PDA

View Full Version : Before buying this new Medal of Honor game..

TrigunReaper
06-18-2010, 01:24 AM
I would like to know your guy's input

Rate the game 1-10
Game play style similar to MW2 or BC2
And the MOST important question of all. Teamwork? is it like BC2 where team work will lead to success or is it a solo run and gun game similar to MW2 and CSS

KillJoY14
06-18-2010, 01:29 AM
I would like to know your guy's input

Rate the game 1-10
Game play style similar to MW2 or BC2
And the MOST important question of all. Teamwork? is it like BC2 where team work will lead to success or is it a solo run and gun game similar to MW2 and CSS

No one can give there legit and full opinion since the game isnt out for 4 months or so and this is just a beta..

But from the few hours ived played so far...

1-10 would be 7 seeings as its pretty good for being beta, and still lacks some points and can obviously be improved

Since its made by same people as BC2 its play style is sorta like it, but it has a mix of both i would say... which leads to your final question team work or run and gun.. i honestly think team would will be a key factor in the game once the chat and the in game voice works. seeing as there is objective play and when there s objective play theres always need for team work.. but also there is normal team dm mode on the beta which will allow you to do as you say like CSS and solo it, one person racking up 100 kills that team will almost win everytime in that mode.

Its up to you really if you played MW2 and BC2 and enjoyed both you will love MOH atleast from the beta ived played.

If you are skeptic wait a few days for me and everyone else to upload there gameplay videos on the tube and see for yourself!!

trogdor1289
06-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Lets see in beta state prob about a seven or so.
Gameplay is somewhere between MW2 and BC2. It is honestly like BC2, small infantry style. The lack of destruction is disappointing. However I find it fun.
I have noticed quite a bit of teamwork,so far.
lol review above me said almost exactly the same thing.

KillJoY14
06-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Lets see in beta state prob about a seven or so.
Gameplay is somewhere between MW2 and BC2. It is honestly like BC2, small infantry style. The lack of destruction is disappointing. However I find it fun.
I have noticed quite a bit of teamwork,so far.
lol review above me said almost exactly the same thing.

haha epic :P great minds think alike.

TrigunReaper
06-18-2010, 01:37 AM
thanks for your opinions guys also system wise does this also fall in between MW2 and BC2.

I personally was not super siked for this game. So i have no problems waiting it out till i hear more reviews and maybe some youtube videos. But so far i think i will buy it maybe when it goes on sale

Fbender
06-18-2010, 01:39 AM
This is the first day of beta, chat is broken, none can talk or chat in game at all.

Game is fun I played it for 5 hours, I loved the Rush type of game and the map. Also it has a very different feel to it, it is nothing like BC2 or MW2 as far as the feel of the controls and the shooting. Yes it has some of the BC2 HUD but I can guarantee you, you will NOT feel like you're playing BC2. I give it a 9 not counting the things that are broken on the current version. it is something.

Thats my 2 cents. I give it a go. If anything just get a refund.

KillJoY14
06-18-2010, 01:39 AM
thanks for your opinions guys also system wise does this also fall in between MW2 and BC2.

I personally was not super siked for this game. So i have no problems waiting it out till i hear more reviews and maybe some youtube videos. But so far i think i will buy it maybe when it goes on sale

as far as what your specs need to be i would def say BC2 it needs a mid to high class pc to run it full, but will run fine on lower settings im sure on mid gaming dual core builds.

Lt. Kush
06-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Don't. Simple as that. Couldn't even get into a server after 10 minutes of trying because the list is magically hiding behind some invisibility shield every time i scroll down. Not to mention I'm in New Zealand and they all show up as US, UK, Germany... anywhere but here.

Let's not forget all showing 0 latency AGAIN, ala BC2, but this time compatibility options don't fix it. Cancelled pre-order.

*shuts door behind him and lets you all drown in your own flame*

OH, BEST OF ALL! No shyness in the porting of this - The menu features an "Adjust your television setup" item - showing arrow markers as used for scaling of an HDTV.

Yes, it's a 'BETA' (AKA - rushed glorified demo in this day and age - by the fact noone will be submitting any bugs, let alone will they be recieved; or, god forbid looked into.) However I have played/used enough REAL BETAs in my short life so far and worked as a tester for a short time. Albeit on a very small team. Now, BETA SHOULD BE nearing release candidate quality. Alpha wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. I don't believe "BROKEN" is a part of the Greek alphabet? /alphabrok?

G fu- {Hohoho! Steam fixed their swarz exploitz} -cking G copypasta gaem

EA/DICE, together as a team, are done by any intelligent users point of view over 14 years of age.

You asked for a rating from 1-10 amirite? Are we allowed to use negative integers?

Alright done now thanks.

it DEFINITELY gets points for performance on my system comparing to BC2 though, I'm not a blind rager so I am always keen to point out the PLUS sides. That's on an OC dual-core, for anyones interest, 5850.

Beezy
06-18-2010, 01:47 AM
I won't rate this game with a number, but I'll tell you this:

Everyone is right when they say it's a combination of BC2 and MW2.

It definitely isn't a real Medal of Honor game.

Just like MW2 isn't a real Call of Duty game, and BC2 isn't a real Battlefield game.

It's just another arcade shooter.

But, it's a good mix of the 2 games, in my opinion.

It's faster than BC2, and while it lacks destruction 2.0, it's still full of epic explosions.

I don't see much teamwork, but that happens with broken chat.

Also, I've only played Deathmatch, and that's basically "run around and kill people".

Never much teamwork there.

Think BC2 skinned to look like MW2 with airstrikes and killstreaks added.

Then take hit registry and bullet damage from BC2 and MW2 and mix them together.

Now take away splash damage from all explosives and make them basically direct hit.

I think this game is well worth the money.

People are reporting things like CTD, but I am yet to experience any problems.

That's just my opinion on the game.

Fbender
06-18-2010, 02:01 AM
ooh almost forgot hit reg is perfect. IMO