PDA

View Full Version : Can't any at Valve, Activision or Raven tell why no Singularity yet

NeedNike
06-29-2010, 03:50 AM
D2D already has it out, but I wanna have the game with my other games so why haven't we
recieved any information yet about the price and release date on steam?

I've never seen steam forget about a game before
it's like they don't care..

nutcrackr
06-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Well given the amount of advertising and amount of reviews leading up to the game days before release I think it's fair comment to say they don't care.

I love how it doesn't have a release date yet its listed before a game due on the 30th of June. I love how there are no forums on steam. I love how the website has no official forums. It's nice that we can't preorder it or even get a price for it. And finally its great that the game isn't even listed on the Activision website.

If this game is anywhere near half decent then it's the worst game launch in history.

The only place it's listed for purchase is Direct2Drive uk which is country restricted on my IP. Might be a retail purchase (if I can find it)

Paladriver
06-29-2010, 07:50 AM
I thought I was the only one. I was like "WTH? I want to purchase the game but I can't? Does Valve/Activision realize the month of June is almost over and the that Singularity release date is today? And why does it not have a specific release date/preorder button, at least?"

Normally in this type of situation I'd go out and buy it the retail version but my local retailer stop carrying PC titles.

Zurv
06-29-2010, 10:40 AM
ugh... i don't wanna have to use D2D :(

Petki1
06-29-2010, 11:58 AM
I also dont want to use another way how to get this game, but I think I have to... at leasts, I cant understand why there is no info about release on steam - if there is any problem, or just game is delayed due to marketing reasons, or what...

Zurv
06-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Any update from someone would be nice... (I know.. asking to much..)

CosmicD
06-29-2010, 12:25 PM
i'm already surprised it's coming on steam at all (good surprise ofcourse), because i've been hearing from sources it wouldn't as well as the "they don't care" factor.. Strange, gamespot calls it a better game than wolfenstein (of last year) and I am looking forward to it

Zurv
06-29-2010, 12:26 PM
the killer is it is just sitting in "new releases" with no price or option to buy... ugh

JTWibble
06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm looking forward to this game, it's getting quite good reviews. Hopefully we will be able to buy it soon, definately best to wait and get it from Steam.

adamcirillo
06-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Looking forward to this game too don't know how it could be in the new release section with no price/option to buy its a bit stupid

StingingVelvet
06-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Activision usually gives boxed retail a window like this.

Game is awesome if you like Raven games by the way... the texture problem sucks though, I hope you Steam guys can fix it like us retail people can.

Paladriver
06-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Activision usually gives boxed retail a window like this.

Game is awesome if you like Raven games by the way... the texture problem sucks though, I hope you Steam guys can fix it like us retail people can.

True but there is usually a specified "steam release date" to go with it... steam store has nada listed, other than June 2010.

sarojz
06-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Well available for download on Direct2Drive right now for $39.95 but there's this ominous warning:

"This product is available worldwide and is not eligible for refunds."

Hmmmmm.., makes one wonder if we're being told this game sucks, if you buy it don't expect your money back. Still doesn't explain the absolute silence on Steam's part but the official release date was today(June 29th). I'm just speculating but I imagine its do to that texture streaming issue reported a few days ago and Steam is wanting to avoid releasing a buggy game directly from the developers.

sarojz
06-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Steam just changed the release date to sometime in July...,

Tom Krasovac
06-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Says June for me, not July. If it's out now for Direct2Drive, Steam will most likely have it in the morning, there must have been some sort of technical delay to keep it from releasing.

sarojz
06-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Weird I was just looking at the "coming soon" column and it did say "Jul 2010" or maybe I was hallucinating I don't know. I just want Steam to at least show a definitive release date.

nutcrackr
06-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Says July for me also now, a retail chain in Australia changed their release date to 2nd of July which may be the regional release here on Steam.

In any case I just got it off Direct2Drive, they were the only ones selling it and I've used them before.

NeedNike
06-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Mine still says Jun 2010, but I'm giving steam one more day to release it, if not, I'll buy it at Direct2drive.

Paladriver
06-30-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm tempted to buy it off D2D but some of there earlier business practices (charging to re-download purchased titles, etc.) makes me hesitant to do so.... have they changed in recent years?

Zurv
06-30-2010, 10:04 AM
i'm reloaded stuff from d2d in the past - so i don't think they charge extra for it anymore.

I'm going to get it from D2D. i'm sick of... not really waiting.. just sick of not being informed. (and having the game (again) in new release and not being able to buy it)

CosmicD
06-30-2010, 10:20 AM
hehe, I don't see any "release date" anymore, for me, it's again "just released" but no "add to cart "button. Strange

Paladriver
06-30-2010, 12:40 PM
i'm reloaded stuff from d2d in the past - so i don't think they charge extra for it anymore.

I'm going to get it from D2D. i'm sick of... not reallying waiting.. just sick of not being informed. (and having the game (again) in new release and not being able to buy it)

Agreed, I prefer a "hey guys we're in the process of getting the digital publishing rights for the game" than an lack of response.

NeedNike
06-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Lol, just tried to purchase Singularity on D2D, but I'm blocked because of some geographical limitations and/or age restrictions. Even thought I live in Denmark (It's available worldwide) and are over 18 years old. Seems like I'm not supposed to get the games yet! -_-

StingingVelvet
06-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Great game... hope you guys get it soon.

JTWibble
06-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Now it seems to be gone from the coming soon section :-/

Paladriver
06-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Game is now for sale via Steam (at least in NA)

JTWibble
06-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Just restarted Steam and it came up with a window saying Singularity now available but it's not in the new releases or coming soon section. Did a search for the game and it is there but with no price or option to buy, this is in the UK.

marciohuser
06-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Well, the game got just released on Steam. But, has no buying option for me, only when I append ?cc=us at the URL. Guess it will be region restricted. Besides, it is $10,04 more expensive than some place else (I won't give names, but you all know were)

agent_orange13
06-30-2010, 07:53 PM
I just looked and it offiacly is open to purchase. Its 49.99. I just bought it and am installing it now.
but really way to drop the ball steam

sarojz
06-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Hmmmm, do I buy Singularity from Steam @$49.99 or do I buy from "cough" D2D @$39.95?

marciohuser
06-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Hmmmm, do I buy Singularity from Steam @$49.99 or do I buy from "cough" D2D @$39.95?
Nah, the trailer and the GameSpot review got me into the game, but I'll wait 2 or 3 months until it have its own 50% deal (on a second thought: Activision, huh? My hope just drained off :p)

Chizu
06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
I like how they just entirely removed it from the UK store.
Looks like no Singularity on steam for us.
I really wish they would not list games they are not going to sell here on the main store page.

nutcrackr
07-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Singularity was also taken off the coming soon list for me and there is no buy or add to cart button on the page. Not even a release date on the main page - the search says Jul 2010 though. (Australia)

The fact that it still exists on Steam leads me to believe there will be some regional pricing. I doubt it would be cheaper than $50, let alone D2D. Do yourself a favour and get it from D2D before Activision realises and pulls the plug on that too.

CosmicD
07-01-2010, 12:49 AM
tsss, it's that time again. In 2010 publishers are still restricting countries from buying games on a digital platform... bad :P

Zargas
07-01-2010, 06:24 AM
It just told me after exiting a game that Singularity was available
No it is not

Two games i've been waiting for has latly not showed up on steam even if every points towards it

This and Transformers
What is going on?

JTWibble
07-01-2010, 06:43 AM
I've just been to my local games store and spoke with the manager, he was fully aware that Singularity should be released for PC, but they have not recieved copies of the game and it was not even listed in his folder of upcoming games, very strange.

AzzX
07-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Got the release popup when I launched Steam. Clicked the image of "Singularity released" and Steam gave me nothing but a placeholder :(

Aussie Steam user.....

Chizu
07-01-2010, 08:10 AM
I go the pop up telling me Singularity was out (which it is not here) just after I finished playing Singularity :)

Gifted by an american friend.

But I hate that steam is telling me things are out on steam that I am not allowed to buy.

theyarecoming4u
07-01-2010, 08:27 AM
It shows up with a price on the US version of the site but not here in the UK, despite the big advert pointing me to the page.

JTWibble
07-01-2010, 11:55 AM
This is driving me mad, I really want this game, can't get it in stores and no word from steam, could someone from Steam / Activision let us know if it's ever going to be on Steam?

Frogmorton
07-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I found the empty display case in the new releases section at a local games shop. Tried to buy the damned game and they could not find the disk (staff member took it home, maybe?).

So then I come home, pretty sure that I had seen it listed on Steam recently, only to find no trace of it on the Steam store.

You would think the publishers, retailers etc could have moved on from last-century incompetence by now. Haven't they heard they can use *computers* to manage things like this?