PDA

View Full Version : Visually.... gotta say....

Shai`tan
06-29-2010, 09:32 PM
I am impressed. I booted up the game and went thru the vis settings, maxed em out at 1680x1050, no AA/AF (295 GTX). Went ingame and it looked kinda washed out sorta. And mouse control had a floaty feeling I couldn`t get rid of no matter how much tweaking I did.

Sounds from weaps as well seem to be lacking that beefy feel. Anyways, I decided to just make a nVidia Game Profile. Found the OA .exe from within the nVidia applet, made the profile, and tweaked that.

Went back into the game and whoah. Everything now looks pretty sweet. And the floaty mouse control tightened up as well. I am pretty impressed with the games visuals. Nice textures.

Odd things here and there tho. Wondering why we can`t use mouse wheel to select zoom modes for example for the sniper rifle. No crouch toggle? As in hold toggle to crouch, let go of the toggle and you stand.

I really like this Expacks tutorial. So far, this Expack is a more pro feeling offering than ARMA 2 at release. I am liking what I have seen/experienced so far.

Dwarden
06-29-2010, 10:23 PM
for the mouse anti sluggish settings
first disable mouse smoothing (slider to left)
and then in arma2oa.cfg set GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

that should help

SageNTitled
06-30-2010, 04:41 AM
I can't find the arma2oa.cfg file.

Bono_LV
06-30-2010, 05:28 AM
It's in My documents/Arma 2 folder

I'm quite impressed with game too. But near city fps is close to unplayable. :S

AussieSausage
06-30-2010, 05:48 AM
It's in My documents/Arma 2 folder

I'm quite impressed with game too. But near city fps is close to unplayable. :S

is that still an issue :(

1.07 patch in arma2 really smoothed it out for me though

cant wait to pick up operation arrowhead :cool:

Kridian
06-30-2010, 01:30 PM
There's the Aiming Zone slider you can slide all the way to the left. I believe it's in the Game Options(?)