PDA

View Full Version : This is why MoH MP won't be better then BC2 (real facts no childish BS)

BugOfen_
06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
So,
This Topic is like a Test for me, (To see if I will be right or not)
After School I wan't to work with or for PC-Games so you can trust me if I say, I know a lot about the technics and so on. (blablabla)

Back to Topic:
We know MoH:MP is developed by Dice,
I like Dice and I don't want to talk them down but:
We all know Dice's coding is special.
Their engines and their coding fit to their games but not to MoH.
Why?
MoH:MP is a close-range game and Dice's coding never worked very well in close range.
I don't say it's bad but it never felt real. (only close range. Mid/long-range were always very good!)
Take a look at the Battlefield series.
mid - longrange combat works well and feels good while closerange combat always felt kinda "wobbly", The Movementcoding, The hitboxes.

I could be wrong if the Maps in MoH:MP won't be complex but what I saw in the Videos was a smaller sized map.

Edit: Battlefield forums: I love bc2, even with it's failures it's an awesome game (My MP-Game of the Year)

Beezy
06-16-2010, 01:34 PM
You should play more SDM.

Close range action makes BC2 fun.

For me anyway.

Twombly
06-16-2010, 01:36 PM
I loved my shotgun in 2142, don't know what you're talking about.

Ciaos
06-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Close range is great. Giess you've never ran around in Squad DM on Isla Inocentes with Saiga + Extended Mags.

SpunkyKuma
06-16-2010, 01:37 PM
The Saiga, USAS12, 870 and the AKS74U says otherwise, they're nasty close range weapons. There's also a few other good weapons that I left out.

BugOfen_
06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't say Close range is bad.
I just say I doesn't feel right.

In BC2 The houses are not complex, but imagine a house with many corners and things. That won't work with the Frostbite engine..

I really hope I'm wrong and Dice improve the Coding for Close Range, but honestly I don't think this will happen.

watchmedie
06-16-2010, 01:42 PM
You should play more SDM.

Close range action makes BC2 fun.

For me anyway.

Yeah SDM in bc2 is awesome.

IR Baboon
06-16-2010, 01:42 PM
The Saiga, USAS12, 870 and the AKS74U says otherwise, they're nasty close range weapons. There's also a few other good weapons that I left out.

Close range as in a few feet of you yes, assuming the hit registers fine. But Nose to nose the game acts really strangely when fighting off an enemy (Made a lot more noticeable since a lot of people don't try to knife anymore).

Steeljubei
06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
i like cheese. Esp. when its close range.