PDA

View Full Version : Mouse control X-Axis is more sensitive than Y-Axis

Viper45
06-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Surely I'm not the only one that noticed this? Having the X-Axis be more sensitive than the Y-Axis is pretty common in console games, but it is just stupid to carry it over to PC mouse controls. There is no option to adjust this, you can only adjust the overall sensitivity, which scales both the X and Y axis sensitivities up.

Surprise surprise, this could possibly have been fixed if the configuration .ini wasn't encrypted.

Xorbot
06-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I experience this too. I posted in another thread that I suspect this has to do with the gamepad analog stick. The developers make the horizontal stick more sensitive so players can turn around faster. Of course, this is not an issue with good old keyboard/mouse.

So yea, there shouldn't be a difference in vertical and horizontal sensitivities. But for the most flexibility, there should be individual sliders for each axis anyway, for people who want to tweak--just because one player doesn't have a use for different axis sensitivities, it doesn't make it right to disable that option altogether. I say this because I sense a reply such as "well I have no problems with it" as though it justifies the lack of individual sensitivity settings.

shadow946
06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
This is one of those things that really pisses me off. The developers have so half-assedly put together a port for the PC that the forgot to change the x and y axis sensitivity, forgot to implement custom controls, and forgot text chat. How did they screw this up so badly?

Why do you think we chose the PC version over the console version you idiots!!!