PDA

View Full Version : way to many CTD's

Spykirby
06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
for some reason i have so many problems playing this game. Steam tells me i played it like 37minutes (and probably 5 of em just trying to figure out my EA account name) and I already had 4 CTD's. Beside BC2 I really can't remember having any CTD's at any of my other games O-o. Verified game files all seems to be fine.

Mad Max RW
06-17-2010, 06:12 PM
I got this game today and was having a ton of random CTD's. Tried a few of the "official" fixes like adding -multithread to the command line and adding the game exe as an exception in my antivirus software. No dice. So I tried forcing the game to run in windowed mode with DXWnd. Works like a charm.

DXWnd
http://appaholic.co.uk/2007/10/16/dxwnd-force-almost-anything-into-a-windowed-mode/

How to set it up:
http://duncsweb.com/2009/07/22/run-burnout-paradise-other-full-screen-games-in-a-window-windowed-mode/

Also try to find a program called MaximizedWindow. It's a simple tool that uses the dos command prompt. It takes a game currently running in a window and resizes it to whatever you want after a predetermined amount of seconds. So I configured it to wait 15 seconds after Burnout Paradise starts in windowed mode to then expand the window to fit my entire screen. No more crashing to desktop or hard locks.

I used this exact same method to cure me of the random CTD's and lockups in Fallout 3. No clue what causes it, but the fix works.

Spykirby
06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
ummm... tried windowed mode but it doesn't get any better

Mad Max RW
06-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Did you skip the EA login menu? For some reason connecting to their server automatically makes it fullscreen, causing the game to CTD a few seconds later. At least that's what happens to me. I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for this mess. Singleplayer is fun for a few days but gets boring real fast.

eyehate
06-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Just checked out EA forums and the loading screen CTD has been going on for a little over a year.

I am sooooooooo glad I did not buy this full price.

Spykirby
06-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Just checked out EA forums and the loading screen CTD has been going on for a little over a year.

I am sooooooooo glad I did not buy this full price.

accually my game never fails at loading. It fails when playing

SinisterGimp
06-19-2010, 02:39 AM
I get the rare little black screen when I click 'Back to game' after the Criterion Network window pops up.
But thats the only problem I've ever had with it 'crashing'.