PDA

View Full Version : Wow Legendary difficulty is annoying.

Sifer2
06-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I normally like a challenge so I tried starting up the game on Legendary. It's just too annoying though. Doesn't really make things hard it seems so much as cause you an your minions to constantly die fighting any an every enemy. So you have to go farm sheep until you got enough essence to overwhelm the enemy with reinforcements. Kind of a shame since I suspect with upgrades I could enjoy the mode but not sure I can stick with it that long since this is too tedious.

Should I just restart? Since I only just got the crane an went into Bree after about an hour or so lol.

BionicAir
07-04-2010, 10:52 PM
ya i encountered that same crap..i send in my minions,and their all getting pretty much 1 shotted,so i gotta spam my fireball spell to kill the damn halflings fast enough

Ohnoo
10-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Yes its extremely hard, but if you like the challenge go for it. But you will probably change your mind lol.

Katsuni
11-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Mmm thanks for the warning, Sifer2.

Contrary to popular belief, "difficult" and "challenging" are not synonymous with "tedious" and "boring".

Far too often game manufacturers, or players, believe that adding a 0 on the end makes something harder. It rarely does. Having to waste an hour farming sheep instead of actually playing the game has nothing to do with being "hard", all that is, is a waste of time. If yeu can still win with just as much skill, then there is no difference in how hard it is, all yeu've done is artificially increase the length of the game.

True difficulty comes from things becoming more complex, in one form or another. New objectives which have to be achieved, new things which have to be accomplished, bosses or enemies with new attacks or abilities, limitations on things that would let yeu more or less 'cheat' yeur way through, such as removing overpowered characters, attacks, or items. These are whot make things challenging.

Alot of people called FFXI (11 not 14) very difficult and as such more 'hardcore' than games like WoW. After having played both myself, I discovered that FFXI wasn't harder in the slightest... the only thing 'hard' about it, was that normal wandering baddies were balanced so that yeu needed 4-6 people to kill one, which isn't hard, it just is a different game style, and that the control scheme was so muddled and unintuitive, clunky and such, that yeu spent more time fighting the pitiful controls than yeu did the enemies. A poor user interface is not a valid form of 'difficulty'.

I haven't tried legendary difficulty on this game yet, but from whot's been said in this one... it doesn't sound actually harder in the slightest, just more tedious is all. Thanks for the warning, I shall skip such and save myself the headache XD

Jargas
11-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Agreed on hat one, I'm the same way i like a good challenge and start off almost all my games in hard or legendary in this case. Same deal all my minions would constantly die despite my best efforts to keep them alive or help with the killing. I only got as far as the troll before i restarted on normal and had a much better time