PDA

View Full Version : You have been kicked from the duel.

Crawdad
06-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Is this happening to anybody else? Seems like every-other game I join, I end up getting kicked from almost immediately. Do people just not know how to make private games and invite their friends? :o

PorkSocks
06-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Now that you mention it, I don't know either. I'd love for some education on the matter so I don't have to waste a stranger's (or my own) time when someone else jumps in while I wait for my invited friend to show up.

All I do now is host a game and send a friend invite (assuming I'm not looking for any random challenger). Is there a better way to do this?

m2pt5
06-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Private games don't work, but inviting/joining friends' games does.

kssiks
06-18-2010, 03:49 PM
In theory you can setup a certain amount of private slots where i assume only people invited by the host should be able to join. That's the theory because it seems to be not working at all. I can reserve as many slots i like but there are still random people joining while i am waiting for my friends to accept the invites. So unless i totally misunderstood the meaning of the reserved slots slider it's another bug and i am afraid until it get fixed you just have to live with that.

abbeldydoo
06-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Also you have to take into consideration there are boosters who will use two accounts and search their own games out in order to let themselves win over and over,untill they get the accounts connected they will kick anyone else that joins.

NalgasDLemur
06-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Private games seem to not work at all, so whenever I try to play with my friend I have to keep kicking people who are unlucky enough to join my game if they get in before he does. I don't want to be a ♥♥♥♥ and kick the same person three or four times before it lets him join after I invite him, but until they fix that, it seems to be the only way to do it, unfortunately.

Gridlost
06-18-2010, 04:24 PM
why did they knowingly release this feature broken? P!ss poor testing if you ask me. :o

SlashCalliber
06-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Sometimes, I do private matches, then some random guy is able to enter the match. I think it's broken

Sir Arun
06-18-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure it only happens if you select quick match (where the computer randomly picks a hosted game and chucks you in). It doesn't happen if you go custom and then select the game from the browser list.

Leox001
06-18-2010, 05:30 PM
The problem is that "private slots" don't work...

You are probably entering a match that's supposed to be private, so you are getting kicked.

Also you may have your mic sending noise or something like that, check that you have your microphone properly configured (or in push to talk).