PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Y-Axis Inversion?

1337W422102
06-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey guys. I game with my mouse's Y-axis inverted and just wanted to know if you can invert said axis in the game. I know the controls are unchangeable (unless you use AHK), but if you can't flip the mouse, I won't be able to play at all.

Thanks for the help, guys. I've been looking forward to the game for a while and I know the lazy port job will let me down, but I would still like to at least try it.

Viper45
06-23-2010, 10:20 AM
I also play games with the Y-Axis inverted, and thankfully, there are options for that in this game. They even break it down for each type of transformation mode for those who might like to have the jet controls inverted, but keep the other forms uninverted.

Pluberus
06-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey guys. I game with my mouse's Y-axis inverted and just wanted to know if you can invert said axis in the game. I know the controls are unchangeable (unless you use AHK), but if you can't flip the mouse, I won't be able to play at all.

Thanks for the help, guys. I've been looking forward to the game for a while and I know the lazy port job will let me down, but I would still like to at least try it.

Yes you can. :D
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/Pluberus/screenie.png

Its also doable via AHK.
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic57309.html

1337W422102
06-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Thank you VERY much, guys! That was one of my issue with UT3. On foot was inverted, but not in vehicles. So basically, I couldn't fly or shoot. (Growing up with TIE Fighter and no joystick will do that to you...) I would just drive really fast and hope not to die!

See you guys in game!

Xorbot
06-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Something that should be noted is that I think the vertical sensitivity is much smaller than the horizontal. I think this matches the sensitivity style of an analog stick on the gamepad where turning (horizontal analog stick) needs to be fast. Of course, the individual axes cannot be adjusted unless someone can point me in the correct direction to adjust this.

1337W422102
06-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Something that should be noted is that I think the vertical sensitivity is much smaller than the horizontal. I think this matches the sensitivity style of an analog stick on the gamepad where turning (horizontal analog stick) needs to be fast. Of course, the individual axes cannot be adjusted unless someone can point me in the correct direction to adjust this.

Oh, well that's just prime. I guess I'll be using my DPI-change buttons a lot.

Xorbot
06-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Oh, well that's just prime. I guess I'll be using my DPI-change buttons a lot.

It seems to be a trend for this game--to use external tools to fix a horrible presentation for a PC game. I visualize a future problem now: I see a patch which allows the max frame rate to be set to 60, but they'll screw up vysnc, which causes players to go to their video card control panels and force vsync on.

In short, whatever the developers do to this game, it seems to end up with the players fixing the problems with external tools and adjustments.

1337W422102
06-23-2010, 11:37 AM
It seems to be a trend for this game--to use external tools to fix a horrible presentation for a PC game. I visualize a future problem now: I see a patch which allows the max frame rate to be set to 60, but they'll screw up vysnc, which causes players to go to their video card control panels and force vsync on.

In short, whatever the developers do to this game, it seems to end up with the players fixing the problems with external tools and adjustments.

A case of "When you want something done right" in overdrive, it seems. At least we didn't pay $60 for the game...