PDA

View Full Version : Questions about compatibilty

thechoort
06-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Can I run Europa Universalis 3 on Window's Vista? Would it also run on Windows 7?

Is the multiplayer compatible between Mac and PC? Could I play co-op?

Is the game graphically intensive? If I can run, say Arsenal of Democracy, can I run Europa Universalis 3?

Thank you.

GLaw
06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
I have vista 32. Runs fine. No idea about multiplayer other than no co-op. I never heard of the game you mentioned, but it is NOT graphically intesnsive. My core duo is runs it fine.

lordnine
06-28-2010, 06:46 PM
I can't get it to run on Windows 7 either from within Steam or from launching it directly.

Aetius
06-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I can't get it to run on Windows 7 either from within Steam or from launching it directly.

What happens? Do you just get a black screen?

lordnine
06-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I get a black screen with a spinning hourglass that I manually have to close from task manager.

Someone in another thread just told me to open the settings document and change the fullscreen=yes option to no. This did seem to work to get me into the game but it still hangs on starting.

edit: It was you who helped me! Oops. Thanks.

Aetius
06-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I get a black screen with a spinning hourglass that I manually have to close from task manager.

Someone in another thread just told me to open the settings document and change the fullscreen=yes option to no. This did seem to work to get me into the game but it still hangs on starting.

edit: It was you who helped me! Oops. Thanks.

Yeah, mine still hangs on start up sometimes but you just have to wait it out. We should probably report this issue to Paradox.