PDA

View Full Version : Star Wolves 3 Questions

Smiiley
06-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey there! :)
So far im loving this game, but i do have some questions :)
For instance, when i use autospeed i often get "Not enoguh resources for 8x Speed"
What do they mean by this and where can i see the reasourse measurements :)

Secondly, (*Oops spoiler alert*)
When the triada told me to plant some spy satellites in x-54 i deicded to join the inocos to fight of the pirates, and after this inoco told me i could use their shops once, but i didnt really get to find a shop with anything moderately useable and wonder if there is some bug floating about

Cheers:)

Di Katana
07-01-2010, 02:10 AM
Hey there,

As to your first question, check out this post
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1330702

As for the second part, not sure, sorry

Cheers

stuka10000
07-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey there! :)
So far im loving this game, but i do have some questions :)
For instance, when i use autospeed i often get "Not enoguh resources for 8x Speed"
What do they mean by this and where can i see the reasourse measurements :)

Secondly, (*Oops spoiler alert*)
When the triada told me to plant some spy satellites in x-54 i deicded to join the inocos to fight of the pirates, and after this inoco told me i could use their shops once, but i didnt really get to find a shop with anything moderately useable and wonder if there is some bug floating about

Cheers:)

The first part is because the game engine isn't the best as far as optimisation goes. The message means that your computer doesn't have the resources for 8x. In other words all the processing power and graphics muscle is currently being used to the max. As the game goes on you will notice massive drops in framerate when large battles are happening, even if they are not on screen. There is a memory leak somewhere.

The second part is easy. Ignore the InoCo shop and get FTU warehouse access ( it's a skill that your main character can learn ). You will not be sorry :)

Di Katana
07-04-2010, 10:55 PM
The FTU Warehouse is really great, but to be honest, just go through the hidden stash thread and find the stashes, many of them (like the ubber stash right below Elio) is the biggest stash ever found, I pretty much had all the equipment I ever needed for my fighters from there alone. The other stashes are really great to build up the funds needed to kit out your mothership.

Smiiley
07-05-2010, 05:08 AM
these stashes u speak of, please tell me more :)

Di Katana
07-05-2010, 05:45 AM
Here's the link to the Hidden stash topic
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1181837

Smiiley
07-05-2010, 07:18 AM
one more thing, currently im at a mission to kill SAM alongside lots of berserkers and some brainwashed inoco soldiers, when i use ternies "summon precursor ship abilityy" the prcursor ships turns enemy and kills my fighters -.-

stuka10000
07-05-2010, 08:54 AM
one more thing, currently im at a mission to kill SAM alongside lots of berserkers and some brainwashed inoco soldiers, when i use ternies "summon precursor ship abilityy" the prcursor ships turns enemy and kills my fighters -.-

Not sure about that one, maybe a bug.

ZephyrSB
07-06-2010, 03:03 AM

So wait...you're summoning AI drones to help you fight an uber-AI? Have you never seen BSG? :(

(truth is, it's probably a bug...but one that kinda makes sense ;) )

SpectralShade
07-06-2010, 05:21 AM
So wait...you're summoning AI drones to help you fight an uber-AI? Have you never seen BSG? :(

(truth is, it's probably a bug...but one that kinda makes sense ;) )

In the later series of BSG there's plenty of toaster vs toaster fighting, so no issues there. Especially as the world where only toasters had lived, had been destroyed by civil war.

so no problems with AI's fighting against each other.

No1Mumbler
11-14-2010, 10:45 AM
the problem with the x8 is due to something happening and it resticts its usage around stations and what not, my computer cant lag, considering how powerful it is, go play eve, that has alot more resorces to it.

Sniperek
01-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Any other games like Eve out there? I remember Elite on my Amiga i never seen anything like this after!