PDA

View Full Version : Can you get Shockwave on the pc version?

undyinglight
06-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Can you get Shockwave on the pc version? Those who preordered for console got him as an exclusive character, has anyone heard if he is coming to pc?

RangerXML
06-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Nope, there was no preorder deal with Steam, that's why I was hoping for GFWL that they might do characters and skins as add-ons, but without somekind of a backbone support, this is a no go.

SweetCC
06-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Nope, there was no preorder deal with Steam, that's why I was hoping for GFWL that they might do characters and skins as add-ons, but without somekind of a backbone support, this is a no go.

You...do know Steam can handle DLC, right?

vicvision
06-22-2010, 06:47 PM
You...do know Steam can handle DLC, right?

Steam didnt help me get more planes for WoP, or more levels for Batman. Can and will are two totally different things.

Looks like a fun game, but buying nine tenths of a game just doesnt make sense to me. I will be waiting to find a copy that includes the extra characters, or atleast confirm that they will be available. Sorry steam, I love you and all, but I will always buy my dope from the source, before it gets cut.

Its such a rediculous strategy to sell some people an inferior version of a game. The right way is to offer characters up front that are difficult to unlock through playing, as some games have done. That way we wouldnt feel so alienated by what basically comes down to a cash-grab.

miqqu
06-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Gamestop is cancer

KeredCWR
06-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Gamestop is cancer

No, it's just trying to compete with booming online sales, just like how places like Best Buy try to sell music CDs with exclusive bonus tracks. It's simply a case of brick and mortar stores trying to do what they can to stay in business. It's not necessarily bad nor evil, though it does sting the end consumer who makes a purchase elsewhere and can't get the bonus content.

ftrain
06-23-2010, 12:03 AM
No, it's just trying to compete with booming online sales, just like how places like Best Buy try to sell music CDs with exclusive bonus tracks. It's simply a case of brick and mortar stores trying to do what they can to stay in business. It's not necessarily bad nor evil, though it does sting the end consumer who makes a purchase elsewhere and can't get the bonus content.

If Best buy had good prices i "might" buy stuff from them, but most of it is way overpriced with their bullcrap warranties.

KeredCWR
06-23-2010, 05:50 PM
If Best buy had good prices i "might" buy stuff from them, but most of it is way overpriced with their bullcrap warranties.

You do know the warranties are optional, right?

In any case, you kids don't know how good you have it now. I remember the days when Best Buy was the place to go for the best prices on games.

/waits for someone to jump in regarding how your local mom & pop software store was the only place to get good software...

undyinglight
06-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Thats to bad PC players don't get Shockwave, maybe if we bombard the developer with emails, for those of us who haven't bought the game yet, saying we won't buy it until Shockwave is patched in. This typically doesn't do anything but I guess its worth a shot.

lemonpips
06-24-2010, 10:46 AM

What the hell do warranties have to do with cds? And, as mentioned, you don't have to buy a protection plan.

Stinger911
06-24-2010, 10:50 AM
It is unknown as to whether these character models are already on the disc or not. Perhaps someone will find a way to unlock them if they are.

Rurouni_Kei
06-24-2010, 02:04 PM
It is unknown as to whether these character models are already on the disc or not. Perhaps someone will find a way to unlock them if they are.

doubtful, I mean usually these kind of things are only available online to download for their respective console. But heck does anyone even know if there was an editor included on the game? It is a game running on UE who knows if we can just mod the damn character in there? Though it might be unlikely at this rate.