PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else disappointed that..

TMinus36
06-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I thought there seemed to be a little too much complaining about the wait on the release of the early access beta, among other things. I figured I would lighten up the place with a semi-serious question.

Anyone else disappointed that you can't adjust the length of your beard based on your experience level? Kind of like an rpg element, as you would with customizing your gear? I mean, you start off as a US Army ranger and have to "earn" the beard. It should only seem right that the length of the beard could represent the amount of experience you have in the field as a Tier 1 operator, right?

I mean the longer you spend out on the field running missions ops, away from civilization, the longer your beard would get!

I'm just curious if anyone else thought that way. Apparently, there was "some" commotion during E3 about earning a beard in general. At least from articles I've read and a few podcast I listened to. So I thought I'd toss this one out to you steam folk, while we waited on our beta to pop up for download. :)

Phraggd
06-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Nope.

Cyrax_x
06-17-2010, 01:56 PM
beards are lame and ugly. (unless you are insurgent)

thats all, thank you.

blacklabel67k
06-17-2010, 01:57 PM
beards are lame and ugly. (unless you are insurgent)

thats all, thank you.

What do you care? Do you like men or something?

rip3rs
06-17-2010, 01:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH
that was cool :D

doslucky
06-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Are you sure this is a serious question? Lulz.

Hatefullmuffin
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Why would you incorporate this into a game in the first place?

doslucky
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Also, what would be the maximum length for a beard? Would it go down to your knees or ???

At The Gates
06-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Are you sure this is a serious question? Lulz.

No such thing as seriousness on the interwebz.

At The Gates
06-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Also, what would be the maximum length for a beard? Would it go down to your knees or ???

http://static2.videogamer.com/videogamer/images/pub/large/medal_of_honor.jpg

doslucky
06-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Color choices for your beard?

TMinus36
06-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Well, like I said it is semi-serious. I was trying to put a smile on some faces while we cringe at our beta not being up to download. I was hoping for 12:01am, myself.

And hey, I didn't add the concept to the game. If you watch some of the interviews with the people from EA, they are proud about the concept of receiving a beard when moving from US Ranger -> Tier 1 operator. I'm just discussing the idea. :)

TheRagingBull
06-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Knowing EA, beards will be in the first month's DLC package priced at $5.99. ;)

BaciIIi
06-17-2010, 02:07 PM
DLC I reckon we will see with customizations in the future. In the menu screen there's an option to customize your player which makes me even more eager to get this up and running.

Ahhh, how satisfying it will be when someone here posts a thread:

STEAM MOH LIVE!

Rather than the second post saying, FARK OFF U DOPE TROLL. It will say, Confirmed!
Any minute now fellas.

TMinus36
06-17-2010, 02:20 PM
DLC I reckon we will see with customizations in the future. In the menu screen there's an option to customize your player which makes me even more eager to get this up and running.

Ahhh, how satisfying it will be when someone here posts a thread:

STEAM MOH LIVE!

Rather than the second post saying, FARK OFF U DOPE TROLL. It will say, Confirmed!
Any minute now fellas.

I wasn't aware that there was going to be any type of character customization. Only weapon loadout customizations. I wonder how I missed that!