PDA

View Full Version : Just finished playing Metro

.~'~.Camo.~'~.
06-25-2010, 02:15 PM
I must say I really enjoyed this game I played maxed out on DX10 the whole time with 0 problems and i found the game still very good in terms of appearance and the story was really great makes me sad though that the game is over :( looking forward to hopefully another similar game in the future :D :D :D :D The spookyness of this game was great found myself looking in every direction haha The ghost tunnel level was interesting and cool just lurking along seeing shadows move on their own :eek:

thossi94
06-26-2010, 07:29 AM
I haven't played this game yet, but its downloading, its at 60% right now, but atmosphere-wise, im pretty sure stalker will catch the same feel.. theyre awesome, if youre looking for more games like this :)

TheSupahero
06-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Too short of a game me thinks

.~'~.Camo.~'~.
07-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I haven't played this game yet, but its downloading, its at 60% right now, but atmosphere-wise, im pretty sure stalker will catch the same feel.. theyre awesome, if youre looking for more games like this :)

I have stalker but havent played it since i got it months ago since it has compatibility issues with windows 7 :( making it pretty much unplayable :(

JBBooks
07-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I have stalker but havent played it since i got it months ago since it has compatibility issues with windows 7 :( making it pretty much unplayable :(

I've played all 3 Stalkers on WIN7, my old machine was upgraded 32bit, my new one is 64 bit. No problems on either, the 64 bit is Maxed for quality. It's buttah.

.~'~.Camo.~'~.
07-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Wonder if its my Graphics Card I have a GTX 285 by NVIDIA wonder if thats not supported

RedManATI
07-04-2010, 09:07 AM
This game is one of the best singleplayer games of the year to me...it is also graphically amazing maybe even better than crysis

Sifer2
07-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Well i'm almost finished with it now I think. Just got out of Polis unintentionally. An I have to say while I like the atmosphere it has some fatal flaws.

1. Too rushed. I just got to Polis an it looked cool I was looking forward to exploring it. I look at some people turn around an bam here is some guy that drags me into a cutscene an now i'm in another level an can't go back. This happens in like every damn town. Most games make it clear what starts a mission this one doesn't even try.

2. Fighting Monsters is annoying due to their speed an numbers. Every fight ends up playing out the same. You get like 5 shots off with your machine gun then they are all in your face an now your just shotgunning them all to death. Over an over.

2. Stealth is impossible. I swear if someone could sneak through any of the enemy human segments without a guide their first time with no deaths they are amazing. Good stealth games give you a reasonable shot at being able to sneak through on your first try if you pay attention. This game doesn't even try your just going to have to die an reload a thousand times until you get it right.

4. Since you can't stealth Human fighting sucks. Fighting Humans is dumb cause they take so many hits. Granted they have almost no shot at killing you either unless you run out of ammo. So its just a boring slugfest an trying not to run out of bullets.

My conclusion so far nearing the end of the game is its a pretty average game. I'm glad I got it on sale. In the next one they really need to work on their pacing an enemy AI.

breakd0wn
07-04-2010, 09:58 PM
*snip*

1. Disagree, I can't really remember any moments where it felt rushed or as if you were being pulled away from the level, but might just be me, I guess this is much up to opinion.

2. Agree partly, they could have beefed up the assault rifle and pneumatic weapon damage a bit against mutants

3. Stealth is very much possible, you just have to be so much more careful than in many other games. I've managed many times to sneak through entire levels unseen. You need to be extremely careful not to touch anything that could give away your position, and not kill anyone when another enemy is watching. Always keep an eye on the light sensor on your watch, you always want to be in complete darkness.

4. Most (all?) human enemies dies with one shot to the head. If you're aiming for the chest (where they have the most armour), you're doing it wrong.

It's not a flawless game though, not at all.

DrFirepants
07-05-2010, 01:39 PM

what are you talking about? theres no compatibility issues. put ~30 hours into call of pripyat and never had a crash nor bug.

.~'~.Camo.~'~.
07-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Im having all kinds of compatibility issues or something I get huge long load times and the sounds are out of sync badly especially in the cut scenes so i don't know whats up.

Jaymaster100
07-06-2010, 12:04 AM
My only problem so far is that weapons become weaker against the same exact enemies you face throughout the game. It just takes more and more ammo consumption to kill just one enemy. It used to be only 10 to 20 bullets to kill an enemy with the SMG. Now it takes about two or so clips. Wtf?

DazMazDa
07-06-2010, 12:33 AM
My only problem so far is that weapons become weaker against the same exact enemies you face throughout the game. It just takes more and more ammo consumption to kill just one enemy. It used to be only 10 to 20 bullets to kill an enemy with the SMG. Now it takes about two or so clips. Wtf?

Enemies become progressively harder by their 'rank'

There are multiple ranks of certain enemies.

SkullCracker
07-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Wonder if its my Graphics Card I have a GTX 285 by NVIDIA wonder if thats not supported

GTX 285 is still a top of the line card. I have a GTX 285 OC and is the fastest stock one you can buy and it rocks. I play at 1920x1080 max setting on all my games except METRO. Even STALKER looks amazing and that game I can max out all the way.

So be happy with your card. It'll be a solid one until the next series of cards comes out.

Wanny1
07-10-2010, 05:57 AM
Too short of a game me thinks

Not a problem when you play it 3 times like me :P

cradchaw
07-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Well i'm almost finished with it now I think. Just got out of Polis unintentionally. An I have to say while I like the atmosphere it has some fatal flaws.

1. Too rushed. I just got to Polis an it looked cool I was looking forward to exploring it. I look at some people turn around an bam here is some guy that drags me into a cutscene an now i'm in another level an can't go back. This happens in like every damn town. Most games make it clear what starts a mission this one doesn't even try.

2. Fighting Monsters is annoying due to their speed an numbers. Every fight ends up playing out the same. You get like 5 shots off with your machine gun then they are all in your face an now your just shotgunning them all to death. Over an over.

2. Stealth is impossible. I swear if someone could sneak through any of the enemy human segments without a guide their first time with no deaths they are amazing. Good stealth games give you a reasonable shot at being able to sneak through on your first try if you pay attention. This game doesn't even try your just going to have to die an reload a thousand times until you get it right.

4. Since you can't stealth Human fighting sucks. Fighting Humans is dumb cause they take so many hits. Granted they have almost no shot at killing you either unless you run out of ammo. So its just a boring slugfest an trying not to run out of bullets.

My conclusion so far nearing the end of the game is its a pretty average game. I'm glad I got it on sale. In the next one they really need to work on their pacing an enemy AI.

Agreed. This game floored me for the first 8 hours or so-- just lots of fun and creepy. But your #3 is right on and I felt like this in many parts of the game-- it doesn't "teach" you or "clue" you in to help you out-- many times you have to die to learn what to do and that is not a good game design.

Then the last hour or so I probably had played too long but rushing to the tower was incredibly buggy and took me many tries to get (miller kept getting stuck in stone or his gun was stuck in his head etc.). Or I'd get autosaved with a mask that was almost dead or one lurker left that would be invincible. STUPID AUTOSAVE.

The game changed completely right at the end and the pace just slowed to a crawl with the last dark one puzzles. The last 2 sections were just disappointing as far as gameplay.

qedqed
07-13-2010, 05:27 AM
I've played all 3 Stalkers on WIN7, my old machine was upgraded 32bit, my new one is 64 bit. No problems on either, the 64 bit is Maxed for quality. It's buttah.

Same. I also like Metro 2033, beside the animations suck big time.

liamsharkey
07-15-2010, 04:37 AM

3. Stealth is impossible. I swear if someone could sneak through any of the enemy human segments without a guide their first time with no deaths they are amazing. Good stealth games give you a reasonable shot at being able to sneak through on your first try if you pay attention. This game doesn't even try your just going to have to die an reload a thousand times until you get it right.

4. Since you can't stealth Human fighting sucks. Fighting Humans is dumb cause they take so many hits. Granted they have almost no shot at killing you either unless you run out of ammo. So its just a boring slugfest an trying not to run out of bullets. yer talking out your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥n there

i snuck through frontline which was near impossible, monsters are awsome to fight, polis is semi exploarable and ai is ok and plus i fixed sumthing for u in bold

liamsharkey
07-15-2010, 04:39 AM
this is the first game i played on my new pc i cant max out with min 30fps i even played crysis and stalker games maxed out of course since i ati i had to disable physx