PDA

View Full Version : Automate trade or not?

thechoort
06-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Is it a good idea to let the AI handle trade? Usually it's not a problem, but as Hungary, even when I set the sliders to import what I needed to run my IC (energy and rare materials) it wouldn't make the deals and wouldn't let me make deals with other countries that had what I needed (Austria, Belgium, U.S.) Should I just manage my own trade?

Edit: I'm playing Arsenal of Democracy

malkuth
06-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Think it matters what difficulty you play at. If you on lower ones doesn't really matter.

The biggest problem I would see is that it might sell your supply stock that your trying to save up for wartime.

lagrangewei
06-30-2010, 06:21 AM
use manual trade if you want to stock up before the war.

I would sometime purposefully remove the merchant ship I am sending to buy materials so the AI would think I need resources and offer me more deals. once i signed enough i would restore them. i can usually pick up a surplus of around 60 this way without using my own diplomat, the AI would otherwise only sell you enough to stay in the green.

roset55
07-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Let AI handle intelligence
You must learn to trade or the game will take away your ability to wage war
Object is to stay green in all cats especially fuel and gas
One trick to only "slightly" help is to keep comsumer goods at +6/7
And remember that trade adds to your supply problems
Like a home budget watch your dollars - choose wisely - buying overseas means ships to pick up and exposes shipping lanes - prefer trucking

thechoort
07-06-2010, 06:50 PM
How do I tell what my nation produces in abundance? I usally can't seem to find out what i'm short on until i'm starting to run out. Also how do I make trades? The option is blanked out when I try as Hungary to say, trade with Austria.

thechoort
07-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Does the fact I automate convoy and supply convoy creation have anything to do with the fact I have trouble setting up trade agreements?

mcgrimes
07-27-2010, 08:46 AM
I usually automate trade early on in the game, but when the world is in dispute I like to control trades. It seems the AI wouldn't trade with factions that could of been some threat to someone on my side; honourable I know, but when my economy is being flushed away, sometimes I need to trade with those to keep the forces coming.