PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone working on decrypting the .INI file?

Apolladan
06-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Is that even possible?

Random Name
06-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Is that even possible?

I really hope so!

Pluberus
06-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Bump. We need a hacker/hex editor to work on this. :D

GhostDrone001
06-27-2010, 02:04 AM
SuperNova perhaps? *goes to ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s*

Haha, joke. What is in that INI file anyway?

Keii
06-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Configuration options - if you could access it, it'd be easy to remove the 30 fps cap and customize your keys without using 3rd party software.

pepos123
06-27-2010, 02:26 AM
The thing is though it's a double edged sword if some randon decrypts the ini file

Yes we'll get rid of the 30fps cap, change gfx options etc, but I believe it will also enable options that could cheat your way through mp and it would ruin the game

imsojuicy
06-27-2010, 03:12 AM
The thing is though it's a double edged sword if some randon decrypts the ini file

Yes we'll get rid of the 30fps cap, change gfx options etc, but I believe it will also enable options that could cheat your way through mp and it would ruin the game

this is true. Call of duty modern warfare 2 is another peer to peer game, and that game got screwed over by hackers modifying game settings.

Apolladan
06-27-2010, 02:43 PM

It's kind of ridiculous in this day and age to not have a game monitored by VAC or Punkbuster. Especially if it's peer to peer and you can cheat simply by changing client side settings.

zhandao
06-27-2010, 02:49 PM
What kind of settings are available in current games such as MW2 that would turn into hacks? I'm not familiar, because I just remember being able to change config settings in Quake 3 and the only "hack" being changing the colors so that everybody glowed (which, if everybody enabled, would still keep everybody on the same level).