PDA

View Full Version : How to change name on css?

The_One
06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
I remember that there was option in settings where I could change my css player name, but I dont see it anymore.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Stu Alpha
06-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Your Community name's now the name you have ingame.

wits
06-25-2010, 03:29 PM
While in game shift+tab, click friends, then the little arrow next your name, and then the click where shown on pic. http://i49.tinypic.com/x1deom.jpg

SpeedFreak
06-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Ye Community-Name. But I really dont get it why. Its so useless. If you different clans in mw2, css, tf2 etc. you have to change your steam name after each game start. =/

The_One
06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Your Community name's now the name you have ingame.

Thanks for the info, but why remove name change feature? I hope they add it back.

edit. Thanks for info, wits.

Reina
06-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the info, but why remove name change feature? I hope they add it back.

edit. Thanks for info, wits.

It's to improve the merging of in-game and Steam. The new Source Engine doesn't have a seperate name function because they find it somewhat useless.

flaegz0r
06-25-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't like it. But it's good for one thing, and that is hackers who spam name changes so you cant ban them easily.

xiphrex
06-25-2010, 04:29 PM
If you different clans in mw2, css, tf2 etc. you have to change your steam name after each game start. =/

Im quoting you with the chance the MAYBE someone will read that and realise that they didnt think of this flaw when they removed ability to change your css name.

Hopefully they will put it back in.

Zefar
06-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Im quoting you with the chance the MAYBE someone will read that and realise that they didnt think of this flaw when they removed ability to change your css name.

Hopefully they will put it back in.

But then there is also this where the new system makes it easier to find your friend because he has the exact same name.

So who should they support?

The majority who might actually like this feature because playing together as friends is fun.

Or the minority of the already minority of the clan people who joined 2 different clans in 2 games.

I think the answer is quite simple. So it looks like you guys will have to live with it or stick to one clan.

rapante
06-25-2010, 04:54 PM
an override function would do the trick.
standart would be the community name, but via cvar changeable ?

personally i hate that i'm unable to play "in privacy" without everybody knowing i'm online and bothering me. also i can't spectate those ppl anymore via fakename who are messing everytime no admin is present on our servers - they know now exactly when to cheat/ruin gameplay otherwise...

xiphrex
06-25-2010, 04:57 PM
But then there is also this where the new system makes it easier to find your friend because he has the exact same name.

We've all been playing CSS with our 'friends' for 4+ years now and have been able to find them without problems.

In any case if they dont enable name changing Im sure we will find a way to fix that. Thats what we have been doing all these years - fixing the broken game for ourselves.