

BagNasty
06-16-2010, 11:46 AM
The destruction is basically just bits of wood on the ground and glass, entirely cosmetic - it's painful watching a mortor strike and seeing it do nothing but darken the ground a bit.

From the 11 minute multiplayer video, it looks exactly like COD. Player limit is 24, from what i've read, and there are vehicles.

In my opinion, from what i have seen and read, don't bother getting it, especially if you have BC2 already.

Well one HUGE plus MoH has over BFBC2 right now is no medic spam. Would BFBC2 be immensely better if revives were removed entirely from the game as it is right now? Yes.

It still has the hit reg and ghosting issues but no revive shenanigans is certainly a step in the right direction.

Optional
06-16-2010, 11:50 AM
I mean tactical destruction is cool and all, but guerrilla warfare with some buddies without fail COD twitch shooting sounds fun. Hopefully there are bullet physics =\

two2litres
06-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Well one HUGE plus MoH has over BFBC2 right now is no medic spam. Would BFBC2 be immensely better if revives were removed entirely from the game as it is right now? Yes.

It still has the hit reg and ghosting issues but no revive shenanigans is certainly a step in the right direction.

Not worth another $70 tho.

emp
06-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Not worth another $70 tho.

Don't buy it then.

I, for one, am taking it slow and easy. Letting them reveal to me the game and all the features and then make my final decision. So far, I feel like I'll buy the game, but not until a little more is revealed. (namely a round-based no-respawn mode akin to Counter Strike. That would lock my purchase)

two2litres
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Don't buy it then.

I, for one, am taking it slow and easy. Letting them reveal to me the game and all the features and then make my final decision. So far, I feel like I'll buy the game, but not until a little more is revealed. (namely a round-based no-respawn mode akin to Counter Strike. That would lock my purchase)

I never said i was going to?

But curiously, you would spend another $70 on a new game mode that amounts to nothing more than a few server side commands?

MoH was made for people like you..

emp
06-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I never said i was going to?

But curiously, you would spend another $70 on a new game mode that amounts to nothing more than a few server side commands?

MoH was made for people like you..

Nothing else interests me this year and I value my entertainment over my money. Brink has been delayed, RO:HOS has no set release date. I play games to have fun, not to save money.

two2litres
06-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Nothing else interests me this year and I value my entertainment over my money. Brink has been delayed, RO:HOS has no set release date. I play games to have fun, not to save money.

You can try to do both you know.

RO:HOS looks good, i loved the first.

andyman614
06-16-2010, 12:13 PM
@OP: Because it doesn't come out for another four months and the damn beta isn't even out yet. Do you really expect a lot of details released to the public? As the second poster said, 24 players, there will be vehicles, and there will be destruction at a lesser amount than BC2.

@people saying stuff about hitreg:
Actually, an article I read from play testers posted on the Steam forums somewhere said it has a lot better hit detection. If you shoot somebody in the leg it will work, but you can miss if you shoot between the legs, etc.

emp
06-16-2010, 12:16 PM
You can try to do both you know.

RO:HOS looks good, i loved the first.

Will do, if it comes out this year. I rather have Tripwire focus on quality than trying to rush anything.