PDA

View Full Version : Other games like audiosurf for pc

box491
06-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Are there any other games like audio surf for pc?

Info_Phil
06-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Audiosurf is the only game which really kicks ♥♥♥.
There is this this other thing called "raycatcher",
but it did not change gameplay according to the music.

DoubleD
06-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Do you need any other? ;)

Xstioph
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Frets on fire, perhaps? More like Guitar Hero, but still... Free I think.

Beat Hazard, here on Steam. Though I guess the only thing similar is that you play your music. :D

Amy
06-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Are there any other games like audio surf for pc?

Beat Hazard! MUCH BETTER game!

ViRUS2008
06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
He said like Audiosurf, Beat Hazard is nothing like AS...

Improve your reading comprehension skills? ;)

motrin
06-26-2010, 11:48 AM
yes he said LIKE but how do you know that he wasn't talking about the music element?? you need to improve your manors

playblah
06-27-2010, 01:50 AM
jamlegends.com

Very nice , people here mod their guitar hero guitars and sets to play this game
very cool stuff too for gamers.

You dont even need to sign up to play
but you can play co op and upload your own music
and you can battle people
has achievements and much more

Raefzm
07-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Beat Hazard would be the only game that could compete with Audiosurf. Guitar hero and all that crap is so bad it shouldnt be called a game even.

mudvayne_nothin
07-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Rhythm Zone? http://store.steampowered.com/app/38900/

KamiofLunacy
07-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Beat Hazard is visually a seizure you can pour into your face. It's fun, but I can't play more than one song before having to take a looooong break before playing again because of the eyestrain.

Rhythm Zone looks like Guitar Hero (a good thing) with over-the-top graphics (a bad thing)

GisleAune
07-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Rhythm Zone? http://store.steampowered.com/app/38900/
Notes in Guitar Hero were planted out according to the song and guitar playing in it, this si just notes thrown at the player. And only 4 buttons? If they want to be different, 6 would have been better.

tankexmortis
07-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Beat Hazard, Turba, maybe Rhythm Zone (dunno since it's not out yet), and the one that started it all: Vib Ribbon. That's for the PS1 though, not PC.

In my opinion Beat Hazard and Vib Ribbon are the only ones worth playing. Audiosurf isn't bad, but I personally can't get into the gameplay when it doesn't relate to the music; might as well just play any other game while listening to my music. Sure the track changes, but it doesn't change the actual gameplay at all. Plus I don't feel like the puzzle aspect works well with most music. I'm gonna try it again though because I've been enjoying Beat Hazard and Vib Ribbon so much.

Hopefully the appearance of Beat Hazard, Turba, and Rhythm Zone in such a short time means that this subgenre - music analyzing games? - is taking off. I only hope that the analyzing improves, as none of the recent games do as good a job as Vib Ribbon did.

EDIT: Okay, I tried AS again and I am ready to eat my words. Either it is way, way better than it was when it was first released (that was when I first tried it); or I am much more receptive to the experience it offers. The blocks seem more likely to appear on the beat (although still far from perfect) and and the track is MUCH more reactive to the music than I remember. I tried it with several songs on several modes in the demo, including The Hives, Louis Armstrong, Gorillaz, and the Dog Faced Hermans. The latter gave the game a little bit of trouble since they don't follow regular musical form, but it worked out okay by making the level insanely difficult. I look forward to throwing the Shaggs at it.

dafrety
07-19-2010, 11:40 AM
The Shaggs? (http://www.octopuspie.com/2009-11-23/343-turn-it-off/)

cwsault
07-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I'd say Beat Hazard, assuming you mean "like Audiosurf" in that the music generates the gameplay, without the gameplay being specifically music-based (i.e. picking up blocks or shooting enemies, instead of just playing the notes like in Guitar Hero or Rock Band).

It's an entirely different type of experience though in that Beat Hazard is basically old aracade-shooter style gameplaye with a spaceship and tons of enemies, and is based more on the intensity of the music -- whereas Audiosurf is mainly a grabbing and dodging blocks based on the individual beats and such.

It can be very intense though, especially with maximum visuals -- it's basically an total assault on your eyes with crazy colors and enough flashes to make a darkened room look like a nightclub, on top of the music, and also will probably cause you extreme hand pain for the first couple of games at every new difficulty level. I love it precisely for that though. :D

Try the demo; it's on the right of the page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/49600/

If you're looking for games similar to the gameplay of Audiosurf, well, racing games would fbe similar to Mono if they're fast enough, since they use the same skills as keeping track of blocks in Audiosurf. Puzzle games would fit for the non-mono modes.

tankexmortis
07-19-2010, 05:59 PM
The Shaggs? (http://www.octopuspie.com/2009-11-23/343-turn-it-off/)

Yup, those Shaggs. "Better than the Beatles", according to Frank Zappa.

LethalEnd
07-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Notes in Guitar Hero were planted out according to the song and guitar playing in it, this si just notes thrown at the player. And only 4 buttons? If they want to be different, 6 would have been better.

Well rhythm zone isn't based off of the guitar. Think that is it's big down fall everyone see it and thinks guitar hero. It does a decent job at making the track with the song at medium but still needs work.

tankexmortis
07-23-2010, 08:02 PM
I think that its big downfall is that everybody's bored as ♥♥♥♥ by the Guitar Hero gameplay by now. That's why we're all playing Audiosurf and Beat Hazard.

Suomis
07-24-2010, 04:50 AM
Beat Hazard...

superfly86
10-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Any new interesting Titles released ?
Free titles I know:
UltraStar and ultrastar deluxe
http://www.ultrastargame.com/
ultrastardx.sourceforge.net
and Frets on fire
fretsonfire.sourceforge.net

Om steam there is a new game Polynomial there should be category called music games :)