PDA

View Full Version : Odd performance issues

Doctor Noooo
06-19-2010, 01:40 PM
For some reason I can't hope to comprehend, I'm getting some severe lag in the entire Toki Tori demo. Everything goes at 20-30 FPS regardless of where I am or what I'm doing, and changing the in-game graphics settings or running in Windowed mode doesn't help at all. The game is playable but the animations are slow and jerky and it takes forever to get around.

I really want to buy this game but I'd like it to look nice on my desktop and I'm baffled that my PC which can play Crysis or Mirror's Edge at high settings can't run a game that works on an IPhone. Has anyone else experienced this and can anyone offer a solution?

Here are the important specs:

Computer: Modified Gateway GT5628
Graphics: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 with latest drivers
Processor: Intel QuadCore Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
RAM: 3GB

epmode
06-28-2010, 05:36 PM
I just fired up the full version of this game for the first time in a few weeks and saw a similar problem. I'm now getting ~10 frames per second when I'd get 60 in the past.

Changing graphic settings doesn't help, neither does windowed mode.

Nvidia 9800 GTX with latest WHQL drivers
Vista 7 64

edit: The framerate problems completely disappeared as soon as I plugged my 360 pad back in to the computer. I'm running with the custom XBCD drivers, if that makes a difference.

collin_twotribes
07-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Checking in to see if this happens often.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or is it an isolated case?

Thanks!

Collin

Doctor Noooo
07-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I figured out my solution: Vista still believed I had a 360 controller plugged in. I don't, and I don't even have one in a mile radius, and the game was confused by that.

I plugged in a PS3 controller and used MotionInJoy to make Vista believe it was a 360 controller and my FPS shot back up to normal.