PDA

View Full Version : MoH has more camping than MW2

Ten Tron
06-18-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm disappointed in the amount of camping in this game but it's the best way to get kills. I'd like to see the movement speeds increased so I can run across a open area easier. Controls also seem a bit sluggish which makes me not want to move as much. I camp in elevated areas and get nice killstreaks. Most of the time if I try to move, I lose my killstreak.

Camping wasn't as bad in BFBC2 because of destruction 2.0 and vechicles. In MW2, camping is more of a problem but I don't think its as bad as MoH. Theres many counters to camping in MW2.

We need more counters to the campers.

KillJoY14
06-18-2010, 09:43 AM
you arent playing the objective game mode thats in play on the beta, that is nothing but intense rush action lol

Ten Tron
06-18-2010, 09:48 AM
you arent playing the objective game mode thats in play on the beta, that is nothing but intense rush action lol

I have played objective game mode and it's my favorite mode. Some people rush and play as a group but for the most part its about 75% campers.

noodlesoup
06-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Campers dont even bother me tbh, atm the guns are far too accurate and people die so fast, that as soon as I come around a corner I can pretty much drop them as fast as they can drop me.

Grenades atm just remind me of catherine wheels atm tho, they're pathetic.

KillJoY14
06-18-2010, 09:55 AM
This game is way more fast paced so far then MW2 camping does not even phase or bother me lol

derkaderka
06-18-2010, 10:46 AM
yeah, the no recoil ruins the game as well as the phantom deaths after taking cover under fire. seems them bullets do the matrix and hit you after cover has been taken. really lame.. you instantly die if you come out from cover, so i dont blame them for camping honestly. if they can live longer than 10 seconds, more power to them. 30 seconds isnt camping, but i'll agree the objective map promotes sniping rather than doing obj.

Ten Tron
06-18-2010, 01:05 PM
yeah, the no recoil ruins the game as well as the phantom deaths after taking cover under fire. seems them bullets do the matrix and hit you after cover has been taken. really lame.. you instantly die if you come out from cover, so i dont blame them for camping honestly. if they can live longer than 10 seconds, more power to them. 30 seconds isnt camping, but i'll agree the objective map promotes sniping rather than doing obj.
agreed

RedManATI
06-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Is camping really a problem? i mean its realistic to just camp out and get kills and if you know theres a camper just throw a nade there

HOWEVER this game needs to make the nade splash damage a lot higher(only nades not noob launchers and rockets)

Also REcoil recoil reeeeeecoil

Atomic Hamster
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
I hate this thing about 'camping'. You do not have to run around the map like a squirrel on acid running and gunning to play an online FPS you know. People can stop and shoot and if that is a good position then stick to it and rack up the kills.

I would rather people do that than having idiotic bunnyhoppers ruining the game calling eveyone a 'noob camper'.

Strelok
06-18-2010, 01:50 PM
People always whine when people dont run around like a headless chicken shooting in the air so they can win. There is barely any serious camping in this game.

thejaga
06-18-2010, 02:11 PM
yeah, the no recoil ruins the game as well as the phantom deaths after taking cover under fire. seems them bullets do the matrix and hit you after cover has been taken. really lame.. you instantly die if you come out from cover,

MOH, like BC2, has terrible, game-breaking anti-lag.

Ten Tron
06-18-2010, 02:19 PM
I hate this thing about 'camping'. You do not have to run around the map like a squirrel on acid running and gunning to play an online FPS you know.

You also don't need your entire team playing sniper and hiding in closets. Sadly, in 6 hours of play, thats what I've seen.

vazzaroth
06-18-2010, 11:24 PM
I hate this thing about 'camping'. You do not have to run around the map like a squirrel on acid running and gunning to play an online FPS you know. People can stop and shoot and if that is a good position then stick to it and rack up the kills.

I would rather people do that than having idiotic bunnyhoppers ruining the game calling eveyone a 'noob camper'.

Me too. I honestly haven't seen a game where camping is an issue since CS:S.

Saying "This game has more camping than MW2" is a PRO for me, not a con. I hate how that game promotes springing constantly and going for knife kills or double shotguns only. This is the first game in awhile where I've actually felt like the average engagement distance is believable. (BC2 is good with that, but the vehicles throw it off a bit.)

krimson55
06-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Don't forget, if there wasn't any run & gunners like myself, the campers wouldn't get very many kills. :p Everyone would be holed up in the corner or up in the window waiting for someone else to run by. There is a time and place for camping. And everyone has their play style. Some games are just better at dealing with it. Go try and camp in Q3 or QLive and see how fast you get owned. Alot less camping in the old school games like Q3,UT, RTCW. Nowadays, seems like everyone just wants to find a bush to hide in or a floor to lay on. It's ok to die people. You'll respawn.;)

evrfighter
06-19-2010, 12:19 AM
I hated it at first. I really didn't like it. But I came home from work had a few beers and started playing that valley map.

It reminded me so much of RTCW: ET I couldn't stop. The one thing bc2 lacks is a killer map. A dust2, dust, Karkand, or Wake. Africa Harbor is decent but that's it. That Helmond Valley is a sweet map. Valley could easily be a killer map if they worked on some things.

Mostly how accurate rifles are and how fast I can kill people. Maybe an extra bullet to kill then where it's at now. That and I CANT freakin crouch...

Tola5
06-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Is camping really a problem? i mean its realistic to just camp out and get kills and if you know theres a camper just throw a nade there

HOWEVER this game needs to make the nade splash damage a lot higher(only nades not noob launchers and rockets)

Also REcoil recoil reeeeeecoil

I cant take people whning abut rockets launchers and granets launchers people can use what there like best it that kill me yes that kill me so can I kill them it I are better or be kill if that are so good why you dont use it be you self ?`and no I dont use launchers Ijust kill people use that ♥♥♥♥ :-D

vazzaroth
06-19-2010, 01:13 AM
The one thing bc2 lacks is a killer map. A dust2, dust, Karkand, or Wake. Africa Harbor is decent but that's it.

This is extremely nit picky but it's Arica harbor. I mostly point it out just because I was so surprised when someone pointed that out to me.

But yea, I think the problem is different definitions of camping. I too hate people that don't even move and just use M1 to shoot. But by many people's definition, I'm a camper because I use cover, pop up to shoot, take cover to reload, repeat a few times, then move or work on the objective.

With that said, I haven't seen anyone who just sits in one area like the first definition in about 4 hours of playtime. At least... they don't live very long :P