PDA

View Full Version : This is awesome.

Sardaukar
06-29-2010, 07:58 AM
So here I am, going through the sale lists, grabbing demos, deleting old ones, etc. I get to the Metal Drift demo I downloaded a day or so ago and am about to delete out of spite since, so far, all the games I've sampled haven't really been good.

Maybe it's because I just rewatched Robot Jox and spent a few hours on YouTube reminiscing on the visions of the future from the 80's and 90's, maybe it was just curiosity, but I fired the demo up anyways to give it a shot.

And wow, this is great. Polished, tight, looks like something from the aforementioned era. It's the multiplayer I hoped to see in a Tank Universal patch, and feels like a game from the '97-'02 era of PC development. Bravo, Black Jacket Studios.

BeefThief
06-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Yeah, Black Jacket Studios is pretty amazing :)

Tigerhawk71
06-29-2010, 08:53 AM
+ rep for mentioning Tank Universal (and the fact it doesn't have multiplayer.. i mean.. come on!)

The game is great. Unfortunately the active community is fairly small and finding players outside of the weekly "pickup" games can be hard. But it's an awesome, awesome game. Great fun, even with just one or two friends. I've been convincing all my friends to buy it. :D

Wiweeyum
06-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Yup, you summed it up pretty dang good! Don't let the number of players fool you, people just don't know about Metal Drift yet. Most are just like you.

Spread the word, and let's play!

Electronaut
07-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Just to let you guys know, we've almost doubled the number of people with copies of the game in the last week, due to the Summer Indie bundle that just went on sale. Hopefully that will translate to a bigger online community.

BeefThief
07-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Just to let you guys know, we've almost doubled the number of people with copies of the game in the last week, due to the Summer Indie bundle that just went on sale. Hopefully that will translate to a bigger online community.
Hrm, how can I express my feelings right now...

Oh yeah. BOOYAH!

Wiweeyum
07-02-2010, 03:53 PM
That's freakin' sweet!

Smonkey
07-02-2010, 10:21 PM

I really hope that wasnt the big sale that the devs said was coming. I know like 5 people interested in buying the game. Since I was told of a future sale coming soon by the devs, my friends have been waiting.... but they dont want to buy it in a pack, just the game by its self. I bought it a month ago or so for the current price, which I think is still a good deal for what you get, but they dont.

Electronaut
07-03-2010, 12:47 PM
There will definitely be other Metal Drift stand alone sales, but I couldn't tell you when the next one will be.