PDA

View Full Version : can someone make a petition on this forum

sasuke2490
06-20-2010, 11:34 AM
can someone make a petition to switch this game to the orange box/hle episode 2 engine because the graphics and stuff would be improved and this game needs a update. i dont know how to make a petition but i would sign one

deathbyguitar
06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Recently, a Valve employee implied that this game was going to be worked on, so its really only a question of when they're going to do it. I beleive that in order to port it to Mac they'd have to port it to the orange box engine, so I'm sure we'll get our wish soon enough.

My guess is by the end of July it'll be ported. Counter-Strike:Source is gonna be released next week, and Left 4 Dead 1&2 are the next most commercially popular so those will almost certainly take priority over HL2:DM and DOD:S, but I'm sure they'll get around to them all.

Ade
06-20-2010, 04:21 PM
i guess that could be said 6 months ago and can be said again in 6 months from now... etc

d10sfan
06-20-2010, 05:41 PM
If they are making a mac version, more than likely they will be updating it to the OB engine. Hopefully they do so macs can play it and everyone gets a patched game.

gamezombie
06-20-2010, 06:28 PM
If they are making a mac version, more than likely they will be updating it to the OB engine. Hopefully they do so macs can play it and everyone gets a patched game.
They have to the only version of Source that can be played on Macs is 2009 (Orange Box)

Reaper47
06-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Recently, a Valve employee implied that this game was going to be worked on, so its really only a question of when they're going to do it.

OMGWTFBBQ?

Do you have a source for that? As long as this doesn't mean "drop the OB engine on it, ignore" while half the game stops working because of the engine change, that's great news. I still love HL2DM. As far as pure, oldschool deathmatch gameplay goes, there is little that comes close.

cmulder
06-22-2010, 10:40 AM
I would love to see this game updated to the orangebox its my favorite game.

/Signed

● L1pE ● BR
06-22-2010, 12:35 PM
They have to the only version of Source that can be played on Macs is 2009 (Orange Box)

Hmm... so, do this mean they'll also update HL:S and HL2 Demo to the OB?

iBMe
06-22-2010, 03:42 PM
It really wouldn't surprise me if valve don't bother.

deathbyguitar
06-22-2010, 07:59 PM
OMGWTFBBQ?

Do you have a source for that? As long as this doesn't mean "drop the OB engine on it, ignore" while half the game stops working because of the engine change, that's great news. I still love HL2DM. As far as pure, oldschool deathmatch gameplay goes, there is little that comes close.

My source:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15155698#post15155698

BroflMouth
06-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Hmmm thats a pretty reliable source and since it wasn't released with HL2 and such it seems like they will be taking more time on it. My only fear is that it will break all of the puzzle maps that I play on, which is all I currently use HL2 DM for.

valar
06-23-2010, 06:00 PM
I for one am very happy to hear this, thank god for Mac :)
one burning question though:
currently, the hl2dm league community relies on bunnyhopping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3YR-3fgc88) and many worry this will go away / change dramatically in the port. could Valve provide us any insights?

TJF588
06-23-2010, 06:29 PM
bunnyhopping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3YR-3fgc88)
Ignoring the spellings, what a horribly unintuitive means of bounce. If it stays in, by Hyne, at least make it feasible for regular use to people whose hands aren't spiders.

DI- Pernicious
06-23-2010, 06:37 PM
You must mean the act of sprint + jump + crouch, where as the hardest parts of bunnyhoping are actually the curving and timing of the overbouncing.

TJF588
06-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Oh Hyne, it's worse than I feared! Dammit, why do I have to suck at timings!

valar
06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
@ TJF588 - the spelling is correct. the term is bunny + hopping = to hop like a bunny.
moreover, even though HL2DM is a skill based game there are numerous ways of playing it. Not sure if you're aware of it but there are plenty of players and servers not making use of this feature in the game and still having a lot of fun.

@ DI- Pernicious - i meant the movement facet in whole be it bhopping, skating, speedcrouching and so on. From seeing community-made ports it seems these features aren't making it through for some reason. i'm not a coder so i can't provide an educated explanation but i know how the game behaves under EP1 and simply am hoping for features to Increase and not Decrease in the port.

Skaruts
06-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Ignoring the spellings, what a horribly unintuitive means of bounce. If it stays in, by Hyne, at least make it feasible for regular use to people whose hands aren't spiders.

yea, Quake live has a good enough system that prevents noobs or not so skilled ppl from diving into the sharks pool from the start. That would be a nice thing. I don't find it very amuzing to be killing unskilled players all the time, but I got no much choice sometimes (due to many empty servers and innactive ppl).

valar
06-27-2010, 05:19 AM
those who want to ask for HL2DM movement to be kept intact during the Orangebox port please post here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15658079&posted=1#post15658079)