PDA

View Full Version : Bought and now what?

Blackboy0
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Alright so I just bought EVE Online: Tyrannis for $1.99 and now... What do I do?

I got the CD Key Copied onto my clipboard, but I don't know where to put it. I try logging in in-game and it says my account (Which I created a LONG time ago, when I used to play it) says it's deactivated, and I can't login to it on the Website cause it asks for any of my character's names for confirmation, but I can't remember for the life of me.

I also tried creating a new Account on their website song and I try to submit the key but it says it's an Illegal code... Am I clicking the wrong code or something?

I'm so lost. Any help, anyone? I really enjoyed EVE and I want to play again.

ErichK
06-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Did you try installing the game? For me, a popup came up saying that I needed to now link the game to an account on the eve website, with a button I pressed that sent me there. It takes you to automatic account creation, and looking at the address bar, the key code was already in it.

OR, right click the game in your library and select "Manage game account." That will work.

Hope this helped!

Blackboy0
06-27-2010, 09:32 PM
That takes me to the page where it's like "Existing EVE Account" or "New EVE Account", then I hit "Existing" and it goes to:
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/2569/screenshot20100627at831.png
Which is where I was stuck at before :P

Now it seems my Activation Key is already in use, but I have NO ♥♥♥♥ing idea what is going on. I've tried creating a new account, logging into an old one... Wow, this is not going well.

skoalfinecut
06-27-2010, 10:09 PM
From the store page:

Notice: Monthly subscription fee required after first month. Product keys will not work with existing EVE Online accounts.

Boe-Os
06-27-2010, 11:38 PM
These steam Cdkey keys only work with Trial accounts or new accounts, you cant add for extra time to an already full account like a GTC or special ed retail code.

You have to start to download the game in steam for you to unlock the options via right clicking the game to get the manage account option.
Which will then send you to a eve page giving you 2 choices.
1 make new account or upgrade an existing trial account.
rest is easy enough to work out from there, hope this helps.

Blackboy0
06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Well, I just created a new Account and the CD Key worked and everything's fine now. Thanks everyone :)