PDA

View Full Version : Honest Review - Should you Get MoH?

Max3D
06-18-2010, 09:11 AM
So allot of you are wondering, "Should i get MoH?". The answer is clear, BUT you have to look at this game from different points.

FIRST:
Are you a SKILLED FPS Gamer?
If yes, please read on. If not go play the game :P, you won't understand.

GAMEPLAY:
Epic, to say the least. Its fun to play and the air strikes are fantastic to watch, almost as beautiful as the deffening sound the game makes when you receive one of these destructive payloads.

Problem? Yes, it seems the gameplay lacks a certain amount of Uniqueness. The gameplay basically mirrors Modern Warfare 2. Unfortanty the multiplayer is more like MW2 addon, which i would gladly pay 10-20 for, if you catch my drift.

GAMEPLAY - Weapons Etc..
I myself have played multiple FPS games, i even have a online league for CSS which i play at a professional level. I'm used to all different types of games and the way the developers believe weapons to be.

MoH weapon system (At the moment in BETA) lacks tactics. The guns are too similar, and very EASY. All you have to do is point and shoot. For example, I love a good sniper weapon, i love picking a nice spot and mowing down n00bs who think they are rambo charging in the open space that is no-mans land. Forget using a sniper, USE THE ASSULT RIFLE! it's just as accurate.

I sat in the far building watching market with my rifle, killing everybody i saw, even the snipers in the distance trying to pick me off. I simply aimed at their head, bang bang, they die.

Now don't get me wrong, It's not a BAD thing in some ways. At the moment this game is aimed towards amature gamers. In no way is this game at present a good multiplayer game for Inter to ADVANCED FPS players.

But hey, Just like Modern warfare 2 is for me :). It's a MASSIVE ego boost, if you have any skill what so ever in FPS games you will dominate the matches. My problem is it gets pointless, after 3 games of pwning nabs i find myself unchallanged even when disadvantged.

END POINT: Sorry about my long speech.

Advantages:

Fast & Done Well (not hard though since they had help.. MW2)
Fun
1 of the Easiest FPS Multiplayer I've Played
Great Visual Detail
Sounds are Awsome

DisAdvantages:

Its not Unique
Too Expensive for what it is
Disappointing for skilled FPS Players
n00b's r us

Basically, this game is Bad Company 2's and Modern Warfare 2's Love child and unfortantly is has gender issues and lacks any back bone.

It will be a crippled child for life :(

SO SHOULD I GET THIS GAME?

Answer:
Have you got/played MW2/BC2 or are you good at FPS games?
If you answer is yes, then NO i don't suggest you get it.

Answer:
Is this your first FPS Multiplayer game?
Unfortantly i say no, Go for Bad Company 2 where at least there you can develop your skills as a gamer. This game will not improve you at all.

Who should get this game?
I Honestly don't know, i think right now it's fairly obvious to anybody with a brain who has played the beta to get a refund. I think this game will get played who are HARDCORE Medal of Honor fanboi's and are now to blind to see the truth, and unfortantly people who do not read reviews, or play demo's to see before they buy!

Ethier way, i wish you all great gaming!
GG,
- Max3D

TJX
06-18-2010, 09:19 AM
I've got all of those games, and I like what I see so far in this beta. So speak for yourself.

azmza
06-18-2010, 09:20 AM
For me this game similare to CoD style, if you like CoD that much this game will love it.

Max3D
06-18-2010, 09:32 AM
I've got all of those games, and I like what I see so far in this beta. So speak for yourself.

Yeah you properly wil :) Its a easy game to like...

I've aimed this review to people with Game Skill, It's the only type of gamer i respect :).

shockertwin
06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
The game is fun. Based on what is expected for release content, it's nowhere near worth $60.

mbmonk
06-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Reviewing the full game 24 hours after the beta has been release. That didn't take long.

scraM
06-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Do people suddenly forget there is a single player aspect to these games though.. which will make it worth the price they are asking for?

Before online gaming "took off" as such you would pay this price if not more just for the single player?

derkaderka
06-18-2010, 11:28 AM
So allot of you are wondering, "Should i get MoH?". The answer is clear, BUT you have to look at this game from different points.

FIRST:
Are you a SKILLED FPS Gamer?
If yes, please read on. If not go play the game :P, you won't understand.

GAMEPLAY:
Epic, to say the least.
skilled? check. epic? i gotta stop you right there. makes me question what you consider skilled. this is a console port. pretty much all fps games in the last 4-5 years have consistently ruined the pc shooter genre. arcade dumbed down easy-mode features have made their way into every game, and pc versions get the shaft every time. you can thank psn and xbl.

d10sfan
06-18-2010, 11:36 AM
skilled? check. epic? i gotta stop you right there. makes me question what you consider skilled. this is a console port. pretty much all fps games in the last 4-5 years have consistently ruined the pc shooter genre. arcade dumbed down easy-mode features have made their way into every game, and pc versions get the shaft every time. you can thank psn and xbl.

You can thank developers for not being able to think of any good things. While Xbox Live pretty much does not support large player counts and dedicated servers, it is a standard in the PSN. Resistance 2 has 64-player servers for it. MAG has 256 players.

So basically the tools are there to make a really good console fps that still holds true to pc roots. It just seems that devs today dont want to make a good game.