PDA

View Full Version : A quick thing about how the community is acting.

INFERNO
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
I have seen your threads, posts, videos, steam groups, and even comments on valve's official CS:S group and i want to ask 1 thing. How will saying "♥♥♥♥ YOU VALVE, YOU ♥♥♥♥ED UP CS:S. CHANGE IT BACK NOW YOU STUPID ♥♥♥♥ING IDIOTS." (actually copy pasted from the boycott group chat) make valve want to fix it?

Hell, this is worse than the sniper/spy update in TF2 where people ♥♥♥♥♥ed about jarate... and that was HELL. *insert the *lol tf2 player, no skill" here*. I'm surprised that I'm actually disappointed in this community to be honest.

I will agree the tick rate limit is pretty stupid, and the speed changes and mod screw ups are a little messed up too (those are the engine updates btw, not intended by valve), but everything else can be disabled, or just enjoyed.

Thank you, I hope you can understand.

I'll just leave this here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMFF1hJGEQQ

The counter petition, just to prove a point- http://www.petitiononline.com/1b23df3f/petition.html

garbage day
06-24-2010, 01:04 PM
all of the mods will take a day or two to be updated to work with the new engine which is nothing new to the world of dedicated servers

MeltedGeneral
06-24-2010, 01:05 PM
I've seen the Steam facebook fanpage, every other post is all about the CS:S update hate. It's like this community hates any type of change now matter how big or small.

INFERNO
06-24-2010, 01:07 PM
I've seen the Steam facebook fanpage, every other post is all about the CS:S update hate. It's like this community hates any type of change now matter how big or small.

I mainly just want to understand WHY they hate it. It looks much nicer in my opinion.

Exetus
06-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Video FTW for all the whiners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMFF1hJGEQQ

MeltedGeneral
06-24-2010, 01:10 PM
I mainly just want to understand WHY they hate it. It looks much nicer in my opinion.

Their reasons + counters to it.

Physics. Some people actually notice the change
Dominations/Killcam/end of round stats: Contact server admin to disable it. Kill cam wise, Options ->Multiplayer -> Advanced.
Broke most mods. Mod teams are trying to fix it.

There's a lot more to it I bet and an equal amount to counter it.

Rkade
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM
They don't know why...
It hasn't even been released for a day yet.
They just want to act as if they know all about modding/pro gaming/whatever...
by following the mainstream (which is currently "I hate the update")

INFERNO
06-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Their reasons + counters to it.

Physics. Some people actually notice the change
Dominations/Killcam/end of round stats: Contact server admin to disable it. Kill cam wise, Options ->Multiplayer -> Advanced.
Broke most mods. Mod teams are trying to fix it.

There's a lot more to it I bet and an equal amount to counter it.

Physics- i do too, but not much of one.

Dominations/Killcam/end of round stats- can be disabled client side in options.

Broke most mods- mentioned that, and also said, it was the engine update or, should I say, upgrade.

INFERNO
06-25-2010, 05:23 AM

I support this video. :D

phobus
06-25-2010, 05:33 AM

I so lol'ed at his comments ..... Very true video.

bistabil
06-25-2010, 05:41 AM

Still giggling. Great vid. :D

INFERNO
06-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Updated post with epic video.

NathanMc
06-25-2010, 05:50 AM
Epic video, is epic. And 100% true..this update is awesome and I'm glad it's weeding out all the complete morons we used to have to deal with.

getatme
06-25-2010, 05:54 AM
css is mostly played by 12 year olds
no arguing it

Rkade
06-25-2010, 05:56 AM
no arguing it

Judging by most posts in this section you are 100% correct.

sam3000
06-25-2010, 05:58 AM
INFERNO, public and meet players can't get this.

TehCoffeeRobber
06-25-2010, 05:58 AM
I don't like it because they broke my CS:S as I knew and loved it. I haven't been able to play since the update and this makes me upset and confused.

Whippy
06-25-2010, 06:32 AM
I don't like it because they broke my CS:S as I knew and loved it. I haven't been able to play since the update and this makes me upset and confused.

You should seek professional help

TehCoffeeRobber
06-25-2010, 06:42 AM
I did and now I have dreams abouts slowly killing the Valve member who thought of the idea of the update.

INFERNO
06-25-2010, 01:29 PM
no arguing it

I agree completely there.

flea8me
06-25-2010, 01:52 PM

That guy IS an ♥♥♥. haha Hes right about most of it. Hes lucky to not see any bugs that a people are seeing. I liked the video but he needs to do more research.

INFERNO
06-25-2010, 02:02 PM
That guy IS an ♥♥♥. haha Hes right about most of it. Hes lucky to not see any bugs that a people are seeing. I liked the video but he needs to do more research.

Yeah, and valve NEVER fixes bugs. EVER!
/sarcasm

watchmedie
06-25-2010, 02:13 PM
The community is being absolutely pathetic.

Product
06-25-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm more surprised that anyone expects more from the CS community.

INFERNO
06-26-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm more surprised that anyone expects more from the CS community.

I said that in my OP, I found myself surprised how it was acting. XD

1guy
06-26-2010, 01:22 AM
lol so many trolls posting that video.

its like the trademark of the trolls.

op is a troll, and also an inbred idiot.

siQ.NL
06-26-2010, 01:24 AM

Quite funny he sounds like the biggest whiner I've heard in months. And he clearly doesn't understand while people don't like achievements.

INFERNO
06-26-2010, 01:25 AM
INFERNO, public and meet players can't get this.

What is there to get? You play in a clan therefore you MUST be better than me? and you MUST know more about this stuff than me? So what if I, at the end of the day, AM better than you? (not saying I am, but there are plenty of pubstars)

Bhopping was removed because it was a exploit, and even if it was an accident, Valve is known to update their games constantly when there are bugs. Everything else can be disabled client and server side, so it wont effect competitive players.

INFERNO
06-26-2010, 01:26 AM

Says the guy saying "inbred idiot" to the OP.
ALSO: This forum doesn't need trolls, it's bad enough as is.

wetnap
06-26-2010, 01:32 AM

and if you are the kind that hates the updates, you've only confirmed their position as correct, with those against it as just a buncha whining ingrates.

1guy
06-26-2010, 01:35 AM
and if you are the kind that hates the updates, you've only confirmed their position as correct, with those against it as just a buncha whining ingrates.

its okay, no one expected a 12 year old pub-hero to understand why the update sucks, you probably pulled off the awesome-face when you managed to get the "unzoomed" achievement.

must have been better than christmas for you.

1Swat2KillThemA
06-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Bhopping wasn't removed... it's just that due to the low tickrate not enough jumps are registered. Same goes for shooting et cetera, although the rest is less noticeable (which doesn't mean it isn't there).

INFERNO
06-26-2010, 02:10 AM
its okay, no one expected a 12 year old pub-hero to understand why the update sucks, you probably pulled off the awesome-face when you managed to get the "unzoomed" achievement.

must have been better than christmas for you.

OH WISE ONE WHO KNOWS ALL, TELL US MORE.
/sarcasm (you can never be too careful)

INFERNO
06-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Bhopping wasn't removed... it's just that due to the low tickrate not enough jumps are registered. Same goes for shooting et cetera, although the rest is less noticeable (which doesn't mean it isn't there).

You can Bhop at 66 tick, it's just difficult.

1Swat2KillThemA
06-26-2010, 12:26 PM
You can Bhop at 66 tick, it's just difficult.

Never said it wasn't...

watchmedie
06-26-2010, 12:31 PM
bhopping is lame why does everyone act like making it harder to bhop ruins the game?

INFERNO
06-26-2010, 12:39 PM
bhopping is lame why does every act like making it harder to bhop ruins the game?

Because they're running out of things to moan about.

1Swat2KillThemA
06-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Because they're running out of things to moan about.

I just fancy bhop, their's nothing wrong about that (apart from fancying though http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/786 Hard Times :P).

I would "whine" less if valve were to remove bhopping by removing the exploit; a target attack. The difference between that scenario and the reality is that it is just a side-effect.
The lowered tickrate effects the whole game, from walking to jumping, from shooting to being flashed. In the way I see it, each and every aspect of the game suffers from it.

kommandojoe
06-26-2010, 12:51 PM
You people seem to fail to understand this simple principle:

When people like something, they are unlikely to say thanks, or make threads about what they like, but if they dislike something they are far more likely to voice there views. Because of that, you cannot assume the post in these forums accurately show the community's feedback.

INFERNO
06-26-2010, 12:57 PM
You people seem to fail to understand this simple principle:

When people like something, they are unlikely to say thanks, or make threads about what they like, but if they dislike something they are far more likely to voice there views. Because of that, you cannot assume the post in these forums accurately show the community's feedback.

I know that, but if we don't say we DO like it Valve may actually listen to them. That way more people lose out, complain, then it gets switched back again and again and again.

.:Bubb Rubb:.
06-26-2010, 01:10 PM
People as a whole seem to have a problem. We're already familiar with one idea, and as soon as something changes, we reject it, even if the idea's for the better. This is what's happening with the update, people see something new on a relatively old game and say 'It's been untouched for so long, whatever they've done must have ruined it'. People are also looking deeper into this. The update only added small things like killcam, dominations, engine updates, etc. Yet 'pros' seem to think that they changed every aspect of the game, from the recoil to the hitboxes. These 'pros' are mainly just people with low-end machines, trying (unsuccessfully) to get Valve to roll back the update so they don't lag with the improved graphics.
In the end, it's still the same CS:S we know and love, and people are whining about it.

watchmedie
06-26-2010, 01:10 PM
People as a whole seem to have a problem. We're already familiar with one idea, and as soon as something changes, we reject it, even if the idea's for the better. This is what's happening with the update, people see something new on a relatively old game and say 'It's been untouched for so long, whatever they've done must have ruined it'. People are also looking deeper into this. The update only added small things like killcam, dominations, engine updates, etc. Yet 'pros' seem to think that they changed every aspect of the game, from the recoil to the hitboxes. These 'pros' are mainly just people with low-end machines, trying (unsuccessfully) to get Valve to roll back the update so they don't lag with the improved graphics.
In the end, it's still the same CS:S we know and love, and people are whining about it.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

INFERNO
06-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Times up, let's get this show on the road. http://www.petitiononline.com/1b23df3f/petition.html

1Swat2KillThemA
06-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Times up, let's get this show on the road. http://www.petitiononline.com/1b23df3f/petition.html

You've got absolutely no clue as to what the hell you're on about, now do you?
"3- They stopped tick rate from going below 66 (though they did max it there, but people have already started to hack that) for more enjoyable listen server games."
Perhaps you've got the money to run 64 slot servers on 66 tick, well good for you, but that's still no excuse to rejoice others being screwed over.
And I don't get what a minimum tickrate of 66 has to do with "more enjoyable listen server games". Also, we shouldn't need to hack 100 tick, and apparently you agree with me on that being important issue (otherwise you wouldn't have used it in your defense). By the way, correct me if I'm wrong: if you set the max of something to be equal to its minimum, you "lock", "freeze" or "fix" it.

Sqorpion
06-26-2010, 03:18 PM
/signed.

INFERNO
06-27-2010, 12:59 AM
You've got absolutely no clue as to what the hell you're on about, now do you?
"3- They stopped tick rate from going below 66 (though they did max it there, but people have already started to hack that) for more enjoyable listen server games."
Perhaps you've got the money to run 64 slot servers on 66 tick, well good for you, but that's still no excuse to rejoice others being screwed over.
And I don't get what a minimum tickrate of 66 has to do with "more enjoyable listen server games". Also, we shouldn't need to hack 100 tick, and apparently you agree with me on that being important issue (otherwise you wouldn't have used it in your defense). By the way, correct me if I'm wrong: if you set the max of something to be equal to its minimum, you "lock", "freeze" or "fix" it.
If you don't know what a listen server is, then everything you just said is completely pointless. Also, that petition is mainly a pisstake.

1Swat2KillThemA
06-27-2010, 01:52 AM
If you don't know what a listen server is, then everything you just said is completely pointless. Also, that petition is mainly a jaratetake.

I do know what a listen server is.
"They stopped tick rate from going below 66 for more enjoyable listen server games."
That complete sentence utterly makes no sense at all.
The tickrate was fixed to 66 to avoid some minor bugs like crappy doors and props, and to make firing speed / recoil more consistent. Listen servers have nothing to do with it, and a fixed tickrate won't make a listen server any less or more enjoyable.
Perhaps you meant that 66 tick is more enjoyable to play on than the old Ądefault! 33 tick due to a higher simulation precision, but that isn't nescessarily true. Even if that were what you meant, it still isn't what you said.

"If you don't know what a listen server is, then everything you just said is completely pointless."
As I do know what a listen server is, according to you, everything I had just said isn't completely pointless. Deep down inside you know I'm right. For I am not nagging about the update in its entirety like OMGZORZ :O >.< !@#$%^&* THEY ADDED 4CH13V3M3NT5 WAAARGH THEYZ RUIN3D MAH GAMEXoR! No, apart from my friends not being able to play anymore because of the hightened system requirements (which I'm not complaining about, that's up to themselves) , I love the update. I just want 100 tick to be fixed.

GIJED
06-27-2010, 02:02 AM

Oh god. Not that ♥♥♥♥ing video again. That guy is absolutely wrong in every way he could be wrong. And his loud and whiny voice makes me want to punch through his monitor and rip his face off.

Nora
06-27-2010, 02:09 AM
Oh god. Not that ♥♥♥♥ing video again. That guy is absolutely wrong in every way he could be wrong. And his loud and whiny voice makes me want to punch through his monitor and rip his face off.

Because your IQ test is low you must see that video 100 times and you will understand so start to Click Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMFF1hJGEQQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=7EW36EKQhGE).

AOD_1337Gamer
06-27-2010, 02:12 AM
You are my hero THANK YOU FOR MAKING THESE IDIOTS UNDERSTAND ALso I did a post kinda like this

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1268173

used to be called Who support the update POST here, but they changed it.

I have seen your threads, posts, videos, steam groups, and even comments on valve's official CS:S group and i want to ask 1 thing. How will saying "♥♥♥♥ YOU VALVE, YOU ♥♥♥♥ED UP CS:S. CHANGE IT BACK NOW YOU STUPID ♥♥♥♥ING IDIOTS." (actually copy pasted from the boycott group chat) make valve want to fix it?

Hell, this is worse than the sniper/spy update in TF2 where people ♥♥♥♥♥ed about jarate... and that was HELL. *insert the *lol tf2 player, no skill" here*. I'm surprised that I'm actually disappointed in this community to be honest.

I will agree the tick rate limit is pretty stupid, and the speed changes and mod screw ups are a little messed up too (those are the engine updates btw, not intended by valve), but everything else can be disabled, or just enjoyed.

Thank you, I hope you can understand.

I'll just leave this here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMFF1hJGEQQ

The counter petition, just to prove a point- http://www.petitiononline.com/1b23df3f/petition.html

GIJED
06-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Because your IQ test is low you must see that video 100 times and you will understand so start to Click Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMFF1hJGEQQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=7EW36EKQhGE).

"HURP DERP UR DUM SO WATCH AGAIN TEE HEE HEE"
Bravo. You trolls finally got to me.

INFERNO
07-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I do know what a listen server is.
"They stopped tick rate from going below 66 for more enjoyable listen server games."
That complete sentence utterly makes no sense at all.
The tickrate was fixed to 66 to avoid some minor bugs like crappy doors and props, and to make firing speed / recoil more consistent. Listen servers have nothing to do with it, and a fixed tickrate won't make a listen server any less or more enjoyable.
Perhaps you meant that 66 tick is more enjoyable to play on than the old Ądefault! 33 tick due to a higher simulation precision, but that isn't nescessarily true. Even if that were what you meant, it still isn't what you said.

"If you don't know what a listen server is, then everything you just said is completely pointless."
As I do know what a listen server is, according to you, everything I had just said isn't completely pointless. Deep down inside you know I'm right. For I am not nagging about the update in its entirety like OMGZORZ :O >.< !@#$%^&* THEY ADDED 4CH13V3M3NT5 WAAARGH THEYZ RUIN3D MAH GAMEXoR! No, apart from my friends not being able to play anymore because of the hightened system requirements (which I'm not complaining about, that's up to themselves) , I love the update. I just want 100 tick to be fixed.

High-five then. I meant that it creates more enjoyable ones, miss-worded that, sorry. I do want 100 tick servers back though.

pengu1NZ
07-03-2010, 09:28 PM
High-five then. I meant that it creates more enjoyable ones, miss-worded that, sorry. I do want 100 tick servers back though.

HOW is 66 tic more enjoyable? Maybe for people with horrid computers who cannot host an 100 tic listen server for them and their friends (after map change of course...), and aren't they all screwed over by the hardware changes anyways?

I don't get it tbh, it seems that 66tic was just a way for valve/hpe to be lazy instead of actually fixing the doors on 100tic

INFERNO
07-03-2010, 09:32 PM
HOW is 66 tic more enjoyable? Maybe for people with horrid computers who cannot host an 100 tic listen server for them and their friends (after map change of course...), and aren't they all screwed over by the hardware changes anyways?

I don't get it tbh, it seems that 66tic was just a way for valve/hpe to be lazy instead of actually fixing the doors on 100tic

All listen servers are set to 33 tick default and it is not easy to change. (the console commands don't work)

pengu1NZ
07-03-2010, 09:35 PM
All listen servers are set to 33 tick default and it is not easy to change. (the console commands don't work)

-tickrate 100 (launch option)

is how u USED to be able to change it, before HPE took the command out

I can see what you mean for the current date though

scott2003lhs
07-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Valve said the ticrate change was to make all servers feel the same across the board. And to the original topic... most of us are just mad cause the update is gimped badly on the netcode side. I get kicked off the internet DOS style 80 percent of the time. no other game causes any issues. ya, that is a bit annoying. i might be in the minority, but the issue is widespread, tons of topics on this board already