PDA

View Full Version : Should I really get this game?

Jbotski
06-28-2010, 10:29 AM
I mean, it looks fun, but I've been hearing about mem loss. Im primarily in it for the city building, so should I?

City Builder
06-28-2010, 10:36 AM
It's up to you. The simulation part is nearly non existant. It's pretty but after a short while it's just more of the same but in a boring sort of way. If you can get it for a good price like at the local piggly wiggly for $5.00 then I'd say go for it, but at full price you may as well wait and buy Cities 2011 when Focus Home Interactive re-releases it later this year and see what they've done with it. They might be able to improve the game, or they may just rebrand it and release it again and be the same thing.

Only time will tell.

Jbotski
06-28-2010, 10:40 AM
It's up to you. The simulation part is nearly non existant. It's pretty but after a short while it's just more of the same but in a boring sort of way. If you can get it for a good price like at the local piggly wiggly for $5.00 then I'd say go for it, but at full price you may as well wait and buy Cities 2011 when Focus Home Interactive re-releases it later this year and see what they've done with it. They might be able to improve the game, or they may just rebrand it and release it again and be the same thing.

Only time will tell.

Good idea. I'll wait for 2011.

g0bbybobby
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Cities 2011, I hope its more like the Sim City seires.

Raefzm
06-29-2010, 08:25 AM
There will never be "Cities 2011".

The company who made the game Cities XL does not exist anymore.

crispee
06-29-2010, 02:59 PM

Then why did they release this on Friday?
http://www2.citiesxl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=352%3Afocus-home-interactive-announces-cities-xl-2011&catid=3%3Anewsflash&lang=en

Raefzm
06-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Then why did they release this on Friday?
http://www2.citiesxl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=352%3Afocus-home-interactive-announces-cities-xl-2011&catid=3%3Anewsflash&lang=en

Well, from what I've understand "Cities XL" was developed by Monte Cristo,wich closed two weeks ago.

I suppose then Cities 2011 will be developed by someone else

AlphaFox
06-29-2010, 04:49 PM
"Should I really get this game" No, no and no! Look at the other threads and that will tell you why. :)

brent3000
06-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, from what I've understand "Cities XL" was developed by Monte Cristo,wich closed two weeks ago.

I suppose then Cities 2011 will be developed by someone else

Some people need to read more...

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=370&threadid=115299&STARTPAGE=1

"But then what of Cities XLs future ?
A publisher has shown up who will pick up Cities XLs license, and who will continue to sell the game. This company will surely make itself known soon. We are confident that we leave Cities XL in good hands. "

City Builder
07-01-2010, 02:45 AM

That's funny. Keep up with the news before you talk about stuff please.

Focus Home Interactive bought Cities XL from Montecristo and are releasing Cities 2011 in October of this year.

Go to the focus home interactive website to read up on it if you like.