PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to LIVE

Militaristi
06-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey! I can't connect to live, because i have not registered my game with the cd-key. The problem is, I don't know where to type it.

Thanks

nabokovfan87
06-29-2010, 05:10 PM
for FO3, the only other GFWL game I have tried, you load up the game, it asks for it, then you enter it.

Try adding it in the client, under "redeem key" or "my account"

Caliostro
06-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey! I can't connect to live, because i have not registered my game with the cd-key. The problem is, I don't know where to type it.

Thanks

I'm getting the same issue... It's unnerving.

I can't see anywhere to put the "CD-Key" in, but it keeps asking for it to sign on to windows live...

Edit: Just sign on to Windows Live. Let it fail, ask to retry, and it'll eventually prompt you to enter the CD-Key... How much more counterintuitive could it possibly be?

retsamradassaT
06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
GFWL asks for your CD key as soon as you sign on. If you are having trouble signing on manually, try selecting the multiplayer option at the menu and see if the game would auto sign in for you.

jimbofluffy
06-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Edit: Just sign on to Windows Live. Let it fail, ask to retry, and it'll eventually prompt you to enter the CD-Key... How much more counterintuitive could it possibly be?

I have bought a lot of GFWL games recently. Its like that on every one of them.

Krackatoa
06-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Teacher: "Okay class. What have we learned here?"

Children: "Games for Windows Live is a terrible online distribution platform that suffers from severely flawed user interface design and shoddy resource memory issues."

Teacher: "That's right! You all get a gold star!"

chronox12
06-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Click on the Connect to Live button at the top and if it fails click try again and it'll allow you to put in the CD key there.