PDA

View Full Version : Number of Eve Steam players more than double

g0bbybobby
06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
When I played eve number of Steam players was around 400 mark. Now its 1,600! How many new Eve players will continue playing once there cheap month runs out? I stopped playign few months back on grounds of it costing to much, it it worth coming back to? any improvement with new expantion. I was mainly a miner, hulk, 100% refines with 1 corp...

Phil_Ayceao
06-29-2010, 12:23 PM
I don't know if mining has changed...but at this point it is.

1. fly to rock.
2. target lock rock.
3. activate mining laser/drones.
4. wait.
5. fly to station.
6. sell/reprocess.
7. slam face into wall.
8. repeat.

g0bbybobby
06-29-2010, 12:55 PM

1. fly to rock.
2. target lock rock.
4. wait.
5. fly to station.
6. sell/reprocess.
7. slam face into wall.
8. repeat.

Heh Kinda like that but I stockpiled it all up. Then refined stockpiling the minerals further till I got say 100M worth and thn sell. But the Monthlly fee was just too high, I played for 6 months, people say ''u must be able to get plex'' But mining all time just to get plex is boring. I wanna make some profit, amount of ships I lose (lost) it not add up! It also too time consuming. Steam says I clocked 700+ hours, in 6 months thats Insane IMO! SO I stopped. I had an In game trade channel, loads of freinds corp mates ETC, said I would return in 2 months but I prob not, too much college work to do.

Joshmansss
06-29-2010, 01:26 PM

1. fly to rock.
2. target lock rock.
4. wait.
5. fly to station.
6. sell/reprocess.
7. slam face into wall.
8. repeat.

Lol, join a decent alliance or corp which is active in PvP, one that hopefully has a ship replacement programme for ships lost during fleet ops (Not stupid losses, like losing a ship on lowsec gate guns...)

General day for me when i log in..

1. Check ship hangar and see what ship i want to use today..
2. Ask in teamspeak wether there is any roaming going on
2.1. If there is no roam ongoing, proceed to enter ratting ship & pop some angel spawns untill some reds appear.
2.2. If there is a roam currently ongoing or forming up, hop in appropriate ship and ask for fleet location.
3. Wait for FC orders.
4. Roam about 0.0 popping hostiles along the way.
4.1. Setup gate/station camp
5. Return home with a cargohold full of lewt & new killmails to post up.

Phil_Ayceao
06-29-2010, 03:05 PM
yeah josh I stopped mining after the second tutorial mission and have been just mission running for now. When I feel that I've got ten a good enough grasp on the game and a little cash built up I'll move on to something more exciting.

TheDuality
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
1. Join Eve University.
2. Graduate from Eve University.
3. Join 0.0 corp.
4. Move to 0.0.
5. Experience Eve.

Seriously - I moved to 0.0 space 7 days ago after spending a year living in Empire space, and the game has taken on a new lease of life for me. I just made 15mil ISK ratting for under an hour. I never made that much missioning in Empire. I was on 10+ killmails on my first 0.0 fleet op.

Life in Eve does not get better than 0.0 life.

Revengous
06-29-2010, 10:05 PM
if you just started, id learn to use the map, not autopiolet, jsut lost a ship because autopiolet thought 0.3 was "safe"

T@T-2-MoNk3y
06-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Lol, join a decent alliance or corp which is active in PvP, one that hopefully has a ship replacement programme for ships lost during fleet ops (Not stupid losses, like losing a ship on lowsec gate guns...)

General day for me when i log in..

1. Check ship hangar and see what ship i want to use today..
2. Ask in teamspeak wether there is any roaming going on
2.1. If there is no roam ongoing, proceed to enter ratting ship & pop some angel spawns untill some reds appear.
2.2. If there is a roam currently ongoing or forming up, hop in appropriate ship and ask for fleet location.
3. Wait for FC orders.
4. Roam about 0.0 popping hostiles along the way.
4.1. Setup gate/station camp
5. Return home with a cargohold full of lewt & new killmails to post up.

the angel rats are annoying... doing 3 damage types :(

at least they use micro warp drives though so increased sig radius makes them pop fast...

TheDuality
06-30-2010, 01:47 AM
if you just started, id learn to use the map, not autopiolet, jsut lost a ship because autopiolet thought 0.3 was "safe"

Bug from the new patch. I tried to plot a route back into 0.0 from a trip into Empire space and I noticed my usual route was a lot shorter with lowsec systems in it :/

Catachan
06-30-2010, 01:59 AM
I'm a Steam player and have signed up for at least 5 months. However, I am absolutely loving the game and intend to stay for much longer! Bring on another Steam sale please! :D

g0bbybobby
06-30-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm a Steam player and have signed up for at least 5 months. However, I am absolutely loving the game and intend to stay for much longer! Bring on another Steam sale please! :D

you cannot pay for eve using steam, what you bought was activation and 30 days play time.

Red Scent
06-30-2010, 10:31 AM
you cannot pay for eve using steam, what you bought was activation and 30 days play time.

Maybe he bought some time cards and/or sent some buddy invites? :cool:

Catachan
06-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Buddy invites ftw! 6 months fully "prepaid" ;)

g0bbybobby
07-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Buddy invites ftw! 6 months fully "prepaid" ;)

wow nice. Just got an email from EVE asking me to come back to even, they will even give me 5 days free and the first month back 9.95Euro.oh and I get a free ship!

murpes
07-10-2010, 12:42 PM
When I played eve number of Steam players was around 400 mark. Now its 1,600! How many new Eve players will continue playing once there cheap month runs out? I stopped playign few months back on grounds of it costing to much, it it worth coming back to? any improvement with new expantion. I was mainly a miner, hulk, 100% refines with 1 corp...

I figured for $2, why not if it sucks all I lose is a little gaming time. Turns out I love it, and will be subscribing. Engaging and challenging game!