PDA

View Full Version : Starscape questions...(no spoilers)

kcorey
06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi All,

I'm puzzled.

I can no longer research anything. I've made it to zone 2 I've gotten a weapons upgrade, but I cannot research anything to improve it.

When I go to the R&D screen, the 'build' button is flashing, but the 'research' button is dimmed. Nothing I do is having any effect: right clicking the mouse, pressing 'escape', making sure that there are extra people available to research.

I'm sure this is a clueless newbie problem, but I'd sure appreciate some help. The bad guys are getting stronger and are more numerous here, so I *need* to be able to upgrade my ship.

Thanks for any help!

-Ken

Bsycho
07-18-2010, 02:37 AM
well i have exactly the same problem. i bought the game and im playing on normal, so i think you u should be able to research the tech.

maybe its some sort of bug, i dont know.

tratan3
12-21-2010, 10:24 AM
In case anyone else is having this happen - I skipped zone 2 for fun, and couldn't research much of anything until I killed the zone 3 boss. That seemed to unlock several levels of research. So, it appears you have to kill bosses to unlock more levels of research.

Don't give up! You're "on a mission"! (my brother and I randomly quote that ever since we first played the game, years ago)

teknocack
10-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Ahhhh, thank you for that. What a great game. Glad Steam helped me not to miss it.