PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 failed to start (error code 80)

anhsieh
06-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi all,

I recently installed Resident Evil 5 after the nifty Steam sale, and finished downloading earlier this morning. After clicking Play on the games tab, the game ran through its usual mandatory one-time install in Steam, and after it seemed like it was about to run, RE5 promptly crashed with "Resident Evil 5 failed to start (error code 80)".

I then tried to run it directly from the program folder--I run Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, btw, sorry, can't help it--and ran Launcher.exe, getting another Steam Error ["Application load error {P:0000065432)"]. Running RE5DX9 or DX10 gives me an "InitRPL Failed" error, "Errorcode:80070002".

Anyone have any idea what's the problem here? Google offers me no hope on this one.

~A.

anhsieh
06-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Addendum: Found out why Google wasn't offering any help, and the answer was the rest of the Internet is smarter than me. And I call myself pretty well-read on computers ... anyhow, just in case anyone else has this problem, all I had to do was reboot the computer and everything is fine now!