PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty 2 CD KEY

iShockie
06-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Hello.
I have a question.
I have bought the Call Of Duty Pack (Call of duty, Call of duty 2, Call of duty UO, Call of duty 4: Modern warfare).
Curently it is downloading. It is in my library. When i right click on Call Of Duty 2 there is no "View CD Key" Option.
Where do I look the CD Key, i have got with the game?
Cheerz, iShockie.

hockeyfan34
06-26-2010, 07:00 PM
yea bought the call of duty pack too and i didn't get a CD key :/ steam messed up big time

mightybum
06-26-2010, 07:12 PM
I can't find the key code either. I've installed COD2 and COD5, can play neither of them online. Haven't tried cod4 though. Hey steam whats going on? Is there an explanation?

mightybum
06-26-2010, 08:35 PM
I can't find the key code either. I've installed COD2 and COD5, can play neither of them online. Haven't tried cod4 though. Hey steam whats going on? Is there an explanation?

I tried today again and found that I could play WaW online but was constantly kicked from the server even if I had the latest punkbuster. Cod2 key problem is still unresolved.

cas17per
06-30-2010, 10:39 AM
hey guys . at first COD 4 didnt work due to a key code error . just verify game files then restart steam . it worked for me .
am still downloading COD WAW so i will see .
COD 2 : when i am trying to join a server i get kicked because "key code in use , try reconnect later :S" idk wth is going on with steam . they should have sent CD keys in a mail or somethin .
anyway when u restart steam (COD4 and COD2) go to multiplayer option then press on "change key code" option and u should be able to see ur CD key .

cas17per
06-30-2010, 10:43 AM
i have a punkbuster problem . I DID EVERYTHING uninstall then reinstall , restart pc , update , download missing files but nothing worked . In COD4 am able to play on non-punkbuster servers . but on PB servers i get kicked with an error msg saying that PB kicked me because PB's heartbeat stopped :S:S:S:S ....

mightybum
07-02-2010, 02:04 AM
hey guys . at first COD 4 didnt work due to a key code error . just verify game files then restart steam . it worked for me .
am still downloading COD WAW so i will see .
COD 2 : when i am trying to join a server i get kicked because "key code in use , try reconnect later :S" idk wth is going on with steam . they should have sent CD keys in a mail or somethin .
anyway when u restart steam (COD4 and COD2) go to multiplayer option then press on "change key code" option and u should be able to see ur CD key .

Are you sure you can see your cod2 cdkey? When I go to "change key code", it's empty.

seseorang
07-02-2010, 10:01 PM
The CD-Key is stored in your registry and this is where the games get the keys from. It's not even coded. Just remember to TURN OFF the Steam overlay when going online, there's a feud between Valve and those at Punkbuster stating they their system is OK and it's the other party at fault. Both refuse to change the code

vypernorad
09-09-2010, 04:36 PM
The CD-Key is stored in your registry and this is where the games get the keys from. It's not even coded. Just remember to TURN OFF the Steam overlay when going online, there's a feud between Valve and those at Punkbuster stating they their system is OK and it's the other party at fault. Both refuse to change the code

It's PunkBuster's fault, it's not Valve's fault that their perfectly legitimate client is being detected as a hack. Also, Xfire experiences the same problem.

Anyway, I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm trying the whole "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" and then resetting Steam, I'll post my results if I'm not too lazy.

seseorang
09-17-2010, 04:27 AM
It's PunkBuster's fault, it's not Valve's fault that their perfectly legitimate client is being detected as a hack. Also, Xfire experiences the same problem.

That's pretty much what I said

Anyway, I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm trying the whole "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" and then resetting Steam, I'll post my results if I'm not too lazy.

The CD-Key should be in the registry as I said. If you can't find it, you may have to start the game, and hopefully the game will pick up the key from there and place it where it should go. You don't really need to enter it unless it's not displayed

slave2game
12-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Hello.
I have a question.
I have bought the Call Of Duty Pack (Call of duty, Call of duty 2, Call of duty UO, Call of duty 4: Modern warfare).
Curently it is downloading. It is in my library. When i right click on Call Of Duty 2 there is no "View CD Key" Option.
Where do I look the CD Key, i have got with the game?
Cheerz, iShockie.

Same problem here... I tried everything. I am beginning to feel like I got ripped off and will never play multiplayer for games I bought to use only the multiplayer. Anyone figure this out?

seseorang
01-07-2011, 04:19 AM
The CD-key is required only for multiplayer. if you're still looking for the key, send me a PM and which operating system and I'll direct you to it

GoangaVL
01-10-2011, 03:07 PM
i have some problem with GTA IV

Warriorprinceiq
01-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I have Vista. The regedit has no Activision file with Cod or Cod 2 in it.

I recently bought war chest cod/cod UO/cod 2 only to play online.

No cd key came with the game, no cd key in config and no mention of the games in registry.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

seseorang
01-23-2011, 05:08 AM
You need to run the multiplayer section to Call of Duty and quit. This should cause the entry to then be written in the registry. Some people seem to either a) reinstall and it works or b) manually find the key and put that in.

It helps to know which operating system and if it's 32bit ot 64bit

robicarboni
01-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Hello ddeinstalirah steam without having MW 2 and BO and now when you install steam on my MW2 displayed an invalid CD-key and the BO duplicated CD-key.

Silicon Vampire
01-29-2011, 03:01 PM
robi, have you checked the sticky thread?

CaptMorgan659
08-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Hi all, it seems like i'm not the only one trying to play COD 2 online. I've been trying across one week to join any server and didn't result. always the message "Bad key code":mad:
I don't see any Activision key or Call of Duty key on my register, so the game is being played on web cache?:confused:

Anyway, i paid 30 dols for this game and i demand an aswer to this problem. or give me back my money!
Help topics on Steam leaves something to desire.. there's no contact mail, or phone number for complaints. :mad:

astonpatterson
09-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Hi there,

I had the exact some problem and tried everything in the sticky. I did the following below, I did try everything I could think of so what I've done below may or may not be the solution but I thought I'd post this just in case :)

Try downloading a registry cleaner like CCleaner.

1. Un-install CoD2 from steam
2. Restart your computer and run the CCleaner
3. Re-install CoD2
4. Run CoD2 single player and quit
5. Run CoD2 multiplayer and enjoy

Whether or not what I did will work for you, it worked for me so it's worth a try! :D

Note: When running regedit.exe I still can't see the Activision folder

CaptMorgan659
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi there,

I had the exact some problem and tried everything in the sticky. I did the following below, I did try everything I could think of so what I've done below may or may not be the solution but I thought I'd post this just in case :)

Try downloading a registry cleaner like CCleaner.

1. Un-install CoD2 from steam
2. Restart your computer and run the CCleaner
3. Re-install CoD2
4. Run CoD2 single player and quit
5. Run CoD2 multiplayer and enjoy

Whether or not what I did will work for you, it worked for me so it's worth a try! :D

Note: When running regedit.exe I still can't see the Activision folder

Many thanks for your help Aston, and for do the Steam's work :mad: but i've tried what you say and neither work. The game keeps saying i have "Bad key code"
:( I honestly regret having bought this product on Steam. I wanted to take an offer and they cheated me, I would like find a phone number to call them and ask them to give me back my money! and there is none on the page, not a mail Support neither

Orestes
09-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I have tried all methods to validate the Steam CD-key I have and none work with ANY of the servers I've tried already. Any fix on this or should I quit buying and using Steam anymore because this have been like this for me for a while and there's no fix in a six years old game.

Hope you fix this soon.