PDA

View Full Version : Flat Out 1 & 2

DoubleD
06-25-2010, 01:04 PM
I have FO1 and I see FO2 is on sale for $3.39. Is there much difference between them?

Maverick.
06-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Flatout 2 is more dated and has more players then FO1, I couldn't play FO1 with anyone when I first got it...

Jeydog
06-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Haha, saw that offer too, was tryna make a decision, had $10 to spend.. Ultimate carnage was 7$ ithink
So i just bought 2 copies of Flat Out 2, one for my friend :)
Not quite finished downloading yet, but i can't wait!

DoubleD
06-30-2010, 10:16 AM
I see FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage is on sale for $2.00.

phantasmov
06-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I have FO1 and I see FO2 is on sale for $3.39. Is there much difference between them?

FO1 is a harder than FO2... the style is more destruction derby and no "pretty" cars like FO2. In a way, itīs similar to the differences between Dirt1 and Dirt2. Different tracks, cars, style but similar gameplay mechanics.

FO Ultimate its an updated FO2.. a couple of new game modes and a few graphic tweaks. Anyway they are great games but the driving is more on the "simulation" type like DIRT/GRID plus tons of crashes, than the one you have in Burnout Paradise for example.

Drakeer Melkhor
06-30-2010, 10:38 AM
FO1 is a harder than FO2... the style is more destruction derby and no "pretty" cars like FO2. In a way, itīs similar to the differences between Dirt1 and Dirt2. Different tracks, cars, style but similar gameplay mechanics.

FO Ultimate its an updated FO2.. a couple of new game modes and a few graphic tweaks. Anyway they are great games but the driving is more on the "simulation" type like DIRT/GRID plus tons of crashes, than the one you have in Burnout Paradise for example.

Reading you I think the Flat Out Carnage is a cool sale, thinking of buying it right now...

i_2_i
06-30-2010, 10:43 AM
beat u to it, bout it, its like $2. may also get fo2 for the vehicle handling. does anyone know if fo2 and fouc are all that different or the same for driving, i want to drive around and destroy things, not really interested in he driving...

phantasmov
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
beat u to it, bout it, its like $2. may also get fo2 for the vehicle handling. does anyone know if fo2 and fouc are all that different or the same for driving, i want to drive around and destroy things, not really interested in he driving...

Between FO2 and FOUC the latter has a more forgiving handling; the trickiest one is the first game.. it even has a "pro mode" that made your head hurts (and you keyboard fly).

FOUC has the same modes and minigames (deathmatch arena / derby / minigames launching your pilot / time trials ) that FO2 had but itīs a little bit more arcade/console type. (FOUC was published on 360.. FO2 wasnīt);)

ElfShotTheFood
06-30-2010, 08:31 PM
FlatOut 2 = Backwoods Burnout

Aetius
06-30-2010, 09:41 PM
FO2 is awesome. I have played FO1 and it's almost impossible to race. FO2 still has a multiplayer life and some challenging racers online.

I'm not getting FOUC because i hear it's the same as FO2, which is fun enough as is.