View Full Version : Historical Accuracy

06-20-2010, 10:56 PM
I may be the only one, certainly may not!

But does anyone else here epicly nerd rage when they realise half of Europe is in the clutches Austria? XD

06-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Historical curiosity is a nice thing to see in a Total War fan so i thought i'd take this opportunity to shed some light.

At the time that NTW takes place Austria was the center of a rather powerful empire often referred to as the Hapsburg empire or the Austro-Hungarian empire later on. Here follow this link to the wikipedia page.

As you can see the Austrian territory that is in the campaign for NTW corresponds quite accuratly to the historical reality.

06-21-2010, 06:49 PM
nice work...wow...

06-21-2010, 06:56 PM
nice work...wow...

No problem, anytime.

06-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Actually, it is quite accurate in other aspects, such as the disposition of the other countries towards France. I have just conquered Hungary, and instead of the usual QQing I get from the other nations when I occupy their territories, the Hungarians were quite content with me being their new ruler. As a Hungarian myself I know that we pretty much wanted to get rid of the rule of the Habsburgs, maybe not so that it would be another emperor, but still.

06-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Hahaha oh my, i know my history ;)
i was talking ingame, lol