PDA

View Full Version : WaW Lag Issue?

Crossfire23
06-26-2010, 09:08 PM
I've recently bought the CoD Pack that included WaW and I've been having some issues with lag (also experiencing in CoD 4). I get quite a bit of lag especially when there's artillery going off in game. I've asked other people in game if they had been experiencing lag in game when I had and the majority of the players did not. I run 50-90 FPS in game normally. I assume that the reason might have to do with my game settings because I am able to run other games e.g MW2 and CS:S smooth for the most part. I have a wireless internet connection of 54.0 Mbps. When I join servers, I try to always join servers with under 100 ping. I've also experienced another problem where I randomly completely lose all game sound in game and the only way to fix it is by restarting WaW? Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

This is my computers analysis for WaW off canirunit.com
As you can see for the most part everything is above the minimum requirements except that I'm running on Windows 7. Do you guys have any suggestions for me?

CPU
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 / AMD 64 3200+
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz
PASS

CPU Speed
Minimum: 3.0GHz or better
You Have: 2.50 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.5 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (Vista)
You Have: 8.0 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP / Windows Vista
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Unfortunately Windows 7 was not available when this product was released, so it is not OFFICIALLY supported. In some cases if the product runs on Windows Vista, it may also run on Windows 7. Please review the publisher’s website for more information.

Video Card
Minimum: Shader 3.0 or better, 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
You Have: GeForce GT 220
PASS
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 256 MB 493.0 MB
3D Yes Yes
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.0

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
PASS

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 8 GB
You Have: 826.4 GB
PASS

Anti-Virus: AVG Anti-Virus Free

BouncingYeti
06-27-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm having the same issue. My specs are:

CPU
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 / AMD 64 3200+
You Have: AMD Turion(tm) II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M600
PASS

CPU Speed
Minimum: 3.0GHz or better
You Have: 2.39 GHz Performance Rated at: 4.302 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (Vista)
You Have: 3.7 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP / Windows Vista
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Unfortunately Windows 7 was not available when this product was released, so it is not OFFICIALLY supported. In some cases if the product runs on Windows Vista, it may also run on Windows 7. Please review the publisher’s website for more information.

Video Card
Minimum: Shader 3.0 or better, 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
You Have: ATI display adapter (0x9712)
PASS

Rachkir
06-28-2010, 12:58 PM
I may have to call shenanigans on your FPS level with that GT220
My friend has the same card, running on a 19 inch LCD and it wouldn't run this game worth a crap. nothing but lag and choppiness and distorted sound at times of explosions.

I gave him an old 8600 gt 256mb card and he has no issues whatsoever in the game now. It even fixed his sound issue for whatever reason.

I would also like to point out that his computer is a Gateway, bought from bestbuy, that was a display model. It has 3 ATI video drivers installed that say their 'working' plus the Nvidia driver 'working', he thinks he has multiple viruses, has never reformatted, has no sound card, and pretty much knows absolutely nothing about PC's. The cool thing is, the ATI drivers won't uninstall and the onboard video doesn't stay turned off in BIOS. Basically this computer is a pile of ♥♥♥♥ that needs some serious tuning, but the game runs good for him, but it didn't with the 220 card.

I suggest trying something different if you know someone who has some extra hardware you can test.
As far as your sound issue goes, there a numerous ideas for that.
Such as plugging in a mic, changing audio settings in game, and through windows settings.

My specs: BFG 260 898mb ddr3 o.c. edition - FPS in WaW: 40-120. All settings maxed. Shenanigans on your 50-90 fps. You don't have to lie to kick it bro.

Crossfire23
06-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I may have to call shenanigans on your FPS level with that GT220
My friend has the same card, running on a 19 inch LCD and it wouldn't run this game worth a crap. nothing but lag and choppiness and distorted sound at times of explosions.

I gave him an old 8600 gt 256mb card and he has no issues whatsoever in the game now. It even fixed his sound issue for whatever reason.

I would also like to point out that his computer is a Gateway, bought from bestbuy, that was a display model. It has 3 ATI video drivers installed that say their 'working' plus the Nvidia driver 'working', he thinks he has multiple viruses, has never reformatted, has no sound card, and pretty much knows absolutely nothing about PC's. The cool thing is, the ATI drivers won't uninstall and the onboard video doesn't stay turned off in BIOS. Basically this computer is a pile of ♥♥♥♥ that needs some serious tuning, but the game runs good for him, but it didn't with the 220 card.

I suggest trying something different if you know someone who has some extra hardware you can test.
As far as your sound issue goes, there a numerous ideas for that.
Such as plugging in a mic, changing audio settings in game, and through windows settings.

My specs: BFG 260 898mb ddr3 o.c. edition - FPS in WaW: 40-120. All settings maxed. Shenanigans on your 50-90 fps. You don't have to lie to kick it bro.
I'm using a Logitech usb headset, but I do not have this problem in any of my other online games.