PDA

View Full Version : Read Trine co op online set to launch.

playblah
06-24-2010, 10:46 PM
I read from IGN and co optimus that the Trine devs want to launch an online co op patch for the first Trine this will probably most likely be at Trine 2 launch though wich will probably be far from now, But it does open the no co op online sticky for wide variety of suggestions.

discordance
06-25-2010, 06:53 PM
link to ign article?

WaZzUp115
06-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Makes sense, if they're doing online coop for the sequel it should be rather easy to patch it into the first game, since it's the same engine.

UltimateO
06-26-2010, 09:32 AM
since it's the same engine

In fact, Trine 2 has a completely new engine.

WaZzUp115
06-28-2010, 04:37 PM
In fact, Trine 2 has a completely new engine.

Oh, I guess they might still be able to use the code for both engines though, otherwise it wouldn't make sense..

Retodon8
06-28-2010, 05:45 PM
link to ign article?

Yeah, I never understand when people mention stuff like that and think it unnecessary to provide a link.

I looked on Co-Optimus (http://www.co-optimus.com/related-news/trine) and IGN (http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/143/14304232.html), but there's nothing to be found.
(Not by me anyway.)
Considering what's been said before in an official capacity, I'm afraid this patch is pretty unlikely.

noman_ex
06-29-2010, 02:15 AM
If this is true, Joel would have mentioned it to us. But he hasn't, so I am betting that this is just false information.

JoelFB
06-29-2010, 04:59 AM
Yeah I'd like to see the article(s) too...

We don't want anyone buying Trine and think that online co-op is going to get patched in. It's most likely not going to happen.

Now, to be perfectly honest, what will happen is that we will finish Trine 2 and then we will see if there are ways to make Trine 1 levels playable online. So we have some options once Trine 2 has been released. The most likely way would be to make the Trine 1 levels run in the online-enabled Trine 2 game engine, but that would mean it's a separate game/add-on instead of a simple patch, and I'm not sure if that's the best way to go. So here's the key points: 1) We are not sure if it will happen, 2) we are not sure when it would happen, 3) we are not sure if it would cost something (and if there would be a reward for owning Trine, which is what we would prefer, and I guess everyone else would prefer too). Everything else is just speculation on everybody's part, including myself.

The sticky still stands (even if this is a little confusing). The important point is that Trine 1 is a singleplayer + local co-op game and that's what you buy. We have some options in the future when Trine 2 is complete but it's way too early to think about that. We'll see how things go...