PDA

View Full Version : Lag?

PurpleSuperman
06-27-2010, 06:25 AM
I've had CS:S since December, and have had no problems with it until now. I've been playing with bots recently, because they're more "on my level" so to speak.
But I went back to online servers today, and found they were all really laggy. I've played on them before and they've run fine. Is this because of the update by chance? Or do I need to do something else? >.>

ICantShoot
06-27-2010, 06:29 AM
Its not the server, it's you and your game. I have the same issue and it appeared after the last fix for CS Source. Not the Orangebox release, all was fine after that but the fix ruined it all. Game is basically unplayable. My game is like this (1 round gameplay) http://ics-base.net/crap/kivalagit.dem

place the demo to cstrike folder and hit shift+f2 and if you have console, just type playdemo kivalagit

You are not alone, many people have exactly the same issue.

de_Stan
06-27-2010, 06:29 AM
Yes it is because of the update. There are some problems right now and we hope they will be fixed soon. There are some workarounds to use in these forums for you to experiment.
Also keep in mind that the new engine requires more from your rig than the old one so you might have to change your settings too.

randomjester
06-27-2010, 06:41 AM
Same situation with lag and ping spikes causing freezing and connection timeouts.
I may have a playable game with the these settings.

rate "35000"
cl_cmdrate "101"
cl_updaterate "101"
cl_interp "0.033"
cl_interp_all "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_interp_threadmodeticks "0"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck "0"
cl_pred_optimize "2"
cl_resend "0"
cl_smooth "0"