PDA

View Full Version : Historical Accuracy

AussieN00bLord
06-20-2010, 09:56 PM
I may be the only one, certainly may not!

But does anyone else here epicly nerd rage when they realise half of Europe is in the clutches Austria? XD

BeefSausage
06-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Historical curiosity is a nice thing to see in a Total War fan so i thought i'd take this opportunity to shed some light.

At the time that NTW takes place Austria was the center of a rather powerful empire often referred to as the Hapsburg empire or the Austro-Hungarian empire later on. Here follow this link to the wikipedia page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_Empire

As you can see the Austrian territory that is in the campaign for NTW corresponds quite accuratly to the historical reality.

bigdogkyle130
06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
nice work...wow...

BeefSausage
06-21-2010, 05:56 PM
nice work...wow...

No problem, anytime.

Joccer
06-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Actually, it is quite accurate in other aspects, such as the disposition of the other countries towards France. I have just conquered Hungary, and instead of the usual QQing I get from the other nations when I occupy their territories, the Hungarians were quite content with me being their new ruler. As a Hungarian myself I know that we pretty much wanted to get rid of the rule of the Habsburgs, maybe not so that it would be another emperor, but still.

AussieN00bLord
06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Hahaha oh my, i know my history ;)
i was talking ingame, lol